Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:38 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
SNAP, TANF, Mediciad, lifeline, HEAP, CHIP, WIC, SSI/SSDI, EIC, section 8, Pell, etc.
OK. Those are needs based. You do not have to pledge your allegiance to the Democratic party to receive. The only connection I can see is that a D won't cut these in order to give a tax cut to the upper classes. You may not realize it but these programs help all people regardless of political affiliation. Do some research on it if you are so concerned and figure out who is really getting these benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 02:44 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Serious question. What has she said or done that makes want to support her? It seems like the dems just take her side simply because she's a woman and she's running as a democrat.
I'm a liberal and the thought of voting for Hillary Clinton makes me queasy. If she's the nominee, I'll probably just stay home on election day 2016.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:09 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Sir, I am in awe. This is truly deep, thorough, penetrating political analysis.
Considering what I have to work with, it was far too penetrating.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:21 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
When was she indicted for anything? Do you know something.

Regardless, yes, I would vote for her simply b/c she is not an R. Simple as that! She is not my first choices. She leans too right for me. But, she can put Obama on the Supreme Court after the next one retires.
She is being investigated by the FBI!!!!

Two of the emails SHE SUBMITTED show violation of federal law!!!!

She turned in a blank server which was professionally cleaned!!!!!!

If you are a Hillary supporter, you have vacated any semblence of rationality and common sense to support partisan politics. There is obviously NOTHING that a democrat can do that will dissuade you from voting for them- NOTHING!

This is why our nation is doomed.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:05 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
She is being investigated by the FBI!!!!

Two of the emails SHE SUBMITTED show violation of federal law!!!!

She turned in a blank server which was professionally cleaned!!!!!!

If you are a Hillary supporter, you have vacated any semblence of rationality and common sense to support partisan politics. There is obviously NOTHING that a democrat can do that will dissuade you from voting for them- NOTHING!

This is why our nation is doomed.
I didn't ever say I support her but as I've been saying and others have said, YES - it is critical that an R not become President. There is no reason to go into the details b/c I am not going to convince you nor are you going to convince me. Honestly, I'd prefer a third term of Obama over Clinton but that cannot happen. This stuff about servers and whatever is not a concern to me. She can lead our country forward and if there was any wrongdoing then it will come out and she will not be President. Until then, I don't care... Good luck.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:11 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Other than a 75 year old communist, she's all they have.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:10 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Well unlike the republican party, we don't have a million people running lol I'm not a liberal and won't vote for hillary. I'm waiting for biden to enter the race.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:18 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
In all honesty, doesn't Hillary have an excuse for her poor performance as secretary of state?

Foreign nationals almost certainly hacked her less protected email.

How can anyone expect Hillary to perform well in that role when our counterparts are reading all of her emails?

Old 08-14-2015, 08:21 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well unlike the republican party, we don't have a million people running lol I'm not a liberal and won't vote for hillary. I'm waiting for biden to enter the race.
I am waiting for Biden to jump in too.

When he does jump in, you got the first mainstream Democrat in Biden who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:25 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,887 times
Hillary is a conservative but less than the Republicans. Our idiot founding fathers foisted this 2 party system on us and as a result we have an ultra right wing party and a right leaning party with no left party. I'd vote for Hillary in the general election because she'd be less bad than a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies