Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,832,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How sad for our country that someone so mean spirited and childish could even be in the running, much less have "won" the debate. Seems like 50% of Republicans weren't watching the same debate I was.
Obama is the most mean spirited politician I've seen in my lifetime and republicans in the name of being statesman like was being walked all over. Obama brought the office down to the gutter. It's about time Republicans start getting mean spirited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 AM

15,682 posts, read 10,470,767 times
All three moderators asked excellent questions. The travesty was no candidate had enough time in this debate. The network MUST whittle the pack down to 8 or less next time.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:26 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,832,936 times
I had to laugh when Trump said he bought politicians, Hillary included.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 AM

39,177 posts, read 51,475,081 times
The real loser last night was Fox. Millions who never watch that channel tuned in because of the Trump attraction. What they witnessed was a carefully orchestrated attempt by the moderators to pump up certain candidates and tear down others. The whole affair dripped with bias. Megyn Kelly was the worst, but they all had a hand in the conspiracy. Pretty sad TV.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,397,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The fact remains that the statement was uttered by a presidential candidate.
If mentioning it is inappropriate during a debate, shouldn't it be considered inappropriate in any context?

Seems to me that was Ms Kelly's point.

Have to say, I am fascinated by all of those attacking her for calling Trump out on his well-documented misogyny.
I mean, how dare she remind viewers of his utter boorishness.
How ever will his shining reputation remain intact?

If that was her only beef with Trump she would have likely scored points. It was obvious that her only goal was to make Trump look bad. That's not her job.

77,770 posts, read 105,151,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
FOX and Megyn Kelly were doing what they always do---being bias. The Republicans who are surprised by this just haven't noticed, before, how unbalanced and unfair they really are.
As Stossel would say, "give me a break" of course they showed some bias last night, aren't all news people biased in one way or the other, but I guess for you, being biased to the left is acceptable.

15,682 posts, read 10,470,767 times
Rubio did very well. He was serious and answered questions clearly, offsetting the previous criticism he is too young and inexperienced to be president.

Jeb and Ben did well near the end of the debate, after starting very slowly.

Kasich is the candidate with the most impressive resume and I suspect he did the best, in terms of name recognition, as few voters even knew who he was.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:31 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,004,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I checked it out on Youtube and i can totally say there is no winner.

It was very dull. Moderators were horrible. Discussions were also useless.

It didn't give me a good taste.

Sorry folks.
don't feel sorry, it's your opinion.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the debate as an independent who leans democrat.

For me these would be my winners and my losers. Winners are those who made a positive impression, losers those who dissapointed me

Winners: Kasich, Carson, Paul(I like some of his principles), Rubio

Losers:
The Donald: never fails to dissapoint me with his conspiracy theories
Bush his answers sucked especially the ones about his brothers
Cruz: annoying voice but I give him credit for having a more reasonable illegal immigration plan
Walker: his abortion views are too extreme
Christie I don't like his views about surveillance programs and I hated his bullying tactics
Huckabee was he there?

Old 08-07-2015, 07:31 AM

25,835 posts, read 20,777,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Trump got into a twitter war with Rosie O'Donnel. Someone that most women hate, so what. This was years ago.

People are tired of the politically correct bs and labels. You call him a woman hater? Where is the proof? No Trump just defends himself when he is attacked by trolls.
It's not often I see someone defend a man who called women "dogs" and worse. Nice.

If his behavior is/was so acceptable, why all the hate for Kelly for calling him on it?

Methinks, she touched a bit of a nerve.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:32 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,151,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
A good politician can tell you how to do everything.

A good president can show you how to get things done.

None of these bozos will make a good president and neither will Hillary.

People who can get things done don't seem to run for president.

Our country is really in a rut if these candidates are the best running for office.
TEll us, who do you think should be elected President? Do you have some bright ideas or do you think we should just appoint someone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies