Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 01:48 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
They cost 100 BILLION a year and send about the same amount to their home countries per year. It can and will be done if trump wins. We will not continue rewarding law breakers.
Last night Jeb Bush, who I do not support, made a comment that Hillary's campaign was probably high-fiving over Trump's statement about deportation. Hillary's spokesperson Tweeted that they were, indeed, high fiving at that very moment.

I think that securing the border, cutting off the supply and deporting criminals is a good start. However, I do not believe, for one moment, that America will allow people who has been here for several years, children who have no identity with Mexico, to be deported. Just don't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 01:50 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Sadly Kasich does not know that even Trump knows you can not round up 500,000 illegals a month and ship them out on the next greyhound bus. Trump knows that but Trump does not really explain how he will do it.

We stopped watching after about 40 minutes due to Kasich. He should drop out. He hates Trump so much he can not even control himself on the stage. He tried to go over his time often and to control the show.

The moderators asked great questions. None about the candidates worst weakness and what they are doing about it or questions about fantasy sports.

Did everyone watch it on TV? Fox left the air on our cable TV and we had to scramble to find it on the internet. They must have questioned Trump first because it took us 5 minutes to find the right station. By then the next 8 questions went to non Trumps.
1. 120 day warning to all illegals and their children as well as h1b overstayers to make arrangements to leave the country. The quicker you leave you will be the first in line to (maybe) come back. Give up all ids birth certificates and paperwork to immigration. This would cover millions of people.

2. Instantly give the 850,000 police officers immigration powers to detain illegals when they come in contact with them. Seize all vehicles driven by illegals and sell in county to go towards enforcement costs.

3. Mandatory everify for EVERY single company in the United States.

4. Build the wall and hire more border patrol and supplement with the military.

5. Perform ice raids on employers and jail those who continue to employ illegals. 10k dollar fine for each illegal.

6. No more immigration hearings. If it is proven that you are illegal you are out.

7. 30 day notice that the welfare faucet will be turned off. No more food stamps, wic, no more education, etc

Old 11-11-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Gee, that wasn't the impression most observers had. Even Krauthammer thought it was a good "substantive" debate, and not a "cage fight" like CNBC had set up.
The only reason it was deemed a "substantive" debate is because Sen. Ted Cruz changed the trajectory on how any future moderators were going to handle the Republican candidates. Fox Business treaded carefully and were "substantive" because they had no choice.

They never asked Marco about the Gang of 8. That allows me to know, although I already knew it, that Fox News supports the Establishment wing of the Republican Party. You can see the disdain on O'Reilly's face when someone mentions Sen. Ted Cruz. LOL!

Old 11-11-2015, 01:52 PM

1 800 number to report illegals living or working in america

Within 5 years 90 percent or more would be gone

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If they don't have a work ethic it's because it's rare for them to be lucky enough to find a job.

Your going to tell me young teens do not want to work so they can earn enough money buy a new game, or a new computer or game machine. Not every teen lives in a big, crime ridden, drug infested city. Besides, there are still small towns and medium sized cities where people like the Cleavers still live.
That's why we need to enforce immigration laws, so there will be jobs for the kids, those minimum wage jobs. And, sorry but those small and medium size cities don't exist anymore. I falsely believed that too. Think meth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In that case, I would not want a psychopath capable of bludgeoning his mother with a hammer running our country!
He isn't a psychopathy and many people have thought about doing something violent and did not do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Basically, we the tax payers are supplementing the incomes for minimum wage earners in the form of Medicaid, food stamps, tax credits, etc..... Thus the tax payers are really providing entitlements to employers so that they can keep paying cheap wages. IMO, that is corporate welfare.

Better wages means less entitlement spending.
The problem is that if you raise minimum wage, say to $12.00 an hour, a lot of businesses will go out of business. Someone here working to make your Twinkies makes that in production which is much more difficult than a greeter at Wal-Mart, we have people doing production for $7.25 here (illegal immigration in play) so basically all the wages of most everyone would need to go up which means that we really don't get anywhere. We just need to bring the jobs back we shipped overseas so there will be good paying jobs for everyone and minimum wage jobs can be handled by students and as 2nd jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I guess you prefer a sociopath who drove her attorney to commit suicide in Ft Marcy Park to protect her from prison?
You know it isn't "pc" to bring that up. Hillary's Secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Trump never said he would "round up" anyone. He said they would be deported. This can be done without lifting one finger. Cancel their benefits and prevent them from accessing public services or buying renting housing in the United States. They will leave.
You can say it 10,000 times and they still won't get it.

[quote=Dequindre;41890825]If that is Trump's plan, I agree with it. However, he very clearly wants to round people up (right or wrong).

Round people up would amount to take buses outside of employers, I can name some, going in to check employment data and loading the illegals and taking them away on a bus. Actually, that would be cool. You could also go to Section 8 housing for another load. And, for those protesting, again run a check and load them up. I am sure there are data bases of illegals that have been let off because of the Obama illegal crap and those can be rounded up. So, yes, they could be rounded up but better to just starve them out, saves bus fare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
If the Latino vote is dependant on amnesty, then we are doomed.

I am not so sure this is the case however. Latinos come from a more conservative culture. Most came here legally, and I think enough of them know we have to be a country of laws.

The left and the MSM like to paint the immigration reform proponents as "anti-immigrant", leaving out the illegal part of it. Most Latinos I know are smarter than that.
This has to be an uncomfortable time for those that are here legally and do support enforcing the laws. Everyone else wants to speak for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most of the laborers around don't rent on their own, or collect benefits. They work during the day, and sleep with 20 other laborers in someone house. Yes, there is always one who is legal enough to rent or own a place. And then again changing the laws so that only citizens can rent or own, would be a huge government intrusion in private markets.
Well, some more decent places that rent require a credit check. Also, we desperately need limits on how many people can live in a house and that would fall under "health and safety". They live 3 or 4 families to a house here. The dwellings just can't hold up under the stress and most consider a house just a place to "flop".

Old 11-11-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
1. 120 day warning to all illegals and their children as well as h1b overstayers to make arrangements to leave the country. The quicker you leave you will be the first in line to (maybe) come back. Give up all ids birth certificates and paperwork to immigration. This would cover millions of people.

2. Instantly give the 850,000 police officers immigration powers to detain illegals when they come in contact with them. Seize all vehicles driven by illegals and sell in county to go towards enforcement costs.

3. Mandatory everify for EVERY single company in the United States.

4. Build the wall and hire more border patrol and supplement with the military.

5. Perform ice raids on employers and jail those who continue to employ illegals. 10k dollar fine for each illegal.

6. No more immigration hearings. If it is proven that you are illegal you are out.

7. 30 day notice that the welfare faucet will be turned off. No more food stamps, wic, no more education, etc
I like it! BTW, praying for your safety in this crazy world! Thank you for serving in law enforcement and doing your duty to protect the citizens.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
1 800 number to report illegals living or working in america

Within 5 years 90 percent or more would be gone
Speaking of reporting... So, my daughter had her cell phone taken in a restaurant. The busboy, an illegal, saw it under her napkin and took it to the bathroom, hiding it under the trash can. The manager was not going to do anything about, but she used her husband's phone to call the police. They wanted her to press charges as he would be on record and they could do something about it. She declined, getting her phone back, because she would have had to give her name and address, making it public to the gang this boy was involved with.

What can be done about that issue?

Old 11-11-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Kasich is the popular governor of a swing state. Republicans better treat him with kid gloves.
Kasich is a disgrace. He loves illegals and big banks. He is finished

Old 11-11-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Speaking of reporting... So, my daughter had her cell phone taken in a restaurant. The busboy, an illegal, saw it under her napkin and took it to the bathroom, hiding it under the trash can. The manager was not going to do anything about, but she used her husband's phone to call the police. They wanted her to press charges as he would be on record and they could do something about it. She declined, getting her phone back, because she would have had to give her name and address, making it public to the gang this boy was involved with.

What can be done about that issue?
Press charges and get a ccw permit

Old 11-11-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
He isn't a psychopathy and many people have thought about doing something violent and did not do it.
Exactly! My oldest sister slapped my mother during her high school years. Today, she is an artist and was recently presented an award for American Woman Artist. Perhaps her temperament was used for something more creative. And Carson turned his anger into controlled precision as a surgeon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies