Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 08:45 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I here the 'mentally wrong' argument a lot. As always, it lacks substance. WHAT is mentally wrong with him, seeing as you are obviously an expert in the field of psychology?

And don't say narcissism. Even if he is a narcissist, which I'm not sure that I'd agree that he is, that's a personality flaw, not a mental disorder. It's akin to being selfish or having low self esteem. It's not a disorder.

And yeah, when people voice political views, they only voice the ones they think are right. Can you name someone who doesn't do this?

And what is thinking like an American? I thought American principles were about freedom of expression and standing up for what you believe. Does he not do that? You might not agree with his views and his views may be nontraditional, but there's nothing more American than standing up for what you believe is right. To say someone who does this is not American is far less American.
If the President suffers from NPD, which has been suggested, it is indeed a disorder that is officially classified and would not be just a personality flaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 09:56 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
IIRC, NPD was removed from the list of disorders a couple of years ago.

Guess it is so prevalent these days as to be common.

Sure has blossomed where i live.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:11 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

DSM-5 Changes: Personality Disorders (Axis II) | Psych Central Professional#

Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

I apologize, I thought it was still applicable as a disorder under DSM-5.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:14 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post

I apologize, I thought it was still applicable as a disorder under DSM-5.
It is still listed as a disorder in the current DSM. You are correct. DSM-5 Changes: Personality Disorders (Axis II) | Psych Central Professional#

Old 11-18-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
It is still listed as a disorder in the current DSM. You are correct. DSM-5 Changes: Personality Disorders (Axis II) | Psych Central Professional#
Thank you. The new codes are a pain but I didn't think they had removed it as a disorder.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I didn't say anything that even remotely resembles claiming Israel acts like Saudi Arabia. What I said was ISIS and Saudi Arabia are the same, but the latter gets a pass because money is more important than ethics.

I can safely assume that any further discussion with you would be a massive waste of time since you jumped right into elementary level intellect remarks like 'Islamoliberal' so I won't bother getting too in depth here. But I'll ask this. Where specifically in the Koran does it say to kill infidels? Because I just Google it. Not really so I would no, but so I would know that that's what you did if you even bother to respond.

Nevertheless, religion is purely a tool. Regardless of what your personal prejudice may cause you to think, you can't ignore the reality that millions of Muslims oppose ISIS. It doesn't matter what their magic book of gibberish says or doesn't say. Just like a growing number of Christians are more than welcoming to gay people and even those who are opposed to is still wouldn't dare say they deserve to die, but the Christians magic book says they should and that when they do, the are tortured forever. What the book says is, to put it bluntly, ****ing pointless. People will choose to interpret a book however they please.

We could have back and forth about different quotes from the Koran, but that's a waste of time given that interpretation reality. There are parts that say don't kill and there are parts that say to kill. It's a self contradictory text, just like a lot of religious writing.

As far as terrorism, if you want to deny that the problems have escalated the more involved we get, fine. But you're objectively wrong. Islamic terrorism is increasing and has been the more intrusive our foreign policy gets. Yeah, religious violence will still happen regardless, but not to this extreme. For example, there are situations of what I would call Christian terrorism in the US, but their extremely uncommon and very small scale. But if we suddenly made saying Jesus' name in public a felony, we'd see more of it as a reaction to such an unjust law. That's how most things work. When you suppress a group, their fight back tends to be less concerned about ethics.

And you know what, even if I'm wrong about it, it doesn't change the fact that US has no ****ing business being the world's dictator.
Koran 3:151, since you "couldn't find it".

There are Christian terrorists, including here, as there are terrorists of every faith or no faith at all. But let's not lie or be PC and pretend that they pose as big (or bigger) a threat to our country and the world than Islamic terrorists. There are roughly 300 million radical Muslims all over the world, and hundreds of thousands more who don't act violent but agree with the terrorist ideology. As for us taking out Saddam, I agree it was a mistake in the way that was handled, but Obama certainly didn't help the situation. We don't need to be the world's dictator, I agree. But to say that this terrorism is because we "oppressed" people is ludicrous. That's just liberal apologies that Muslim militants use to encourage the crowd. The true reason for the terrorism is because we don't believe the same way they do, plain and simple. It's been happening for centuries.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:37 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I can agree with you its stupid to take in these refugees that we're going to take in, but I disagree on Obama being 'weak' on foreign policy. Has he made mistakes? Of course. But that doesn't always mean weakness.

Regardless of what words Obama uses to describe ISIS, its clear that he's committed to destroying them. So seriously what exactly would Obama have to do or say for you to see him as not being 'weak' on foreign policy? It seems like for alot of people, short of doing what the a$$hat Republicans want, namely more bombings, potential troops on the ground to stomp out ISIS and threatening everyone who disagrees with you or does something you don't like with force, I'm not sure what Obama can do that would please the people who call him 'weak'.
Obama's responses to Chinese and Russian aggression were weak. He has done nothing about North Korean threats to this country, and basically surrendered regarding the Iran deal. He abandoned our ally, Israel, in favor of Palestinians, who celebrated with street parties on 9/11 and killed more Americans last year than ISIS. And regarding ISIS, what's wrong with him bombing more? He hasn't listened to his military advisors, who keep calling for more plans, a better strategy (or ANY strategy, for that matter, since he has none), and even boots on the ground. Others encourage him to work with Russia, and he refuses. His policy in Libya failed, and it is failing here too.

Not to mention, he removed a secular dictator in Egypt to replace him with a leader from the radical Muslim Brotherhood, and got upset when another secular leader, and Islamic reformist, ousted him, condemned him to death, and took his place.

How on EARTH does that sound like a strong leader, or someone good at foreign policy? Please, tell me.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:19 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama, voted for him twice. When people said negative things about him, I always spoke up to defend him. However, because of recent events, I am rethinking my position.

What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world. He keeps talking about bringing the people who attack others to justice instead of acknowledging that there is a war going on and he needs to act now and do it in a forceful way. His bone head idea to take in tons of refugees also is guiding my dislike for his policies too.

What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama. Not so sure who I would vote for now. Not ready to support a loose cannon like Trump yet, but I do think we need someone with some guts in that job, someone who will not play games with terrorist organizations and who is not afraid to meet force with force.

I don't want this to turn into another beat down Obama thread, just wanted to say that I am not as confident in him as I once was.

Don
You know what is more disturbing? The FRENCH Intelligence Agencies that didn't see this attack coming and now you want to "dump" President Obama over this?
The President who said he would get "Bin Laden" eventually and actually did? While "Dubya" said he wasn't interested in searching for him & even "mocked" his search by looking under a table during a press conference at the White House?
The President who so far has kept "America" safe for 7 years and hasn't involved our Nation in any other foreign Wars since then?

As for the Syrian refugees the 10,000 will have to be vetted over 18-24 months! You act like they just washed up on Coney Island and are running around in the US!

Perhaps you should vote for a "third" Bush since he wants 10,000 US troops in Syria to fight ISIS now. I hope you have Sons who can go ahead & fight against your presumed "Obama's foreign policy" weaknesses.

Have a Good day.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:54 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have always been a strong supporter of President Obama, voted for him twice. When people said negative things about him, I always spoke up to defend him. However, because of recent events, I am rethinking my position.

What is disturbing me very much now is that he seems very weak to me in his foreign policies.........especially in light of the recent Paris attacks. He is still treating ISIS as if they are simply law breakers instead of waking up to realize they consider themselves a country and that they are a very serious threat to the rest of the world. He keeps talking about bringing the people who attack others to justice instead of acknowledging that there is a war going on and he needs to act now and do it in a forceful way. His bone head idea to take in tons of refugees also is guiding my dislike for his policies too.

What also concerns me is that Hillary (who I would have probably voted for) seems to think along the same lines as Obama. Not so sure who I would vote for now. Not ready to support a loose cannon like Trump yet, but I do think we need someone with some guts in that job, someone who will not play games with terrorist organizations and who is not afraid to meet force with force.

I don't want this to turn into another beat down Obama thread, just wanted to say that I am not as confident in him as I once was.

Don
You still have a long ways to catch up. Obama is doing everything in his power to HELP ISIS. You have to see that by now. Our president is nothing but a traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies