Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 03:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Getting gunned down by mentally unstable gun owners is also an infringement--on a person's right to live. I'd say that's a pretty basic right, wouldn't you? But that's okay with you, as long as we don't inconvenience those mentally unstable gun owners in any way. Because their right to own a gun supersedes my right to continue to live.
i dont want mentally defective people having firearms, but dont take away my right to protect myself at the same time. if someone who is mentally defective does get their hands on a gun, i want to at least have the opportunity to defend myself if they decide to shoot up a movie theater, or shopping mall, or what ever.

granted i may lose the fight, that happens, but at least i stood a chance.

Quote:
The bottom line is, you don't truly care about mentally ill people having easy access to guns. They are just your fall back excuse whenever one of these mass shootings happens. "Gee, if only we could stop mentally ill people from getting guns, none of this would happen!! But alas, we can't do that....<heavy sigh>"
rubbish, i do care, but i also care about the rights of others as well. we cannot make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to get firearms just because a few mental defectives manage to get their hands on a firearm as well, usually through ILLEGAL means. and since that is the case, how are you going to stop those that get their firearms ILLEGALLY?

you are addressing the issue from the wrong end.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:12 PM

11,149 posts, read 10,726,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
19 Years After Passing Strict Gun Control Laws, Here's What Happened in Australia - Mic

It has worked well in Australia, let's do the same in America. It seems like conservatives do not mind regular mass shootings taking place in this country as it has happened.
Why do people keep trying to compare the United States to countries which we have nothing in common with? Is it ignorance or troll posting? Hard to tell...

Australia has no shared borders, strict immigration policies, little cultural diversity, and a population less than that of Texas. Trying to point to Australia as a model for American policy is idiocy.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:35 PM

358 posts, read 283,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's similar to the way the Islamic religion is not the problem. Instead, crazy Muslims are the problem.
No, those crazy Muslims follows Muhammad and the Quran.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:44 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,833,029 times
Quote:
19 Years After Passing Strict Gun Control Laws, Here's What Happened in Australia - Mic

It has worked well in Australia, let's do the same in America. It seems like conservatives do not mind regular mass shootings taking place in this country as it has happened.
I think everybody "minds" the mass shootings. Its just the liberals who try to do strict gun laws that will only make things inconvenient for law abiding citizens while criminals still get guns either way.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:08 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,813,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I know, let's divide the country into two parts, one for gun owners, where they can shoot at each other to their heart's content, and one for people who hate guns and where guns would not be tolerated. We need to create a safe place of non-violence for people who would agree to a strict weapons ban. If there were a state that banned all guns I would move there. I do not feel safe in this country because of gun violence and crazy people addicted to lethal weapons. My opinion is that anyone who would shoot a gun is inherently sick, unless they are at war and have orders to do it. If you need to hunt for food, guns are cheating, too easy, you are a wimp. I want to stay as far away from gun-toting sickos as I can. And anyone who owns a gun is a coward in my book. The more guns you own the more of a coward you are.

Interesting idea...which side do you think criminals will prey on?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:53 PM

22,667 posts, read 24,639,634 times
Do it, Do it......put major restrictions of gunnnzzz!

I can just see the THOUSANDS of gunnnzzz coming into Murrrkkka, from south of the border, each and every day.

And yeah, there would be a huge increase in otherwise peaceful and non-violent folks going to prisons for violating these new restrictions..............brilliant!

Last edited by tickyul; 10-04-2015 at 05:11 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 05:05 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,768,953 times
Quote:

The murder rate in the USA has been dropping for 25 years and is now half of the 1980 rate. So selling more and more guns obviously has worked in the USA.

BTW, correlation does not mean causation.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:16 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,153,367 times
According to a friend who has lived in Australia most of his life, after the gun laws were passed, gangs took over running the streets in the cities, just like they do in the UK.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,428,987 times
All that Soros / Bloomberg money has the new posters working overtime.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:24 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,628,882 times
Violent crime in Australia was going down before the law was passed. Australia has always had low violent crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies