Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That is false. The Progressive groups were flagged for reasons that would have tripped up any group regardless of their specific political ideology. That's the way it's supposed to work.
Nope, those were the 7 groups that fit Issa's filtered Criteria AFTER he moved the goal post. He hoped, like you, that he could get the number to 0, but he couldnt.

OH look, you didnt quote my entire post agian....

Last edited by dsjj251; 07-30-2015 at 08:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 08:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nope, those were the 7 groups that fit Issa's filtered Criteria AFTER he moved the goal post. He hoped, like you, that he could get the number to 0, but he couldnt.
Thank you for all of your clarifying posts in this thread. Amazing how none of this ever came out in the dozens of threads that have been created on this topic.

So--Issa created his own search criteria to filter out everything that didn't fit what he had already decided he wanted the outcome to be. Why am I not surprised?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Thank you for all of your clarifying posts in this thread. Amazing how none of this ever came out in the dozens of threads that have been created on this topic.

So--Issa created his own search criteria to filter out everything that didn't fit what he had already decided he wanted the outcome to be. Why am I not surprised?
i quoted Issa himself and how he got to the imaginary numbers republicans on this site continue to post, and yet they are still denying it.

its down right sad. If it was as bad as they had claimed, they would simply go by the entire list of targeted words/phrases, instead he puts forth a narrative based on his own criteria to maximize the percentage of conservative groups.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:35 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
i quoted Issa himself and how he got to the imaginary numbers republicans on this site continue to post, and yet they are still denying it.

its down right sad. If it was as bad as they had claimed, they would simply go by the entire list of targeted words/phrases, instead he puts forth a narrative based on his own criteria to maximize the percentage of conservative groups.
So basically, just like Benghazi, this is a "scandal" that was fabricated out of whole cloth by Issa and the right.

Again, why am I not surprised?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:38 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:

Even if this were true it's only 30 percent of them. Setting that aside your assertion is false. From the IG:

Quote:
From our audit work, we did not find evidence that the criteria you
identified, labeled "Progressives," were used by the IRS to select potential political
cases during the 2010 to 2012 timeframe we audited.

Had you read the letter from the IG you would know this. I would suggest you do instead of continuing to make a fool of yourself.

Now we are back to 0 liberal groups targeted becsue of their political ideology. Any other assertions you want shot down?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
i quoted Issa himself and how he got to the imaginary numbers republicans on this site continue to post,

The imaginary numbers you are referring too are from the IG. Is the IG lying?

Old 07-30-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So basically, just like Benghazi, this is a "scandal" that was fabricated out of whole cloth by Issa and the right.

Again, why am I not surprised?
Are the statements by Lois Lerner and the testimony of the IG fabrications?

Old 07-31-2015, 05:29 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Even if this were true it's only 30 percent of them. Setting that aside your assertion is false. From the IG:

Had you read the letter from the IG you would know this. I would suggest you do instead of continuing to make a fool of yourself.

Now we are back to 0 liberal groups targeted becsue of their political ideology. Any other assertions you want shot down?
Do you honestly think HeyJude or Dsjj cares?

They are here to lie for Obama, they approve of lawlessness against political opponents.

How many times has Koskinen lied or withheld evidence under oath? All an accidental coincidence to the sheep.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:37 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Boys its over, the GOP is now on Bengasi. They know a loser when they see one and the IRS nonsense is over

Bengasi will be over sooner then you think, they are trying their best to put the hearing off as long as they can but that's over too.

Need new nonsense boys.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Know what amazes me? The WAAAAHHHH! Those mean ol IRS folks targeted conservatives, how dare they, they should be banned from doing this.

When the reality is...they should be encouraged to do this to every single group.

Makes you wonder why that isnt the argument doesnt it?
Because it's a bad argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies