Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 12:58 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times

Advertisements

As a restaurant owner I get where the owner is coming from. I don't believe the waitress forgot the table number, the owner probably realized it was more then just the waitress forgetting the table number and fired her. I would never keep such a liability at my restaurant. If the customers and owner were offended then why should I believe the waitress. People are politically sensitive and the restaurant should not be punished by societies problems.

If a waitress can't even remember her table numbers she likely isn't worth keeping and I don't buy her story regardless. I would expect the waitress to know all the tables her first night. That's the most basic knowledge for a waitress. Thats just my opinion, it's impossible to know what went through her head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:58 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
So you're fine with knowing that strained race relations keeps people apart from one another. I think that's sad, you think it's fine. Irreconcilable difference I guess. So be it.
Its keeping some people a part from some other people. That is their choice. I am not going to become meek and terrified of speaking my mind to appease someone who is meek and terrified of speaking thier mind. If being told that you offened me is so offensive to you that you want to stay away from me then I am better off not being around you. I can't stand someone who can't take constructive criticism. A lot of people in this country of all creeds can not take constructive criticism. I live in Texas and native Texans seem to walk on egg shells. I have come to understand that the reason they are so nice is because they don't talk about anything that may offend someone. Its a very southern attitude.

I see a huge flaw in your argument. You are so obsessed with pointing out that people shouldn't be offended that you never question those who are offended by others being offended. I prefer to be ok with other people telling me I offended them. You learn a lot that way. I use to use a Indian racial epithetall of the time. I wasn't introduced to the word as an eptithet so I didn't realize it. When a woman told me it was offensive to use that word I did some research and discovered I was likely offending people. I could have gotten offended by her offense. Instead I used her offense to better myself as a person.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:00 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
a number of facebookers are saying the fired waitress was black..

the plot thickens.
The read the FB post as the bartender was empathizing and showing support for the fired waitress, commiserating with a fellow server being taken advantage of by easily offended and less than ethical customers, not making reference to the skin color of the fired waitress.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:02 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Feels like 2014 all over again.

I'll be waiting for the story in a few weeks where it is discovered the customers did this.
Ah, did you actually read the article? It was printed on the receipt by the computer.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Its keeping some people a part from some other people. That is their choice. I am not going to become meek and terrified of speaking my mind to appease someone who is meek and terrified of speaking thier mind. If being told that you offened me is so offensive to you that you want to stay away from me then I am better off not being around you. I can't stand someone who can't take constructive criticism. A lot of people in this country of all creeds can not take constructive criticism. I live in Texas and native Texans seem to walk on egg shells. I have come to understand that the reason they are so nice is because they don't talk about anything that may offend someone. Its a very southern attitude.

I see a huge flaw in your argument. You are so obsessed with pointing out that people shouldn't be offended that you never question those who are offended by others being offended. I prefer to be ok with other people telling me I offended them. You learn a lot that way. I use to use a Indian racial epithetall of the time. I wasn't introduced to the word as an eptithet so I didn't realize it. When a woman told me it was offensive to use that word I did some research and discovered I was likely offending people. I could have gotten offended by her offense. Instead I used her offense to better myself as a person.
Is "black" a racial epithet?

There's nothing wrong with being offended by something offensive. People who are easily and readily offended for the sake of it are tiresome.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:03 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
In California southern hispanics don't like northern, they call them farmers. Now Nigerians don't like American blacks. We are all the same race. The human race. As long as they have us hating on each other we will be divided and it's just what the ruling class wants. Don't give in to it. The evil media exploits this to no end. Shut the news off.

As time moves with all the technological advances the world is worse off than it was and every passing year it gets worse. Progressives cite progress. The real term they should use is regressive.
I truly see this as that time so far to be a human being and see the future of our species as very bright.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:04 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The read the FB post as the bartender was empathizing and showing support for the fired waitress, being a fellow server and being taken advantage of by easily offended and less than ethical customers, not the skin color of the fired waitress.
yeah, that's right. i didn't mean to imply her statement as means to substantiate the claims that the waitress was also black (can i say that? - probably not ), i just thought it was a good comment.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
If a white person doesn't want to interact with me because they are afraid they will offend me it just shows me that white person isn't worth interacting with. I am fine with the way things are. Its like a natural BS filter. I interact with plenty of white people. I have a white female friend who has made jokes about me having several baby mammas. I have white friends who have offended me on several occasions. I love them. The white people who act like me being offended is the worst thing in the world are the ones who are more trouble than they are worth, If they feel the same about me its a win win situation.
Except any black person can claim they are 'offended' by a white person and get the white person "censored!", "fired!", "blacklist!". A black or non-white person just claiming they are 'offended' can even get monuments, symbols and mascots and heritage purged. Of course when a white person feels offended by someone of another race, that's just 'racism' and the white person is punished. White people are attacked coming and going. That's a big reason some white people with any self respect want nothing to do with non-whites.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:09 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Is "black" a racial epithet?

There's nothing wrong with being offended by something offensive. People who are easily and readily offended for the sake of it are tiresome.
Worse than tiresome. They are destructive to their "cause".

Old 07-29-2015, 01:11 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
This reminds me of that scene in Lethal Weapon 2, where Danny Glover goes to the South African embassy and asks to emigrate to South Africa.

SA Official: Sir, please, I beg you to reconsider.
Danny Glover: Why?
SA Official: Well, be..be.because you're black!
Joe Pesci. Thats right....you are....he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies