Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Oh Boy's , In the parts of the Planet with unusually warm Oceans like the Pacific there have been as many as 7 Typhoons, or Hurricanes at once this year. The Philippines has already been hit by 20 tropical storms, Typhoons and Super Typhoons this tear alone. This evening a cat 5 Hurricane probably one of the most powerful on record will destroy the Mexican coast we'll see what's left on Sunday.
But, but, but 'Murica!

Only the most short-sighted neglect to recognize the impact this new storm may have on the U.S. southwest.

But hey, let's continue to play semantic games while lives, etc. are washed away.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:57 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
But, but, but 'Murica!

Only the most short-sighted neglect to recognize the impact this new storm may have on the U.S. southwest.

But hey, let's continue to play semantic games while lives, etc. are washed away.
The short sighted legislators kept diverting money to maintain the levies and dams that failed after Katrina was over. Administration after administration.

The shortsighted mayor of NO and guv of LA were the main contributors to the disaster that was Katrina.

Then there was the shortsighted people who decied to stay put despite warnings to leave, they created their own hell.

But sure it was GWB that was faced with a storm of biblical proportion, the size of which the feds were not prepared to deal with in their disaster modeling.

This storm will probably save lives in Mexico. Consider the daily murder rate is greater than the middle east.

So what if some poster doesn't recognize the storms potential in the southwest US. what difference does it make?

Old 10-23-2015, 11:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The short sighted legislators kept diverting money to maintain the levies and dams that failed after Katrina was over. Administration after administration.

The shortsighted mayor of NO and guv of LA were the main contributors to the disaster that was Katrina.

Then there was the shortsighted people who decied to stay put despite warnings to leave, they created their own hell.

But sure it was GWB that was faced with a storm of biblical proportion, the size of which the feds were not prepared to deal with in their disaster modeling.

This storm will probably save lives in Mexico. Consider the daily murder rate is greater than the middle east.

So what if some poster doesn't recognize the storms potential in the southwest US. what difference does it make?
My point is simply this: just because this hurricane is not going to hit the U.S. directly, doesn't mean that there won't be any impact on the U.S.

Oh, and apologies. Looks like south-central will take a bigger hit than the south-west.

"Over 10 million people in the south-central U.S. face potential flash flooding as a slow-moving storm dumps heavy rain through the weekend — and only intensifies in the wake of Hurricane Patricia, forecasters warn."

Probably the only thing that people will pay attention to:

"Nearly 100 flights were already canceled at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport as of 8 a.m. CT Friday, according to tracking service FlightAware.com."

Hurricane Patricia to Intensify Heavy Rains in Texas, 10M Under Flood Watch - NBC News

Old 10-23-2015, 12:59 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
My point is simply this: just because this hurricane is not going to hit the U.S. directly, doesn't mean that there won't be any impact on the U.S.

Oh, and apologies. Looks like south-central will take a bigger hit than the south-west.

"Over 10 million people in the south-central U.S. face potential flash flooding as a slow-moving storm dumps heavy rain through the weekend — and only intensifies in the wake of Hurricane Patricia, forecasters warn."

Probably the only thing that people will pay attention to:

"Nearly 100 flights were already canceled at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport as of 8 a.m. CT Friday, according to tracking service FlightAware.com."

Hurricane Patricia to Intensify Heavy Rains in Texas, 10M Under Flood Watch - NBC News

200 mph sustained, with gusts of 250. I can't even imaging something that strong, and I survived Andrew.

But...then nothing to see here, hurricanes don't happen anywhere else than the Atlantic, and they don't count unless they hit the US.

Jesus the ignorance.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:08 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Everything else aside, the loss of life in Mexico is likely to be staggering.

I wish them the best. My friend was down there not to long ago and in that area it was just tin roof shanty row upon row for miles. How the heck are those going to stand up in that?

Old 10-23-2015, 01:19 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I wish them the best. My friend was down there not to long ago and in that area it was just tin roof shanty row upon row for miles. How the heck are those going to stand up in that?
I cannot imagine the casualties from 200 mph winds.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:23 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I cannot imagine the casualties from 200 mph winds.

I have only seen around 100 and that can take down oak trees. 200 MPH can pretty much move cars, can't imagine anything standing tree, house, anything.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:52 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
But, but, but 'Murica!

Texans like their rainfall and floods to be big like everything else!

Old 10-27-2015, 10:58 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

A little Mexican luck plus doing smart things like evacuating from areas likely to flood or experience storm surge meant that the storm winds died out in the Sierra Madre Occidental and there was no loss of life.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:45 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Nope. The drought is for hurricanes hitting the continental United States. Nice try though.

The drought continues.
Because the US is the center of the universe when it comes to climate change.

All you have done with this thread is what we call cherry picking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies