Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Smarter than we were, aren't they?
They act out of their own interests. We don't. It's not rocket science, except to the lawyers who run our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 04:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Too many "littles" in that post. The airstrike Putin laid on our allies today wasn't little, though...
Well Putin is 5'7", at 6' I would be looking down on that little guy. And an airstrike you say, well that sounds like he is overcompensating for more than just his height.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:45 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
Quote:
At least Putin IS a man...unlike our rainbow warrior.
Yeah, a real manly president would commit to a shootin' war with Russia over a piece of real estate that is essentially worthless to us.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well Putin is 5'7", at 6' I would be looking down on that little guy. And an airstrike you say, well that sounds like he is overcompensating for more than just his height.
Ask the Syrians.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:47 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your argument was that the presidents comment didnt make sense. but you believe keeping a man in power who started a civil war does, Do you beleive the people are just going to fall back in line behind him ?

No, it would not. Proxy wars are fought all the time and we have done it multiple times with Russia without over going to war with them.
Are you seriously advocating for the United States to get into another proxie war with Russia over Syria? Assad is bad, but no worse than any other dictator in the Middle East. I don't want my son to go fight for Syria to get rid of Assad and leave the door open for an extremist government. I say we let Russia worry about ISIS. I'm not interested in sending troops to yet another Middle East country. We've already been in Afghanistan fighting for over a decade with NOTHING to show for it. The Taliban will be in power again the minute we leave, and our allies are scumbag child rapists who have no problem killing their own children if they feel their family has been dishonored. Let the Middle East go up in flames. Just keep those a-holes from claiming asylum in this country when the whole country inevitably falls apart when we leave.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, a real manly president would commit to a shootin' war with Russia over a piece of real estate that is essentially worthless to us.
No, a real manly President would have a congruent foreign policy to preclude such wars. Instead, he concentrates on inanities like women in combat.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Are you seriously advocating for the United States to get into another proxie war with Russia over Syria? Assad is bad, but no worse than any other dictator in the Middle East. I don't want my son to go fight for Syria to get rid of Assad and leave the door open for an extremist government. I say we let Russia worry about ISIS. I'm not interested in sending troops to yet another Middle East country. We've already been in Afghanistan fighting for over a decade with NOTHING to show for it. The Taliban will be in power again the minute we leave, and our allies are scumbag child rapists who have no problem killing their own children if they feel their family has been dishonored. Let the Middle East go up in flames. Just keep those a-holes from claiming asylum in this country when the whole country inevitably falls apart when we leave.
There is much truth in your post. But your concluding sentence is pure fantasy. They're coming, all right. And they hate our guts.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:51 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
Quote:
No, a real manly President would have a congruent foreign policy to preclude such wars.
I like that phrase. Give me a few examples, please.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I like that phrase. Give me a few examples, please.
Do your own analysis of foreign policy. I don't work for you.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:02 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Ask the Syrians.
Ask the Syrians how short Putin is or how small his member is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies