Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You keep posting this same nonsense over and over. Why? Do you think the more you say it that suddenly it's going to be true? Why don't YOU read the Constitution and find out why the government can't endorse any particular religion. Just for the record; Atheists and non-Christians are trying to stop YOUR religion from being shoved down their throats with these false claims of yours. Lately we've been pretty successful at it. I'm actually impressed at how far we've come! It's funny how Christians like to try and spin this so they're the victims. They're upset because the grip they once had on this country is rapidly fading.
I don't recall having posted this "over and over" again, but people like you keep trying to make your claim that we have "separation of church and state" (your definition of it) over, and over again.

I have read the Constitution, and further, I have taken a Constitution course (Constitution 101 and Constitution 201). I have read the Constitution, and I understand the context of the First Amendment. I know what the Founders intended, because I have also studied American History (back when history was taught).

Have you read and studied the Constitution?

The Founders in no way intended the First Amendment to mean as you "Separationists" interpret it. There is no evidence anywhere that can be found to prove your case.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Roman Catholicism is another false religion, but that's a debate for the Religion forum.
What debate?

You state unconditionally that it's false.

Prove it.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:44 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
Amen!

We have too many of the Godless running our country today, and look at the mess they have made of it.
Why don't you and the other fanatics start your own country. You could name it jesus land, slavery could be legal, stoning or burning people would be legal. And the oppression of women and other undesirable's can finally be gotten rid of like you dream about.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
By the way, the Treaty of Tripoli specifically states the United States was not found as a Christian nation.
Yes, a clear case of appeasement, clear back then. The Muslim were attacking our ships!

But who is arguing that we are a Christian nation? We are arguing whether the police should have bumper stickers affirming our motto, and the meaning of the First Amendment.

And you Separatists are in the minority. Most Americans don't have a problem with it.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The Founders in no way intended the First Amendment to mean as you "Separationists" interpret it. There is no evidence anywhere that can be found to prove your case.
There are many quotes available attributed to the founders that they didn't believe religion should not be part of government.

I've already posted one by Jefferson.

And then there's:Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is none more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory in itself, than this thing called Christianity. Too absurd for belief, too impossible to convince, and too inconsistent for practice, it renders the heart torpid, or produces only atheists and fanatics by Thomas Paine and:

If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution. The primitive Christians thought persecution extremely wrong in the Pagans, but practiced it on one another. The first Protestants of the Church of England blamed persecution in the Romish Church, but practiced it upon the Puritans. They found it wrong in Bishops, but fell into the practice themselves both there (England) and in New England

from Ben Franklin.

What do you have from the founders professing their desire that religion be incorporated into US law and government?

Old 09-07-2015, 11:00 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Yes, a clear case of appeasement, clear back then. The Muslim were attacking our ships!

But who is arguing that we are a Christian nation? We are arguing whether the police should have bumper stickers affirming our motto, and the meaning of the First Amendment.

And you Separatists are in the minority. Most Americans don't have a problem with it.
I'm not American. I just live there 6 months of the year, pay taxes, but can't vote.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Police cars' 'In God We Trust' decals draw complaints about separation of church and state | Fox News

The myth of 'separation' lives on. Why don't these people study the Constitution and find out that there is no "separation" clause anywhere in the Constitution, nor in any of our founding documents?

These are atheists, who want to force their atheism on the rest of us. They are free to practice their 'religion,' but they are not free to force it on me or anyone else.

The facts are that the Founders of this country believed in God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and they wrote in the Constitution that Congress should establish no one denomination as the "official" state church, which the Church of England had been, resulting in the persecution of anyone who did not accept the teachings of the Church of England. This included the "Puritans," who wanted to "purify" the church (why they were called "puritans"), Calvinists (reformers) and others.

The First Amendment was NOT to keep religion out of political life, for it is really an impossible thing to keep ones religion from influencing how one thinks or views the world.

Further, the Northwest Ordinance states in Article 3 "Religion, morality and knowledge, being necessary for good government, and the happiness of mankind, schools and the means of education shall forever be encouraged."

Inform the supreme court that they've been mistaken all these years.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Prove otherwise.
Can you prove, "otherwise?"

Old 09-07-2015, 11:39 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
A man that honestly seeks after God humbly has the better chance in God revealing Himself to him.
But a man full of arrogance and pride, rebellion, and hate is likely only to see God's judgment on that day.
From the time I was very young I saw the damage men made of their lives with out God, it was no great challenge for me to repent of my self govern and seek after God's govern, and that at age 7, invited Jesus Christ into my life .
I have seen many hundreds of lives changed and turned around positively ,whom honestly Gave Jesus Lordship in their life.
I am 65 now, and God is even more involved in my life and every thing that I do .

A man determined to shut his mind off to God can be shown nothing, but that he will disregard even the raising of the dead.
The hatred for morality, because it interferes with ones lifestyle, though it's damaging, the denial does not make it less damaging.
Lies still do damage,
promiscuous sex does damage.
Deception does damage.
It is not going to change God's judgment on unrepentant men even if they conduct them self morally ,but it is best for society as a whole that they do, in the long run.
Had there been no moral code the aides epidemic might have been far worse.
Other venereal diseases would go unchecked.
Forgetting how bad things were in the past is unwise ,animal .
A moral code brings man above that of animals ,and this "IS" the issue you are fighting over, believing men are just animals.
Do you celebrate the people abusing others, being animal like ?
Having reduced your self to that level of existence, you really have no dog in the fight, concerning morality and civilized man holding to a standard above yours.
So why choose to fight against men that are not mere animals?
Choosing to be animal you have no vote among these men at all.
Most men would not reduce them self to that of a mere animal.
Only the atheist does,
along with Satan ,
whether you believe in him or not.
God can however change that ,and make you more than an animal.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Can you prove, "otherwise?"
I don't need to.

I'm not the one claiming the existence of something.

You?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies