Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 10:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our healthcare is run by insurance companies who just want to make a profit. And we are bilked millions by them. You say that taxpayers can't afford single payer then how do you think they can afford bills by insurance companies.
and you hit the point perfectly...get rid of ALL insurance

its your health, its your body, its your service you are receiving, its your bill

why not have it that we pay our doctor bills ourselves... instead of EXPECTING someone else to pay your bill

eliminate the middleman....the service (healthcare) is between you and your doctor...so is the bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 10:58 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

its your health, its your body, its your service you are receiving, its your bill

why not have it that we pay our doctor bills ourselves... instead of EXPECTING someone else to pay your bill

eliminate the middleman....the service (healthcare) is between you and your doctor...so is the bill
Republicans don't want to do that though. That's why they were against single payer. They are for the insurance companies

Old 11-20-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Republicans don't want to do that though. That's why they were against single payer. They are for the insurance companies
singlepayer IS insurance...it is the GOVERNMENT (the taxpayer) being the insurance (payer)

insurance is not care...never has been...insurance is RISK MANAGEMENT....you pay them (OVER TIME) and then they pay YOUR BILL (if and when you NEED it)

if we paid our OWN BILLS and not expected SOMEONE ELSE to pay our bills for us, costs would go down....its the same thing with tuition at colleges....why has college costs skyrocketed...because you have the government (and loan companies) saying "don't worry, we will pay the bill for you"

what we need is less government, less middleman, less others taking acre of our bills, and more individual responsibility

but liberals wont go for that, because then they LOSE CONTROL

Old 11-20-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
republicans had ZERO to do with the ACA.... seems the liberals are just as much for the insurance companies

Old 11-20-2015, 11:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How many have benefited from the elimination of the pre-existing clause and who are not receiving any subsidies? Could that have been accomplished without this huge legislation that is known as Obamcare?
From what I read, no you could not eliminate pre-existing condition clause unless you increased the number of healthy people buying policies, the way some insurers sold cheap policies in the past was by blaming every single thing that happened to you on a pre-existing condition.

I had an insurance company deny treatment for a ruptured cervical disc because I had seen a doctor for lower back pain a few years before. Fortunately a family member paid for my surgery and hired an attorney, two years later they recovered the money from the insurance company. This was several years ago when I was a single mom raising 2 kids. Even though medical care was cheaper then, there was no way I could have raised the money and the doc told me I had two weeks to have the surgery or my arm would be permanently paralyzed.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
And if you can't pay the bill..what then, do you just go to bed and wait to die?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:16 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And if you can't pay the bill..what then, do you just go to bed and wait to die?
Exactly like what happens to those who can't pay the sky high Obamacare deductibles now, or get stuck with uncapped out of network costs. There's no difference...

Old 11-20-2015, 11:16 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
singlepayer IS insurance...it is the GOVERNMENT (the taxpayer) being the insurance (payer)

insurance is not care...never has been...insurance is RISK MANAGEMENT....you pay them (OVER TIME) and then they pay YOUR BILL (if and when you NEED it)

if we paid our OWN BILLS and not expected SOMEONE ELSE to pay our bills for us, costs would go down....its the same thing with tuition at colleges....why has college costs skyrocketed...because you have the government (and loan companies) saying "don't worry, we will pay the bill for you"

what we need is less government, less middleman, less others taking acre of our bills, and more individual responsibility

but liberals wont go for that, because then they LOSE CONTROL
Yes, single payer is medicare and insurance companies would have no say. I'm all for paying for my own bills. But why do I need to go to my doctor for test results when they could easily tell me over the phone. Then they bill me. Why? This is not government. This is the abuse by others.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:19 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Yes, single payer is medicare and insurance companies would have no say.
How would Medicare for all be funded? Our country spends more on health care now than the entire federal spending tab, including national defense.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly like what happens to those who can't pay the sky high Obamacare deductibles now, or get stuck with uncapped out of network costs. There's no difference...
No, you think. Worst case for an individual under the ACA in 2015 is $6,600 max out of pocket. Most people can find a way to come up with that, few people can come with $250,000 or $500,000 for a catastrophic accident or illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies