Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, if ya'll want to give this mother a pass - as well as Lanza's mother - go right ahead.

I'm speaking specifically of the two MASS MURDERS.

Lanza was clearly deeply disturbed and what does Momma do? Well, take him to the gun range, of course. How about some inpatient counseling? Outpatient? Anything but free access to guns?

Same with the latest KILLING. Face it, these two boys/men had mental issues AND they were given access to guns by their family.

Am I the only one that sees a problem?

The family is the VERY last line of defense here and they failed. Their children are mass murderers. They did nothing but encourage their interest in guns; isolated and alone - they took their anger out on innocents.

Hell, yes, if that was my kid I sure as hell would feel liked I FAILED as a parent.
Who here said to give her a pass?

I think they should investigate and see if there is reason to charge her under depraved indifference laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 11:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
So?

Old 10-06-2015, 11:07 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,019 times
If the mother has Asperger's syndrome she is probably going to think society is the problem and not her son, just saying.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:12 AM

927 posts, read 759,117 times
Its the culture down there. Everyone has a gun. They think "None of those yahoos should have a gun. But its ok for me to have a gun. It makes me feel secure and I can stop an argument and I won't get taken advantage of anymore. By these fast talking Carpetbaggers." It was a very rural ranching farming area. Lots of backwoods. Hillbillies. Then it exploded with Californians moving in. This is what I got into trouble for and got flagged and told "You can't troll anymore." But like I said you could see there was going to be a problem and I bet it was going to happen at a school. I guessed a high schooler who was rejected by Los Angeles type girls.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:12 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I heard on the radio that Mercer's manifesto contained how he didn't have a girlfriend. Similar sentiments were made from the Santa Barbara shooter a couple years back.
May be a good reason to legalize prostitution and open Brothels.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:16 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"Mother of shooter was a gun enthusiast who railed against gun control"

The dad somehow got a sexual harassment case against him dropped too. The whole family is problematic. Are they even citizens? If so, did we even do a background check on them?

Old 10-06-2015, 03:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
A car isn't going to be able to crash into a school and discriminately kill innocent people based on their religion.

No, but surely a church or mosque has enough religion written all over it, to plow through the doors of the chapel during mass....

Old 10-06-2015, 03:40 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Still holds true!

Old 10-06-2015, 07:01 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
She's been in a media quarantine of sorts. Not seen, not heard, only second hand information others say about her. So I doubt we can really believe what she's supposed to have said since there's nobody to verify it. This is a weird case. Very weirdly handled by the media.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:06 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Does not appear this shooter had ever been employed.

Where would he get the funding to buy guns, legally or otherwise?
>>>> I've wondered about that, too. Who supported him and his mom. Guns are expensive. The dad remains something of a mystery, too. The media needs to step up and stop hiding these people and start doing some delving in to their backgrounds. I'm sure concerned citizens are already connecting the dots on their own but that's the media and governments job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies