Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:28 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times

Advertisements

I hope everyone is getting prepared ...

Next financial crash is coming – and before we've fixed flaws from last one

That is the message from the International Monetary Fund’s latest Global Financial Stability report, which will make sobering reading for the finance ministers and central bankers gathered in Lima, Peru, for its annual meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 01:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I hope everyone is getting prepared ...

Next financial crash is coming – and before we've fixed flaws from last one

That is the message from the International Monetary Fund’s latest Global Financial Stability report, which will make sobering reading for the finance ministers and central bankers gathered in Lima, Peru, for its annual meeting.
Yep... I'm shorting the market fairly heavily at the moment. When the market rises because it believes the FED will raise rates, only to jump when the FED fails to... you know things are wonky!

All we need is to have retail investors bail for a couple of days and all those HFT's will start bailing as well, and it'll roll the market.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
IMF announced Tuesday it was downgrading its forecast for GLOBAL growth in 2015 which would mark the weakest performance since the downturn in 2009.

6 years after the World emerged from its broadest and deepest recession a return to robust and synchronized growth for GLOBAL expansion remains elusive.

There was a GLOBAL housing bubble that drove GLOBAL economies followed by a GLOBAL recession.

There is always a financial crisis, somewhere.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Do you actually believe we emerged from the recession, or just papered (literally) over it?

You can sweep dust under a rug and the room will appear to be clean.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:52 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
We never emerged from recession. Just saying it doesn't make it true. Who noticed a difference? Shouldn't we have noticed a difference if it ended? What they do is lie to try to build confidence in the economy.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:00 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times
I actually agree with Bernanke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/bu...very.html?_r=0

Congress didn't do it's part.

Can you believe this??

30 years no tax reform, no immigration, no education, no infrastructure investment.

FED can not make miracles.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Do you actually believe we emerged from the recession, or just papered (literally) over it?

You can sweep dust under a rug and the room will appear to be clean.
Recessions end when metrics cease getting worse.

There were 3 recessions in the 50's and 20% of the people lived in dire poverty. Likely they did not realize the Great Depression had ended.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:09 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
$3 trillion corporate credit crunch looms as debtors face day of reckoning, says IMF - Telegraph

Another analysis from the IMF. I was thinking how truly scary it is when I think of the number of people who truly believe(d) that we had recovered from the recession. In reality the fed masked the problem by providing free money. This free money has sovereign countries deeply deeply in debt. Hussien is spending money we don't have and creating debt we will never be able to pay off. Stop for a minute and think about what would happen right now if interest rates were say 4%.. Imagine how much interest Hussien would be paying on debt?

I've said it since around 2010. This house of cards Hussein created is going to collapse. When it does it's going to be ugly. The Fed and World Banks have nothing left to prop it up when it goes. The irony is he will be making 500k speeches while the voters who put him in office will suffer.

I've been around for a while and I've really admired some presidents, supported ones I wasn't to thrilled with and even supported Carter and Clinton in some cases. But, it comes as no surprise to anyone here how much I despise Hussein. I can't even look at his face or hear him speak without having to remove myself from the situation. The reason has nothing to do his with age, race, religion or sexual preferences. It has everything to do with what he has done to our country. The damage he has caused, that which we have felt or will eventually feel, will be irreparable in my or my children's lifetime.

I firmly believe history will paint him for what he was and not what very very few of his supporters that are left believe. That is, a complete and unmitigated disaster that came about based in votes by Americans who voted solely on the color of ones skin.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:13 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Recessions end when metrics cease getting worse.

There were 3 recessions in the 50's and 20% of the people lived in dire poverty. Likely they did not realize the Great Depression had ended.
No, recessions end when things start getting better.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:46 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
$3 trillion corporate credit crunch looms as debtors face day of reckoning, says IMF - Telegraph

Another analysis from the IMF. I was thinking how truly scary it is when I think of the number of people who truly believe(d) that we had recovered from the recession. In reality the fed masked the problem by providing free money. This free money has sovereign countries deeply deeply in debt. Hussien is spending money we don't have and creating debt we will never be able to pay off. Stop for a minute and think about what would happen right now if interest rates were say 4%.. Imagine how much interest Hussien would be paying on debt?

I've said it since around 2010. This house of cards Hussein created is going to collapse. When it does it's going to be ugly. The Fed and World Banks have nothing left to prop it up when it goes. The irony is he will be making 500k speeches while the voters who put him in office will suffer.

I've been around for a while and I've really admired some presidents, supported ones I wasn't to thrilled with and even supported Carter and Clinton in some cases. But, it comes as no surprise to anyone here how much I despise Hussein. I can't even look at his face or hear him speak without having to remove myself from the situation. The reason has nothing to do his with age, race, religion or sexual preferences. It has everything to do with what he has done to our country. The damage he has caused, that which we have felt or will eventually feel, will be irreparable in my or my children's lifetime.

I firmly believe history will paint him for what he was and not what very very few of his supporters that are left believe. That is, a complete and unmitigated disaster that came about based in votes by Americans who voted solely on the color of ones skin.
While I agree with you on many points I will say the perpetrator goes beyond Obama. Yes, Obama is on the hook for the treasonous actions under his Presidency ... the truth is he is just the current perpetrator ... you can include several other previous Presidents. You can also include leaders (current and previous) from other countries because they are going through the same scenario. Reality is it's a global orchestrated economic collapse that is well under way and the leaders of participating countries are just doing what they are told to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies