Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 PM

592 posts, read 2,810,226 times

Advertisements

I realize this blog is primarily occupied by liberals, but don't you folks want to be free of rule? I've seen posts of everything from gas prices, to housing prices, to insurance prices, to everything that is wrong in your little world. Bottom line is AMERICA was founded on folks from other places that joined those already here (NATIVE AMERICANS, WHICH MANY OF US ARE NOT) and worked like the devil to make lives better for themselves and their families. If you cannot stand it here, MOVE, GO AWAY!!! What happened to that?? Why do so many jump on the bandwagon to cry, whine, piddle, and moan about every little teeny weenie thing that ticks us off?? Grow a pair....

Last edited by Delaneyland; 05-03-2007 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: more thoughts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
Why do so many jump on the bandwagon to cry, whine, piddle, and moan about every little teeny weenie thing that ticks us off?? Grow a pair....

Are you playing the part of the pot or the kettle..............?

Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
I realize this blog is primarily occupied by liberals, but don't you folks want to be free of rule? I've seen posts of everything from gas prices, to housing prices, to insurance prices, to everything that is wrong in your little world. Bottom line is AMERICA was founded on folks from other places that joined those already here (NATIVE AMERICANS, WHICH MANY OF US ARE NOT) and worked like the devil to make lives better for themselves and their families. If you cannot stand it here, MOVE, GO AWAY!!! What happened to that?? Why do so many jump on the bandwagon to cry, whine, piddle, and moan about every little teeny weenie thing that ticks us off?? Grow a pair....
Yes- how unreasonable for people to be ticked off at our poor medical care system. We all want to pay six figures in cash-those poor little insurance companies-bless their hearts

Old 05-03-2007, 10:08 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Ooh, another "love it or leave it" post? You realize that your post is un-American, right?

Old 05-03-2007, 10:16 PM

250 posts, read 933,084 times
Dude, take a Xanax!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
Quote:

Why in the world would this be Un-American, LeavingFla?? You have the RIGHT TO LEAVE...as I've suggested in many posts. If you truly hate our system of government, our system of taxation, and our system of trade, as you have proven clearly, then leave, by God! Go to Guatemala, and help those poor banana companies get their government back! (See old thread re: THE EVIL USA AND THEIR OVERTHROW OF GUATEMALAN GOVT BECAUSE OF BANANA CORPORATION POWER). You never answered my question on that one, FLA, not to mention a few others.

By the way...sorry I'm in a bit of a foul mood...I still respect your right to speak and be heard, as always; I am just fed up with some of this USA-bashing chit. Again, at least you are thinking, FLA....too many just don't care, and THAT;S the real crime.

Last edited by Alaskagrl; 05-03-2007 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Too harsh the first time

Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
actually Delaneyland has a point.But there also shades of grey.

America's greatness is based around the fact of rights of the individual.That a persons hard work is theirs and free to enjoy the fruits from it.

But it is also based on ethical standards.

A company that provides a service or product should profit from it,nothing should be expected for free.Yet profit should not be made at the expense of stepping on people or the nation.

When a company has a record profit year it should be because they provided excellence therefore gaining customers money and beating the competition.It should not be a profit year made by squeezing its clients and customers to the brink of loosing their house,their health or life.

Free enterprise is the backbone along with ingenuity that makes this nation great,yet there are times when corruption must reigned in for instance what happened with labor laws at the end of the 1800's.

Government is by nature corrupt but that does not mean that corporations free to do what they want wil always do the right thing.

Last edited by lionking; 05-03-2007 at 10:50 PM..

Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
the bashing going back and forth on this thread....

one thing Im learning,if you are Democrat or Republican,liberal or conservative you have to watch ALL of the politicians because they all have the potential to be corrupt.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
How is caring about our collapsing medical system-un-American?- wow.

I didnt drink that Kool-Aid.

sunny

Old 05-03-2007, 10:45 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
How is caring about our collapsing medical system-un-American?- wow.

I didnt drink that Kool-Aid.

sunny

The drug reference is not lost on me, Sunny...although I never DID drink that shot!

Never said caring about issues/social systems was un-American. Never implied it, never thought it, never said it. But if ALL you see about America is negative...yes, then by all means, go and seek further enlightenment in another country. That's my view, humble as it is.

Last edited by Alaskagrl; 05-03-2007 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: I like Sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies