Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They actually found proof in Watergate, it was over in a around a year, going into year 4 of the Benghazi investigations.
This might have been over sooner if the administration had been forthcoming with requested information, but instead, the administration has stonewalled the committee since the beginning.
Largely from the aggressive work of government watchdog Judicial Watch, it is now known that the Clinton State Department withheld thousands of documents from investigators, among them hundreds of classified messages, many of them Benghazi-related. According to a letter from committee chairman Trey Gowdy (R., S.C.) to ranking member Elijah Cummings (D., Md.), the committee is preparing to release hundreds of e-mails showing that longtime Clinton confidante Sidney Blumenthal was pushing U.S. intervention in Libya to forward his own private business interests, and that he supplied Clinton with the name of a CIA source — classified information for sure — which she then forwarded to an underling. For a former official who has spent the last three years withholding this sort of sensitive information from investigators to then claim that those investigations showed no wrongdoing is rich, even for a Clinton.

Read more at: Benghazi House Committee & Government Accountability | National Review Online

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 10-12-2015 at 08:04 AM..

Old 10-12-2015, 07:44 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
For Benghazi Investigation to Conclude, All the Evidence Needs to be Presented
May 1, 2015|Speaker Boehner's Press Office

In order for Americans to know the truth about what happened in Benghazi, all the evidence needs to be presented.

And yet, more than two years later, new information – like the existence of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email system and server – and new documents are just now being revealed:

The House committee investigating the fatal attacks in Benghazi, Libya announced Thursday that it had received 4,000 pages of new documents from the State Department.

Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said he received the documents and notes from the State Department Benghazi Accountability Review Board, which was created by the department after the attacks to examine the administration’s response.

It is the first time ARB documents have been turned over to Congress. The documents have not been reviewed by the other groups that investigated the 2012 attacks.

“The Benghazi Committee continues to build the most comprehensive and complete record on what happened before, during and after the Benghazi terrorist attacks,” Gowdy said. “Contrary to those who said all had been asked and answered, the Benghazi Committee has shown there is more still for Congress to consider. The committee will provide the final, definitive accounting of what happened with regards to Benghazi, reaching conclusions based solely on facts.”

The committee has received thousands of pages from the State Department and the Obama administration on its response to the attacks but is still waiting for additional documents and records requested or subpoenaed.

One of those requests is that the personal server former Secretary Clinton used to conduct official business be turned over for independent analysis. Her lawyers say the server is staying in her possession and her emails have all been deleted, but Speaker Boehner has continued to demand that a neutral third party be allowed to examine the server:

"They deleted all the Lois Lerner emails, but they keep finding them," Boehner told a group of conservative journalists Thursday afternoon. "You know, these things just don't go away. So I don't know where the server is, I don't know what condition it's in, I have no idea, but the American people deserve the facts. That's all. Just tell us what the facts are."

Boehner does not want the House itself to search Clinton's email system. "We have no interest in physically having the server," he explained. "We think the Inspector General at the State Department is the right entity to look at the server, determine what's private, what's public and what's mixed. They've got the ability to do that. … I just frankly think a third party is in a much better position to make this call than [the House of Representatives itself]."

Whatever happens, Boehner appears in no mood to back down on Benghazi. "[Hillary Clinton] doesn't have the right to decide what's public and what's private," he said. "The secretary can't continue to hide the truth from the American people."

The fact that documents requested years ago are just now being turned over is proof that President Obama and former Secretary Clinton have obstructed and delayed the Benghazi investigation. Why?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
McCarthy is not even on the committee. What he says is nothing but a personal opinion and he did not even say it was a witch hunt.

I can't wait until Hillary is grilled by Trey Gowdy and she starts trying to use this defense as a reason not to answer questions. She will look like a loon.

Gowdy: "Mrs Clinton, where were you on the night of the Bengazi attack?"

Hillary: "Why do you care? It's none of your business what I do after work. I don't need to answer because you just want to keep me from being president."

Gowdy: "Mrs Clinton, do you think the murdered ambassador and others give a rat's a** if you want to become president?"

Hillary: "You can't talk to me like that!!! Don't you know who I am????"

Gowdy: "You ma'm are nothing but a "glorified housewife" living on your husband's name."
I can only WISH that Trey Gowdy would come out with a comment like that.

The bottom line is that neither side better be too theatrical or overplay their hand OR public sentiment will easily switch. Right now, it's playing into Hillary's hands BUT if she overplays - could go right back to Gowdy.

However, if Gowdy is disrespectful and accusatory (now that we know this is a bona fide witch hunt) then the whole investigative house of cards could c ome down.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's like a Mastercard commerical...

Phoney Bill Clinton Investigation: $75 million
Phoney Hillary Clinton Investigation: $4.5 million
Trying to make sure Hilliary doesn't make it to the White House: Priceless
What's the price of 4 dead Americans?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:06 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I wonder why they ignored the facts? Unless it didn't come to light until after 2014 report came out. For some reason I think the facts on the gun running came out in mid 2015. People thought it was true but didn't have the "physical" evidence.

Don't know how they could miss this though.
the Rogers IC report includes a question-and-answer session before the HPSCI (House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence) that featured testimony from Acting CIA Director Mike Morell. On page 87 of the report, Morell plainly admits that arms were leaving Benghazi and going to Syria. Sections of the exchange are redacted, but the clear implication is that the Turks were involved as middlemen in the movement of weapons from Libya destined for the Syrian rebels. Morell’s testimony tried to give HPSCI member Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) the impression that the only CIA role in this gun running was monitoring that movement, not participating in it. At this point in the session, however, HPSCI Chairman Rogers intervened to terminate any further discussion or testimony.
Now why did Rogers terminate discussion.

Do you have a link to report?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Why do you assume they missed it? From the committee's report it is clear the committee was aware that guns were being moved out of Libya, just not by the CIA or the United States.
Because it's obvious. They missed the connection or were told to not talk about it. My previous post showed Rogers put the brakes on anymore questions involving that. If it's not a matter of "security" why squelch it?

If you want to say the committee wasn't given all the info and that's why they said they said there was no gun running I can understand that but why bring it up in the first place when it is now a known fact we were involved in gun running? We now know the name, Marc Turi was hired by Hillary ran the guns.
The gun running questions were brought up to Hillary during questioning in early 2013 and Hillary lied.

And the White House lied the entire time. It went from a video, to there is no gun running, to there is gun running we aren't involved. All three are lies.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Now why did Rogers terminate discussion.

Do you have a link to report?
I don't know the exact reason. Maybe there is something to the paragraphs I quoted below. A little more is in the link I provided.

Guns and money drove Benghazi secrecy according to emails | Examiner.com
Another little known fact is that Rogers’ wife Kristi Clemens Rogers was the CEO of the Aegis Defense Services LLC, a subsidiary of the British defense contracting firm, Aegis Worldwide, that held approximately half a billion dollars in security contracts, including Libya, according to USAspending.gov.

As head of the most powerful House Intel Committee, Rep. Rogers (R-MI) unsuccessfully lobbied GOP leadership to NOT form a “select committee” on Benghazi. Congressman Darrell Issa, Chairman of the House Oversight Committee as well as Buck McKeon, Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, joined him in opposition to forming the committee.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:25 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because it's obvious. They missed the connection or were told to not talk about it. My previous post showed Rogers put the brakes on anymore questions involving that. If it's not a matter of "security" why squelch it?

If you want to say the committee wasn't given all the info and that's why they said they said there was no gun running I can understand that but why bring it up in the first place when it is now a known fact we were involved in gun running? We now know the name, Marc Turi was hired by Hillary ran the guns.
The gun running questions were brought up to Hillary during questioning in early 2013 and Hillary lied.

And the White House lied the entire time. It went from a video, to there is no gun running, to there is gun running we aren't involved. All three are lies.
Have you read the House Intelligence Committee report?

The fact that the Republican Chair interrupted questioning in open session means nothing. They held closed sessions where classified information could be presented.

The connection to the video came from the CIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies