Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 10:21 AM

5,357 posts, read 5,134,067 times

Advertisements

I just found this state in Russia on Wikipedia and I was fascinated. It was formed as an autonomous region where Jews could live and govern how they wanted to, it was the USSR's answer to where the Jews could truly do their own thing. They could have built their own deal and not have displaced anyone. The climate is a bit harsh, but it's no tundra and the land size is much larger than modern day Israel and it's all arable. If they would have sunk the same effort and investment into this region of the world, the payoffs would have been much better than what they got investing in Palestine.

But somehow it never took off. There were several thousand that moved there, and then more and more moved away as time went on and now there's barely any left in the state.

Seriously? Why did the Jews choose to move to a place that would cause soooo much turmoil when this option was available? And it sounds like this region of Russia really is pretty autonomous, it's not like they would have been full out USSR subjects...

Maybe I'm missing something, but reading this made me less compassionate for the Jews as they rejected a viable option in favor of Palestine.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:23 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Because no one in their right mind wanted to live under Stalinism.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Because no one in their right mind wanted to live under Stalinism.
Yeah, but it sounds like the deal was that Stalin does his thing and they can do their own thing over their. And Stalin's dead and gone now as is the USSR, so that no longer holds. They could be moving their now but they are not.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:39 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Don't let anyone fool you. Jews want All of Israel, all the West Bank and Jerusalem will be their Capital. They will never allow a Palestinian State or Jerusalem to be an open City. They won't admit it, but that is their national agenda.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I just found this state in Russia on Wikipedia and I was fascinated. It was formed as an autonomous region where Jews could live and govern how they wanted to, it was the USSR's answer to where the Jews could truly do their own thing. They could have built their own deal and not have displaced anyone. The climate is a bit harsh, but it's no tundra and the land size is much larger than modern day Israel and it's all arable. If they would have sunk the same effort and investment into this region of the world, the payoffs would have been much better than what they got investing in Palestine.

But somehow it never took off. There were several thousand that moved there, and then more and more moved away as time went on and now there's barely any left in the state.

Seriously? Why did the Jews choose to move to a place that would cause soooo much turmoil when this option was available? And it sounds like this region of Russia really is pretty autonomous, it's not like they would have been full out USSR subjects...

Maybe I'm missing something, but reading this made me less compassionate for the Jews as they rejected a viable option in favor of Palestine.
Did you read the article? Pretty much explains why it happened. It's very interesting, it does put a lot of past history together, giving an understanding of Stalin's plan.

Two other places were.....Madagascar and Argentina......does make one wonder why in the middle of everyone that hates them.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:48 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post

Because Judaism originated in Judea not in far east Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

Old 09-21-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Did you read the article? Pretty much explains why it happened. It's very interesting, it does put a lot of past history together, giving an understanding of Stalin's plan.

Two other places were.....Madagascar and Argentina......does make one wonder why in the middle of everyone that hates them.
It sounded like he just wanted to get rid of them and put them in the corner. I can understand their motivation to get the heck out of their then. But Stalin died after 1953 and after that, the population began to decline, not increase. He seems to have been the main threat. And after 1991, events in Palestine have not gotten any better while the situation in the Jewish Autonomous Oblast has improved. So why do they choose to still stay in Palestine and not move now?

Old 09-21-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Because Judaism originated in Judea not in far east Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast
So? They moved homelands once back in the Bible, could they not do it again?

Old 09-21-2015, 11:13 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
LOL!

riiiiight....

so Stalin says "hey jews all of you identify yourselves, move right here and have a great life!"

and the jews think "Hey that's a great idea!

my bet is they all heard "hey jews come here and get together so it will be easier to round you all up and exterminate you"

Old 09-21-2015, 11:30 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
great, another thread about Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies