Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,507,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I already pay this; it's called "income tax".

Part of the benefit of privilege is in the form of cost savings or risk reduction, and hence represents untaxed privilege.

Male privilege allows you to walk around at night while enjoying considerably lower risk of robbery, assault, and rape. (This might be offset by higher risk when walking around, say, a gay district.)

White privilege often allows you to live in better housing and better neighborhoods, which reduces your risk of various hazards and often affords you lower insurance costs (e.g. auto, homeowner).

The above are examples of untaxed privilege; there is no tax on the money you avoid spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 12:24 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,518,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Part of the benefit of privilege is in the form of cost savings or risk reduction, and hence represents untaxed privilege.

Male privilege allows you to walk around at night while enjoying considerably lower risk of robbery, assault, and rape. (This might be offset by higher risk when walking around, say, a gay district.)

White privilege often allows you to live in better housing and better neighborhoods, which reduces your risk of various hazards and often affords you lower insurance costs (e.g. auto, homeowner).

The above are examples of untaxed privilege; there is no tax on the money you avoid spending.
Actually gay neighbourhoods tend to be safer than average. Gays tend to be affluent and areas gentrify.

Generally, not all the time, I'm sure but the "gay areas" I've seen or passed by in some big cities tend to be clean and safe.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:34 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
I don't want to see a "white privilege tax" but I do wan t to see a change in the tax code so retained earnings cannot buy legal privilege.

I propose a tax on all income from all sources, including illegal, with a single deduction set at the 90th percentile. That way the top 10% of the people that own 90% of the wealth will pay for the government that protects their wealth with their own money. The bottom 90% of us would enjoy our raise in income and spend or save it as we wish.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:46 PM

78,616 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
So? It's her supporters, not her. I think she also has a "Sex Workers for Hillary" branch. Better that then Exxon, Walmart and NRA supporters.
She has walmart and exxon supporters.....and goldman sachs....but don't worry at least the NRA doesn't like her.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:03 PM

451 posts, read 466,924 times
I think liberals should be taxed for hoarding all the cool old school buildings at my university and forcing us STEM students to study in the ugly 1977 looking buildings on the dead side of campus. Not to mention they elect Democrats who drive up urban property costs with their high tax policies, thus forcing Engineering companies to relocate their factories to the exurbs where it's boring, there's no attractive girls, and there's nothing to do. Liberals have been obstructionists to my social life. They should be taxed to fund my 6 month trip to Mexico, so I can experience cool cities, cool architecture, and meet some hot women.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:05 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,385,905 times
Stupid isn't it. Hill-dog is sooooo desperate she is going to play the feminist card. How exciting. Are you really that stupid. She is trying to mimic Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies