Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 05:02 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
someone shared this with me....I thought it was apropos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9HQIxme3bk
Hahaha...it looks that way to an extent. Lol

Old 08-30-2015, 06:03 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
We define people by their self identified race. Race is not as fluid as you are trying to play it up to be. Persons like Rachel Dolezal aside, when someone says she is Black, it's because she has Black ancestry. Maybe in the future, society will fully embrace people like Rachel Dolezal and we'll have a trans-racial movement, but in the meantime, race is something that you inherit.

If I look at the IQs of Blacks and Whites, it doesn't matter that there are some Whites with a little bit of Black ancestry or some Blacks with a lot of White ancestry, we are still just comparing two groups. How do we define race? People define themselves. It's the same way that we are able to have statistics on the race with regards to crime, housing patterns, income, credit ratings, savings rates and so on. This is not something that is difficult to understand, but you are just being willfully obtuse because you don't like the implications of the discussion.
Being a liar, but I told you that I was responding to Dark who said that a majority of black children are inherently inferior cognitively at birth to white children.

You are the one not getting it.

For IQ tests, both the participant and the researcher can and have identified the skin color/race of the individual.

IMO crime statistics are another matter altogether. I won't get into them but will say they have always been inflated in this country to make black people more scary than whites even as whites were domestic terrorists against any persons they deemed as "not white" and their white friends.

I personally could care less about the "discussion." I know what you and Dark are alluding to is...basically a bunch of hogwash. Contrary to what you might think, I am not upset about it I was just trying to get you both to be honest about the fact that you view black people as inferior to you in regards to intelligence.

You have with your refusal to answer the questions I posed and I am comfortable with that. To me, it is important to call people out like you and Dark for what you are - basically new-aged Eugenicist and racists who are seeking to prove you are superior to other people. You are persons who we should be aware of.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:11 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Black adults represent one-quarter of all felony drug arrests in California, despite comprising just 5 percent of the state population.

So my question to black people is why are you doing drugs that make you so friendly that you walk right up to cops and engage them in conversation. I know it's not because you are unfairly targeted.

Blacks making themselves an easy target for police. pffft If easy target means not being able to afford a good attorney then you nailed it.
A felony drug arrest would indicate a very large amount of drugs, those aren't users they are arresting.

Where I live blacks make up about 2% of the population out of 300K in the county, if I want drugs right at this moment the fastest way to get them is to head to the area they live.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:29 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
A felony drug arrest would indicate a very large amount of drugs, those aren't users they are arresting.

Where I live blacks make up about 2% of the population out of 300K in the county, if I want drugs right at this moment the fastest way to get them is to head to the area they live.
Where do you live, and where do they live? Where I live, if I want drugs, I can go to one of the trailer parks where Whites are the majority of the population. Meth all over.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:34 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
In California selling or delivering ANY amount of marijuana is a felony. Cultivation of marijuana of ANY amount is a felony.

California Laws & Penalties

Quote:
Because no self respecting white person would sell it to you?

Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
It appears you jumped into the conversation without taking into consideration the context of which Dark and I were speaking.

He/She stated that... environment, including parenting and chemical environmental factors have no bearing on IQ.
Nope, didn't say that. Environmental factors do play a role along with genes. A child who grows up malnourished or breathing toxic fumes at home could well have brain damage that lowers her IQ. As for parents, no doubt they can stimulate their children's minds by reading and talking with them. But it isn't clear that this carries over much into adulthood. When children grow up and start living on their own, they tend to become the person they are genetically predisposed to being.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
@residinghere

Like many people, you seem to use the terms "skin color" and "race" interchangeably. But if you think about it for a moment, isn't it clear that color is a minor, secondary factor in how we group ourselves? You identify as black, right? But that isn't because you looked in the mirror and decided that your color is black. You identify as part of the "black" group because that's what your parents did, and their parents before them. Being a black person in America is a hereditary thing. It means you have a significant number of ancestors from Africa, and probably some from Europe. A person from India might have the same skin color as you, but they wouldn't identify as black because their ancestry is quite different.

So there is a group of people in America who call themselves "black". We can measure a random sample of this group and find out certain things about it. We might determine that the average height of black American women is 5' 6". But, of course, there is a wide range of heights among these women. Some are over 6', some are under 5'. We can not predict the height of any individual black woman based on the average for the group.

We might measure a sample of Asian American women and find an average height of 5'3". And we could then make the following claims:

- Black women are taller than Asian women on average.
- Black women tend to be tall while Asian women tend to be short.

We could not make any of these claims:

- All black women are taller than Asian women
- All Asian women are shorter than black women
- Shaundra is tall because she's black.
- Suzi is short because she's Asian.
And one more claim we cannot make:

- Black women are taller on average than Asian women, therefore black women are superior to Asian women.

After all, height is just one of many human characteristics and the value we place on it is subjective. To accomplish some specific tasks, greater height may be useful, even necessary. But we cannot judge human beings in their entirety based simply on height.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:09 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
Make more children, avoid spending money, and never vote for another person who speaks against minority or wants war.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
His culture likely involves little more than backward American racial ideology.To look as deeply as you have and discuss the realities of race in other nations is over his head.
Actually, my thinking on race is largely the result of having lived outside of America for a long time. Where I live, few people question the idea that race is real or that there are significant differences among groups. People here find these human differences interesting, like variations in climate or geography. The American notion of harmful stereotypes that must be denied and supressed is baffling to them. And it was my attempt to explain American thinking about this that originally started me on the path away from that mindset.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:08 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibs View Post
It has been said that poverty creates crime. However, whites in rural, trailer park communities have nowhere near the level of violence and crime that blacks and Hispanics in the inner city do. Problems of the inner city are children born out of wedlock and raised in single parent households with absent fathers. Kids raised without fathers are likely to grow up poor, dropout of school, join gangs or sell drugs, go to prison, or become teenage parents. Is there less crime and violence because of a lower percentage of white children born out of wedlock in poor communities? Is it because rural communities are located in the middle of nowhere and sort of isolated?
urban area have much more crime than rural area's what more attempted shaming do you plan on springing on us poor black folks...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies