Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:22 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And you know this because ... ?
A lot of people dispute it and only Obama himself has the answer and, well, God:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY

I don't care what he is but if he lying, that would be an issue. I just want him GONE!

Going to a Christian church is not what makes one a Christian or not.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because he worships in christian churchs in both DC and Chicago.

This stuff is getting a little old after 6 years, aren't there more important things to discuss.

Have you given up on the birth certificate?
Where does he go to church in DC?

Jeremiah Wright's "church" is not a Christian church. If you were a Christian, you would know that.

One can live in a garage, but that doesn't make on a car. There are a lot of people who attend church who are not Christians.

The "birth certificate" issue is moot, because his mother was an American citizen. It doesn't matter where he was born. I have never been a "birther," though I find it odd that he hasn't been able to produce a certificate to show he was born in Hawaii as he claims. The one that was produced has been proven to be a fake.

As I have said, no Christian would slip up and say, "... my Muslim faith ... " It just isn't possible, and no Christian would make the statement he made at the UN.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
"So what?"

Because Islam is incompatible with the ideas of Liberty and Freedom, and our Constitutional Republic. And that's important.

It would be better to have an atheist as president.
Which is what we have as president.

I don't believe he is Christian, thank G-d. Unfortunately, I believe he recognized that the citizens of this country (i.e. you) are so incompatible with the values that the United States was founded on that he would have to be nominally Christian in order to get the vote. That's a shame.

But as to why he is not a Muslim (other than saying that he's not?):
- he eats pork
- if he prayed toward Mecca even once in any of his educational or professional experiences, we'd know
- he drinks alcohol
- he goes to church (and yes, Rev. Wright's church is still a church)
- most importantly, he says he's not!

It's interesting to me that you pull the No True Scotsman fallacy on Obama's Christianity while doing some Olympic style stretches to call him Muslim. Based on some Christian's definition, I would be Muslim which would certainly shock my Rabbi.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:37 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
If it walks and talks like a duck its a duck...quack quack quack....

Old 09-21-2015, 06:38 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:

Jeremiah Wright's "church" is not a Christian church. If you were a Christian, you would know that.

One can live in a garage, but that doesn't make on a car. There are a lot of people who attend church who are not Christians.

The "birth certificate" issue is moot, because his mother was an American citizen. It doesn't matter where he was born. I have never been a "birther," though I find it odd that he hasn't been able to produce a certificate to show he was born in Hawaii as he claims. The one that was produced has been proven to be a fake.

As I have said, no Christian would slip up and say, "... my Muslim faith ... " It just isn't possible, and no Christian would make the statement he made at the UN.

Then let's apply your standard that that people attending church are not neccessarily christian to everyone.

He attends a number of Baptist and Episcopal churces in DC.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:39 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:

See my post above. You'll see why you are wrong.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:47 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
George Stephanopoulos pressured Trump to explain why he didn't defend Obama, and say that Obama is not a Muslim. How does Stephanopoulos know that?

No Christian would make statements like, "The future must not belong to those who blaspheme (slander) the prophet of Islam."

No Christian would slip up and say, "...my Muslim faith ... "

No Christian would be wearing a Muslim ring.

No Christian would have attended a Muslim private school (and be registered as a Muslim) in Indonesia.

And neither would an atheist make such statements, as they believe there is no God.

Lastly, no real Christian would attend a "church" like that of the so-called "Reverend" Wright, where Jews are hated, and America denounced.

Now, tell me again why you believe Obama is not a Muslim?

Articles: So Is Barack Obama a Muslim or What?
You start a number of your unsupported by fact statements with "No Christian" Just WHO appointed you as the judge of what EVERY Christian in the world thinks? YOU who have branded one of the largest Christian religions, Roman Catholicism, as a 'false' religion. Just WHAT are your qualifications to judge anyone else?

What makes you think Muslim or Christian are the only two choices in the religious world? There are after all more than 5,000 names for god in recorded history.

You can't prove a negative and I don't give a rat's patootie if you think he's a Muslim. But if you're gonna say he is, PROVE IT with facts, not meaningless blather like "No Christian".

Old 09-21-2015, 06:51 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
He doesn't seem to be Muslim, but doesn't seem to be very Christian either. He has certainly not been friendly to Christians in general, and instead appears to be a Muslim sympathizer. The "cling to guns and religion" remark, the "get off your high horse" because of events from centuries ago at the Prayer Breakfast, the Rose Garden ceremony for Bergdahl the traitor's parents, the Muslim Brotherhood issue, not showing up with all the other world leaders in France, letting ISIS run amuck and downplaying it, the sudden interest in children's engineering projects but only for the right kind of kid... and so on.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:54 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
because people are obsessed with his Islamic name. they fixate on something that is non existent to justify their hatred.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

But as to why he is not a Muslim (other than saying that he's not?):
- he eats pork
- if he prayed toward Mecca even once in any of his educational or professional experiences, we'd know
- he drinks alcohol
- he goes to church (and yes, Rev. Wright's church is still a church)
- most importantly, he says he's not!
Your kidding right? He lies every time he moves his lips and you say "most importantly, he says he's not". Both he and Hillary are two of the same, liars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies