Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2015, 11:30 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times

Advertisements

These anti vaccination people are reckless. If you don't care about yourself fine, but why put other people at risk?

Old 10-24-2015, 03:02 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It spreads from vaccinated people. That was my point.
Please tell us how the vaccine for smallpox spreads smallpox when there is no smallpox virus in the vaccine.

Quote:
The government doesn't mandate a physical exam. The school requires it so like school supplies, I have to pay for that.
If it is a public school, it is the government mandating the exam.

Quote:
Go sit in your car right now and put your seat belt on. Then take it off. Then put it on again. Did you get injured? I had a cousin who was injured in an accident to the point where she had to learn to walk, speak, eat... all over again. The doctor said it was caused by the seat belt. Had it not been for the seat belt, she would have been thrown from the car (through the windshield) with broken bones or death. The risk of injury is not FROM the seat belt as you can see when you repeatedly use it in your non moving car. The risk is from the accident you get into. No accident... No injury.
But we do not normally sit in our non-moving cars with the seat belt on. We use the safety features of the car while it is in motion. Any time we are in our vehicles there is a risk of being in an accident and incurring an injury from one of the safety features of the vehicle. Actually, you could be stopped at a traffic light and be hit by another vehicle. It was the seat belt that hurt your friend.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...k%20definition

"risk

noun
a situation involving exposure to danger."

You are exposed to more danger from not being vaccinated than you are from taking the vaccine.

Quote:
"vanishingly small" - first, I don't think "vanishingly" is even a word. second, it's like you think that those injured just vanish because you refuse to even listen to their stories while you will listen to the stories of people who were deathly ill (yet recovered) with these childhood illnesses (which is why you advocate vaccinations in the first place). This isn't just an arm hurting at the injection site. They are damaged for life. But I guess they were nice enough to take one for society so let society pay for their medical care for the rest of their lives and just ignore them. Makes sense.
https://www.google.com/search?q=vani..._sm=0&ie=UTF-8

"van·ish·ing·ly
ˈ
adverb
in such a manner or to such a degree as almost to become invisible, nonexistent, or negligible.
'an event of vanishingly small probability'"

No one refuses to listen to the stories of those who are truly injured by vaccines. There are just, thankfully, very few of them. There are far, far more who would be injured by vaccine preventable diseases than by the vaccines that prevent them.

What I do not listen to are the stories of parents who believe that anything bad that happens to their children must be due to vaccines, including those who stubbornly hold onto the idea that vaccines cause autism

Quote:
Where there is risk there should be choice when it comes to medical procedures.
No one will make you vaccinate your child. He just will not be able to go to public school in some states.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:45 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Katjonjj, you need to check your facts on car seats and airbags. Babies have been killed in car seats and air bags have killed people in accidents. And I knew someone who would risk a ticket instead of wearing a seat belt because she was in an accident once and was thrown over to the side of the car. Her story is if she were wearing her seat belt, she wouldn't have been thrown over and she would have died, since that side of her car was smashed in. Her story is valid, but her argument is false. She's far more likely to die in the next accident she has if she isn't wearing her seat belts.

Same with vaccinations. Some children have reactions to the vaccines. You don't want to have to vaccinate because you think you'll have a reaction and for sure, if you don't vaccinate, you won't have any reaction. But you're far more likely to get a disease if you aren't vaccinated and having gotten that disease, you run a real risk of something more serious happening to you. Your story is valid, but your argument is false.

You're playing a betting game with not getting yourself and your children vaccinated. Keep playing if you like. Haven't you heard? The house always wins. I'd take that to heart, if I were you.

Let me ask you this: if you're so sure you won't get sick and your immune system is so strong, why should it matter to you whether or not restaurant workers wash their hands after they use the bathroom? According to what you and Jo say, if you are exposed to fecal matter often enough, you should have built up an immunity to it. So nobody in this country should ever have to wash their hands. Are you comfortable with that?

Old 10-25-2015, 01:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Exclamation *

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57
These anti vaccination people are reckless. If you don't care about yourself fine, but why put other people at risk?
This stuff WOULD NOT SPREAD AS MUCH if not for ppl getting LIVE VIRUS injected into them!!

WHY DO YOU PPL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS??? WHY CANT WE BREAK THRU YOUR PROGRAMMING?? (You have been lied to)

WE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU!!

Old 10-25-2015, 01:55 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
This stuff WOULD NOT SPREAD AS MUCH if not for ppl getting LIVE VIRUS injected into them!!

WHY DO YOU PPL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS??? WHY CANT WE BREAK THRU YOUR PROGRAMMING?? (You have been lied to)

We're just stupid that way. We peruse (look it up) peer reviewed journals (look it up) published by actual scientists rather than listen to random PPL (!) on the internet who would rather get their information from some celebrity du jour (look it up).

Old 10-25-2015, 03:26 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
We're just stupid that way. We peruse (look it up) peer reviewed journals (look it up) published by actual scientists rather than listen to random PPL (!) on the internet who would rather get their information from some celebrity du jour (look it up).
Some people are more susceptible to propaganda.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:21 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Measles Herd Immunity Won't Hold as Vaccinations Drop

This is what happens when you've lost the trust of the public.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:19 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:

Let me use an analogy. Perhaps, you can identify with this. In school, as a ten year old child, I learned that the Earth is round. I am shown satellite images that verify this. The whole concept of the Earth rotating on its axis is explained to me and it is a good and consistent explanation of why we have sunrise and sunset. One day, my family takes me on a vacation. I get on an ocean liner and I sail a long distance. The ocean liner does not sail off the face of the Earth which it would do it if the earth was flat. I also look at the horizon and I watch as objects that are a great distance from me seem to disappear. This is consistent with the idea of "line of sight" and would only occur if the earth was round and gradually curved.

One day someone that has read a fairy tale comes into my fifth grade classroom and announces he read a fairy tale that says the Earth is flat. When asked for proof, he does nothing, but continue to repeat that the Earth is flat. When other students attempt to show him satellite imagery of the Earth, he claims that the pictures are a "hoax". Other students ask him for proof of his assertions. He runs out of the classroom. Infrequently, this same student reappears and interrupts everyone continuing to announce that "the Earth is flat".

No one else takes the student seriously because not only is what he saying against conventional wisdom, but he has no proof to offer. Not only this, but those saying that the Earth is round have offered us abundant proof.

I think you can understand my point.

Last edited by markg91359; 10-25-2015 at 09:01 AM..

Old 10-25-2015, 06:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Doctors flay govt's apathy toward vaccines
First world people should definitely see this. It discusses measles in Africa (Nigeria).

Old 10-25-2015, 06:57 PM

273 posts, read 240,916 times
I had measles when I was 3 AFTER I had the vaccination. When I went to have my first baby my blood shows as never developing immunity to the vaccine. They gave me a booster shot and I still show no immunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies