Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 08:43 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh, I understand you perfectly.

You think Bergdahl is guilty as sin. No fact-finding or trial needed, you've already got the rope out and are practicing your knots.
And you are already baking him a cake and working toward a monetary reward for his desertion. I, too, understand you perfectly. If an act is accepted and praised by a democrat, it just much be just to wonderful to be questioned..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm going to go with the investigator who did in fact interview his platoon mates and others over the course of a few weeks, you can continue to base your opinion on a news interview with some members of his platoon. Maybe we should just dispense with our civilian criminal justice system and just judge outcome from TV interviews.

in the end if the outcome doesn't agree with your in depth analysis...it's Obama
Oh, one more thing. When this first occurred his company commander, who was on the scene, called it desertion. Can any of your sources say the same?

Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And you are already baking him a cake and working toward a monetary reward for his desertion. I, too, understand you perfectly. If an act is accepted and praised by a democrat, it just much be just to wonderful to be questioned..
Actually, no, I'm not either baking a cake or praising Bergdahl.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:10 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Oh, one more thing. When this first occurred his company commander, who was on the scene, called it desertion. Can any of your sources say the same?
Surely this commander testified to same at the hearing?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:40 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Oh, I understand you perfectly.

You think Bergdahl is guilty as sin. No fact-finding or trial needed, you've already got the rope out and are practicing your knots.
He is guilty, even if it for that 1 single day, he did leave his post....that is a fact, what happened afterwords does not matter, he left his post, period end of story. Now, if the court want to take into affect what happened, then so be it, desertion is desertion....

That is what people are failing to realize, he deserted his company....he did not have to I have explained this before, there are other CoC on his FOB....the FOB was also multi military....he had to go no where....period....

Old 10-12-2015, 08:16 AM

57,307 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
There were conflicting opinions on Bergdahl, did they not interview the company commander? Do you have the quote from the Company Commander, what about the Platoon & Battalion Commanders

Old 10-12-2015, 09:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Taking the other extreme I think all soldiers should always have the option of saying "F*** this. You guys fight your own damn wars." Eventually we might have all the kings, commissars, representatives, senators, presidents and rich investors fighting it out with stones and clubs on a football field some where. When the battle was over the spectators could then hang the winners.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Actually, no, I'm not either baking a cake or praising Bergdahl.
But you appear to be all for giving him a pass on his actions. Equates to praise.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Surely this commander testified to same at the hearing?
Knowing how political the military has gotten and how directed by politicians the upper members of the have become, I have my doubts that they entertained anything that counters their ordered decision.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were conflicting opinions on Bergdahl, did they not interview the company commander? Do you have the quote from the Company Commander, what about the Platoon & Battalion Commanders
If you read anything but liberal blogs you would see. But then they would run counter to your bias.

Look them up. They are on google and to quote you, you have fingers and a computer so do your own work for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies