Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 01:32 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
No, I have not …

My wish and hope is that indeed the nations and peoples of the world will act and react with compassion -- rather than disdain and hostility -- toward refugees and immigrants …

Of course, there are always some who think that mercy is for the weak …
But, I do not share that value ...
What we have are thousands of people who are refusing to respect the law in Hungary; refusing to register. They have pushed through police lines, again going against the law in Hungary, and are now walking to Austria. Isn't that great that thousands of people who refuse to abide by the law are entering Europe?

"Hundreds of refugees frustrated at being stuck at two train stations in Hungary set off on foot for Austria on Friday, one group forming a line nearly a half-mile long as they streamed out of Budapest, the other breaking out of a train near a migrant reception centre and then running toward the West after overwhelming police."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/refugee...lice-1.3215706

Old 09-04-2015, 01:33 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What we have are thousands of people who are refusing to respect the law in Hungary; refusing to register. They have pushed through police lines, again going against the law in Hungary, and are now walking to Austria. Isn't that great that thousands of people who refuse to abide by the law are entering Europe?
What are the odds EU nations close their borders in the next year?

Old 09-04-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Something has to be done. What strikes me as odd is that there seems to be such a disproportionate number of men. It's like a Syrian army without the guns.
Attached Thumbnails
Dead Syrian three year old boy picture sparks refugee furor.-syrianrefugees2015.jpg  

Old 09-04-2015, 01:44 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
Quote:
Combined with the Greek economic crises, questions about the health of the "Euro," and now border problems … I don't know if the European Union will continue as it is now …

It was supposed to become something of a "United States of Europe" … but the growing pains right now are pretty bad ...

Old 09-04-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Something has to be done. What strikes me as odd is that there seems to be such a disproportionate number of men. It's like a Syrian army without the guns.
Able bodied men en masse entering a nation. Yup. Thats not an existential threat to Europe.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:48 PM

If many of the refugees are indeed "able bodied men," maybe they can find work and support their families …

Old 09-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Able bodied men en masse entering a nation. Yup. Thats not an existential threat to Europe.
All those Syrian men with their Syrian culture and beliefs are going to be looking for women in Western Europe.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
If many of the refugees are indeed "able bodied men," maybe they can find work and support their families …
Maybe they can go home and seize control of their own countries instead? Women tend not to be existential threats to nations. Men are.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe they can go home and seize control of their own countries instead? Women tend not to be existential threats to nations. Men are.
Huh …

When my Swedish adult male ancestor and his three adult male brothers came to America 120 years ago, they constituted an "existential threat" … ??? Who knew … ??? (Of course one of my great uncles had served in the Swedish Army, so he knew how to use a rifle …)

LOL … How does one spell "xenophobia" … ???

Old 09-04-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Huh …

When my Swedish adult male ancestor and his three adult male brothers came to America 120 years ago, they constituted an "existential threat" … ??? Who knew … ??? (Of course one of my great uncles had served in the Swedish Army, so he knew how to use a rifle …)

LOL … How does one spell "xenophobia" … ???
Hundreds of thousands emigrating in the span of a month is absolutely a threat to the continued cultural reality of Europe.

These are able bodied men, they have an obligation to their people to go home and seize control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies