Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 06:18 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times

Advertisements

I never watch Fox so had not seen her before. What is with the flirting with the camera, the snide smiles? And her loaded "questions" for Trump. It was was too obvious there was a lot more than news reporting/moderating going on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 06:18 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
A good politician can tell you how to do everything.

A good president can show you how to get things done.

None of these bozos will make a good president and neither will Hillary.

People who can get things done don't seem to run for president.

Our country is really in a rut if these candidates are the best running for office.

I often ask that same thing "is this the best we have to choose from?"
The answer is the really smart people are in the private sector making big money. They are the doers and not like a politician that tells others what to do.

Maybe it is time to get away from the conventional career politician and take a better look at Carson and maybe Trump. I think both of them would be smart enough to surround themselves with top advisors.

Trump wants to be King. Carson wants a better country for the future generations.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:19 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't trust polls much. They tried to say that Jeb Bush handled himself well and people were interested in him. I thought he took many hits in the debate and didn't do much to distinguish himself as anything other than the candidate of privilege.
The powers that be want it to be Bush vs. Hillary. maybe Hillary serves a term and then Bush the next two. Its up to us, the people, to keep those two monstrosities out of office at any cost. We need a regime change, 20 years has been too long.
I'm more interested in scientific polls, not polls a la Drudge.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:22 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Conservatives got a chance to see last night what the rest of us have been saying about Fox News for years. They are biased and attempt to influence opinion more than inform. I'm not saying the others don't as well, but fair and balanced is a crock and that was more than evident last night.
Yup, they really showed their true colors. I have a feeling that Limbaugh is going to have a field day with this. He loves Trump from what I understand.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I wasn't judging him by his positions, just by the way he came off. Shrill and combative, when it wasn't necessary to be either one of those things. Instead of stating his positions in shouting matches, he could have waited for a question and then said what he had to say. He was clearly trying to raise his profile by attacking Trump and Christie, and it didn't work. I think his poll numbers will bear me out on this.

His one good line -- not wanting his guns and marriage registered in Washington -- was a straight answer to a direct question.

As for the rest, I am not aware that we are sending arms to ISIS right now. Talking about what happened years ago in another context does not answer the question, "how do we defeat them now."

As for catching terrorists who might strike in this country, you have two choices -- profiling, or collecting mass data and then looking to see if there are connections to terrorists overseas.

I support profiling, but since America has decided that that would be "racist," that leaves only mass data collection and looking for patterns. It's a difficult balancing act between national security and constitutional rights.

ISIS came to power due to our foreign policy of constant meddling in the middle east, propping up regimes, supporting rebels...ect... Again, that region has been and continues to be a cestpool! We have no business being over there, and should have stayed out! You can say that Russia, and China would have filled the gap, had we not been there, but they would be in the same boat as we are. And Russia got their fingers burned eventually by trying to occupy Afghanistan! At any rate, not one more drop of American blood should be spilled over that region!

Old 08-07-2015, 06:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Leave Jesus out of it, bunch of nincumpoops.
You will never hear a "God" question in a Democratic debate. Which is one (of a myriad) of reasons I vote Democratic.

I thought it was interesting that they didn't ask that question of Trump.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:25 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Kelly did great. Trump was rightfully exposed as a Democrat, which in his mind (and the very small minds of his supporters) is "attacking him".

Old 08-07-2015, 06:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Looks like the moderator bias backfired big time. Drudge Report poll with 420 000+ responses show nearly 50% of respondents think Trump won the debate. All other candidates share the other 50%, with Cruz being #2 with 13%.

http://www.drudgereport.com/now.htm

Old 08-07-2015, 06:37 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
But you really liked him before this debate.

I'm guessing not.
I like him as a comedian, as a reality star. I watched several seasons of the apprentice. He makes me laugh but I wouldn't vote for him

He is not giving me any reasons to like him as a presidential candidate. He has no agenda. All I keep hearing is a bunch of negativite comments followed by "I'm very successful/rich and I will fix it". And then to make things worse he sounds like a conspiracist saying that the Mexican government is sending criminals.

Do I think Fox was after him? Sure they were, they are smart enough to know that he won't win the national election. Donald did exactly what they expected him to do. Will their strategy work? no one knows for sure yet.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
I thought the questions from the moderators were difficult, pointed, and certainly appropriate.

We are six years into the Obama presidency, and the laughable mainstream press has yet to challenge him with a question even remotely approaching the hardballs the GOP field got last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies