Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-sex-marriage/

Quote:
Chick-fil-A’s reputation as an opponent of same-sex marriage has imperiled the fast-food chain’s potential return to Denver International Airport, with several City Council members this week passionately questioning a proposed concession agreement.
Since Chick Fil-A is not guilty of 1) discriminating in their hiring practices, and 2) discriminating on whom they serve, I see a very fat lawsuit coming against the city of Denver.

The owners of Chick Fil-A have religious views that include marriage as one man and one woman, but they still are following the law. THIS is a freedom of religion issue. You have a company that follows the law, but also has PERSONAL beliefs which is prohibiting them from getting their lease renewed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-sex-marriage/

Since Chick Fil-A is not guilty of 1) discriminating in their hiring practices, and 2) discriminating on whom they serve, I see a very fat lawsuit coming against the city of Denver.

The owners of Chick Fil-A have religious views that include marriage as one man and one woman, but they still are following the law. THIS is a freedom of religion issue. You have a company that follows the law, but also has PERSONAL beliefs which is prohibiting them from getting their lease renewed.

WHAT? Since when is chick fil a not following hiring process and who they serve. lol.

Its more like because the OWNER of the company was against gay marriage doesnt mean he doesnt follow the basic concepts of running a business. IE go the counter and order a sandwich and he doesnt ask are you gay or straight when applying for a job. lol This is completely a TROLL.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:44 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Thought crimes... Denver better get their heads outta their azzes or I hope chick sues and wins big

Old 08-25-2015, 09:46 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
The punishment for homosexuality in Islam is death. There are no gay pride parades in Muslim countries.

Yet a mosque is set to open in Orlando International Airport.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:25 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Thought crimes... Denver better get their heads outta their azzes or I hope chick sues and wins big
Why can't Chik-Fila simply go somewhere else?

Old 08-25-2015, 11:32 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Why should they?

Old 08-25-2015, 11:33 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Because the airport is out in the boonies miles from town so there is a good opportunity for a business there so it makes perfect sense from CFs standpoint. Punishing someone for their religious beliefs is illegal and the worst kind of bigotry so I hope the do sue.

Having said that, the Denver airport sucks and I try to avoid it.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:45 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Looks like some city council members are writing a big fat check with their mouths courtesy of the taxpayers.

While I do not share Chick F's owners view on gay marriage, using PUBLIC OFFICE as a pulpit for your own views to obstruct their business as a punishment is a monumentally stupid move.

Then again, those city council people are probably bucking for the mayors job or some other political upgrade and by openly stating it they get the publicity even if it costs the city 500k in legal fees and settlements.

I've seen the same thing happen in cities around gun laws. NRA challeges and wins tax payer money so a politician can toot their own horn.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:48 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Looks like some city council members are writing a big fat check with their mouths courtesy of the taxpayers.

While I do not share Chick F's owners view on gay marriage, using PUBLIC OFFICE as a pulpit for your own views to obstruct their business as a punishment is a monumentally stupid move.
This is what I'm saying. With ALLLLL of the religious freedom crap coming out of the religious right, this might actually be a good example.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:55 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Having said that, the Denver airport sucks and I try to avoid it.
Much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies