Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:09 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times

Advertisements

That's what us liberals do... Lol same way conservatives support racists and gun nuts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 02:19 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I actually like this post a lot. No matter what the issue is, on either side, people just get caught up in the election drama. If they were thinking rationally they would know that politicians are just doing what they've always done...saying things that sound nice in order to win.

The politicians know that they can't keep their promises, but they know that if they don't give false hope, someone else will, and that person will win. People hear what they want to hear, and they continue to think "if only this person gets in power we could solve this problem." Its the definition of insanity...but most haven't learned the lesson yet.
I agree... Ultra left right rantings won't work here. I'm liberal .. Fifty acres and a mile sounds awesome to me. Free healthcare sounds great. Giving native Americans reperations and their land sounds great... But I know that ain't happening

Old 08-27-2015, 02:28 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You missed my point. I didn't say indont respect the law. I said it's unenforceable and that rounding up Hispanics and Asians and Muslims and west Indians and Africans is just nutz. ALL of these groups and their supporters would fight back. They are woven into the fabric of this country. Matter of fact I have several folks I know that are Jewish with half hispanic babies with undocumented men. Gonna deport them to? Good luck with that. You are taking a complicated issue and turning it into a three word sentence. "Throw them out". Its not that simple..... And I question the intelligence of anyone who thinks it is.
It's not like they will be put in cattle cars headed to El Paso to be marched across the border. As stated earlier, stop the freebies and enact stiff penalties for employers hiring illegals and the majority will self deport. The rest will be picked up the next time the have an interaction with authorities.

Quote:
That's what us liberals do... Lol same way conservatives support racists and gun nuts
Please give an example. I'm as conservative as they come and I don't support anything racist. Also, what's a gun nut? I've been called on on this very forum but never given a definition. Do I need to reach a specific number in my collection?

Old 08-27-2015, 02:51 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
It's not like they will be put in cattle cars headed to El Paso to be marched across the border. As stated earlier, stop the freebies and enact stiff penalties for employers hiring illegals and the majority will self deport. The rest will be picked up the next time the have an interaction with authorities.

Please give an example. I'm as conservative as they come and I don't support anything racist. Also, what's a gun nut? I've been called on on this very forum but never given a definition. Do I need to reach a specific number in my collection?
To them, a gun-nut is anyone who owns even a single gun and takes care of it. I say get as many as you can.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:53 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
If they come for my neighbors first.... Next they will come for me. So what happens when somebody comes for your neighbors Mexican illegal immigrant wife and kids ? You think he won't defend his wife and children to the death? You think illegals don't join or have family in the military? If they come for them there are plenty in this country that will defend them
So you're a criminal too? That must be why you appear to be a liberal supporter.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:55 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
If you don't support a gun ban you're a gun nut to them. Remember the kind of politicians they support. "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. - Senator Feinstein (D)

Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 PM

259 posts, read 178,881 times
OP, you're assuming most people even paid attention in school. Which is quite a general assumption to make.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Getting rid of the vast majority of illegals would be easy.
1. Jail time for employers who knowingly hire illegals.
2. If you are illegal and get arrested, you get deported.
3. If you go to the hospital as an illegal, after basic treatment, you get deported.
4. End automatic citizenship for babies born here illegally.
5. Cut off all federal funding for sanctuary cities.

Most illegals will self-deport and the other will be removed slowly over time.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Conservatives don't support racists. That's just deflection from the loony far left because their chosen one has such horrible policies and is a bald faced liar. When your policies are failures, bailout your buddies, keep us in never ending wars in the Middle East, manipulate the economy, what else is there to do but play the race card.

bolded for emphasis to what the big government neocon republicans do also

Old 08-27-2015, 03:26 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
OP, you're assuming most people even paid attention in school. Which is quite a general assumption to make.
Couple that with teachers who didn't properly teach civics.

It was only after college that I figured out the federal government followed the rules when outlawing the possession and consumption of alcohol but trampled the Constitution when they outlawed the possession and consumption of drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies