Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:40 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

It's not the skin colour. There is more violence in urban areas than in rural areas. Urban street gangs rule with violence as they stake their territory and run their drugs and other illegal businesses. White biker gangs can also commit acts of violence.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:04 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Lets start with homicides. In spite of having just 13 percent of the national population, blacks committed 1000 more murders than whites.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc..._race_2013.xls
FYI, FBI murder statistics are arrest and not clearances. Blacks are much more heavily profiled by police and therefore are arrested more on average than other demographics. Also, even in your link there are over 4000 "unknown" race persons who were arrested for murder, so that information proves nothing in regards to blacks and murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You just out foxed yourself rural African American are just as Non - Violent as Rural Trailer Park White Caucasian American are , however URBAN AFRICAN AMERICAN living in poverty are very VIOLENT by nature of their's ENVIORNMENTS .......The Mean Cities Streets.....
I was also going to mention that US urban areas in general are violent compared to rural areas. Black people who live in rural areas do not have the violent crime rates of blacks in urban areas. It is an urban phenomenon and is unique to the culture of that particular urban area IMO. Not all major cities have a lot of violence. Those that do and that have for many generations (like Baltimore) are indicative of an issue in that particular area.

Other cities that used to have higher violent crime rates but that have fallen over the past 30 years have made huge reforms to policing and in deconcentration of poverty along with environmental factors - like lead (which has been linked with the decrease in violent crime world wide) being less of a factor than it used to be shows that the issues faced in these cities are indicative of local problems within those municipalities.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
White biker gangs can also commit acts of violence.
So do eldery Japanese American women, but not at quite the same rate.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:08 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
The worlds most dangerous cities are in Latin America.

One third of the worlds homicides occur in Latin America despite Latin Americans being 8% of the world's population.

Would you overlook this fact when discussing urban crime throughout the U.S. and on a global scale?
Yes....but this was not the case UNTIL DRUGS boomed in the United States and they became the growers and suppliers of US demand, increasing violence in those societies while the drugs were increasing rates of violence in the inner cities. I would say that the biggest increase of violence in the black community was born from drugs. First of wave of Heroin in the 70's...then crack cocaine in the 90'. Actually murder rates in the black community are way down since those eras, notwithstanding all the media hype.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:09 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Don't forget that urban areas are many times more densely populated with human beings than in suburban and rural settings. All those people forced to live together and on top of each other leads to high levels of stress. And that in turn leads to people with anger management issues.

Yes, I do notice that culturally, city black and Hispanic men and women are super concerned with their pecking order ranking and are quick to try to quell any sign of apparent disrespect towards them. And they establish respect by with angry body language and words AND... by refusing to let the other person speak. All that "talk to the hand" crap.

Inner city/urban ghetto culture is a trash culture that should be flushed away down the sewer, not glorified by rap music.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:37 AM

756 posts, read 834,380 times
Angry This Is Not True:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibs View Post
It has been said that poverty creates crime. However, whites in rural, trailer park communities have nowhere near the level of violence and crime that blacks and Hispanics in the inner city do. Problems of the inner city are children born out of wedlock and raised in single parent households with absent fathers. Kids raised without fathers are likely to grow up poor, dropout of school, join gangs or sell drugs, go to prison, or become teenage parents. Is there less crime and violence because of a lower percentage of white children born out of wedlock in poor communities? Is it because rural communities are located in the middle of nowhere and sort of isolated?
This is absolutely not true. And what you describe of the inner city DOES happen in "rural trailer parks". I can't help but find this topic very narrow minded and quite ignorant. It is simply not true. Yes kids without fat hers are more likely to grow up poor etc. (still debatable) but this has nothing to do with urnab or rural areas! The violence by blacks is VERY exaggerated but I guess as far as rural areas are concerned, there is much more drugs than there is violence.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:43 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Lets start with homicides. In spite of having just 13 percent of the national population, blacks committed 1000 more murders than whites.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc..._race_2013.xls
That's a look at total populations. I don't disagree with facts. these are facts.

The OPs question is why are POOR blacks more violent than POOR whites.

There have been no statistics to back up that statement.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:05 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
miu your living in there imagination. There are no "Biker Gangs" anymore so please stop fiddling with that idea. I mean great so what.

Proverty creates crime because people would rather go to jail then pay for cost of living.

Tailor park people do not because they are not targeted. For example in this one town they have all the black people living in mashed up houses. While in another town the people all live in tailor parks. Again people of non-European decent are being target period no matter what.

It has nothing to do with wedlock at all. Or single parent homes. About fathers MIA is not really a problem. It is more like disobedient young adults who vars off into other directions because they are not corrected. Like young adults who verbal insult there parents, do drugs, stay out late, and DO NOT DO HOMEWORK OR STuDY AT ALL. Then there is the too much videogames, too much internet, too much nothingness. No sex on the side, no studying at all. Becoming a teenage parent is not the problem. All of those things above is the problem.

Personally the same thing happens to people no matter what race group at all.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
miu your living in there imagination. There are no "Biker Gangs" anymore so please stop fiddling with that idea. I mean great so what.

Proverty creates crime because people would rather go to jail then pay for cost of living.

Tailor park people do not because they are not targeted. For example in this one town they have all the black people living in mashed up houses. While in another town the people all live in tailor parks. Again people of non-European decent are being target period no matter what.

It has nothing to do with wedlock at all. Or single parent homes. About fathers MIA is not really a problem. It is more like disobedient young adults who vars off into other directions because they are not corrected. Like young adults who verbal insult there parents, do drugs, stay out late, and DO NOT DO HOMEWORK OR STuDY AT ALL. Then there is the too much videogames, too much internet, too much nothingness. No sex on the side, no studying at all. Becoming a teenage parent is not the problem. All of those things above is the problem.

Personally the same thing happens to people no matter what race group at all.
you just gave me whiplash.

I have no idea what you just said.

I am pretty sure I don't agree

Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 AM

I STILL don't see any statistical proof that poor black people are more violent that poor white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies