Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 08:50 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
I don't think you have even the slightest clue of what you talk about. We did not/have not "given Iran a nuclear bomb. Iran will become nuclear armed whether we like it or not - that is the REALITY. If you fail to see the "sanity" on this deal then it is not that deal, but YOU that is the problem.
riiiiigggghhht....

because handing Iran 100 BILLION DOLLARS is so not gonna help the greatest state sponsor of terror to.... .... .... SPREAD MORE TERROR....

and the deal which I have read extensively about, and listened to the president talk about gives Iran full control over inspections. that alone hands then capacity to do anything they want.

there is more. but hey I don't know what im talking about and you are brilliant. so

explain to me how this doesn't do exactly what I said it does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 09:35 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
riiiiigggghhht....

because handing Iran 100 BILLION DOLLARS is so not gonna help the greatest state sponsor of terror to.... .... .... SPREAD MORE TERROR....

and the deal which I have read extensively about, and listened to the president talk about gives Iran full control over inspections. that alone hands then capacity to do anything they want.

there is more. but hey I don't know what im talking about and you are brilliant. so

There is a great contradiction in his arguments. He claims the deal is a "good" deal but Iran will inevitably create nuclear bombs.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:45 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
There is a great contradiction in his arguments. He claims the deal is a "good" deal but Iran will inevitably create nuclear bombs.
Just yesterday Mr. Obama stated that this deal would lead to Iran funding "things that are against our interests"

that's code for terror that will kill Americans.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Just yesterday Mr. Obama stated that this deal would lead to Iran funding "things that are against our interests"

Because of the lifting of the sanctions. But that money is going to trickle down into the secular sector of Iran and a beautiful uprising will conquer the current regime and democracy and peace will prevail.

There is no way that the authoritarian regime wont use that money to continue its conquest of four Sunni capitals though.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
If Iran has nukes, Israel cannot defend itself. 2 nukes will effectively remove Israel from existence.
1) That's a very large IF

2) Those same 2 nukes would effectively remove Iran from existence, what reason is there to believe that's their aim?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:06 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
riiiiigggghhht....

Quote:

Yeh, I'll say it again: you have no idea what you are talking about. We are NOT "handing Iran 100 bn dollars" - saying as much means you just don't get it. Iran's assets are not sitting in a US bank waiting for us to hit the "send" button. Their assets are in countries like China, Russia, India (and others). That money will come back to Iran with or without a deal (because international sanctions will fall apart, either completely or partially either way).

Iran DOES NOT have "full control" over diddly squat. The agreement allows us full around the clock access to all declared sites. If we want to go somewhere else, we can. Iran cannot prevent it by the very nature of the voting balance. The US can also, on its own, trigger the "snapback" clause. You need to understand this (as do all the naysayers) - we have full access to their entire supply chain. Sanctions are only lifted when Iran complies with the conditions of the agreement - those of which are a huge rollback in its nuclear program. They simply cannot just create some secret facility and produce a nuclear weapon, nor can they just "sneak in" the materials needed. I think this point is somehow lost on those who criticize the deal, or talk about Iran cheating on it.

Now, this deal is about Iran's nuclear program - nothing else. Will Iran become the perfect ally in the region? No, of course not. But this is the best way forward in terms of changing its current behavior. (You should also note the level of support for activity against our interests in our other so-called allies too (wink wink).

Old 08-06-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:

Iran could produce a nuclear weapon under current sanctions (its program has advanced dramatically under them), and they will fall apart either way. They will also produce a nuclear weapon if we bombed them (in fact, it would be even more likely).

This simple point has been made by almost every rational person on earth. This deal, not only dramatically reduces Iran's nuclear program, but it offers "the best" chance of changing Iran's course toward a bomb.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Iran could produce a nuclear weapon under current sanctions (its program has advanced dramatically under them), and they will fall apart either way. They will also produce a nuclear weapon if we bombed them (in fact, it would be even more likely).

This simple point has been made by almost every rational person on earth. This deal, not only dramatically reduces Iran's nuclear program, but it offers "the best" chance of changing Iran's course toward a bomb.
Obviously not because the facts on the ground say otherwise. A security dilemma is starting to form.

Anyway, care to refute your previous post?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Obviously not because the facts on the ground say otherwise. A security dilemma is starting to form.

Anyway, care to refute your previous post?

What? And no, I stand by all of them.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
What? And no, I stand by all of them.
Oh ok.. Well I guess I need to pay close attention again to your sources since you do not read them. And obviously you do not read mine even when they come from the GCC news outlet themselves. Confirmation bias plagues the forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies