Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:56 AM

17,447 posts, read 9,285,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's disgusting how many bottom feeders try to exploit the deaths of the Holocaust by somehow claiming an equivalency between peaceful Jews and Muslim terrorists. Prior to WWII how many innocent people been beheaded, burned alive, gang raped and suffered FGM at the hands of German Jews?
Are you claiming that the Jews did NOT wage War against Nazis? Did NOT behead them, rape their women and children? Did NOT sell them into Slavery? Did NOT shoot up Nazi theaters, cafes & sporting events? Did NOT release video tapes and announcements of annihilation because they were not Jews?

By golly - I think you are correct. The Jews that were rounded up and tossed into Ovens did NOT do any of those things that ISIS/ISIL/IS is doing.

There is NO equivalency - there is only Political equivalency by the Leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 11:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Kathryn had a good answer to your question, and you only posted one of her points and ignored the rest!
I omitted it because none of it answered the questions.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Honestly, I don't mean to offend you, but have you bothered to read anything else I've posted? You keep acting as if this is the only fact that I've stated.
Yes, I have read everything, but none address the points I have made.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I have read everything, but none address the points I have made.
Sorry you can't grasp what I'm so clearly saying.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:22 AM

57,363 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Ten percent of Syrians are Christians. Three percent of Syrian refugees accepted by the US are Christians. Syrian Christians are being targeted for persecution in Syria, but not by Assad - by ISIS - so they are not considered political refugees and are therefore not given political asylum in many cases. They are also persecuted in and therefore generally avoid refugee camps, which is where most refugees admitted to the US are coming from.

They are falling through the cracks.
The numbers you are using are 4 years old, a lifetime in a region undergoing civil war. There may be many reasons why christians have lower numbers, reside in a safer area, inability to travel from their location or already left the country over the years. Lacking that information the title that insinuates the US is screening christians is rather misleading. This is just a childish reaction by Fox News in reation to Obama's comments regarding screening Muslims from entry, I wouldn't expect anything less from that network.

[LEFT]
Quote:
By comparison, Syria's population in early 2011 – before the civil war and rise of ISIS that triggered a mass exodus – was 90 percent Muslim and 10 percent Christian.

[/LEFT]

Old 11-18-2015, 11:25 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,840,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and Obama thinks we should be ashamed of ourselves because we do not want his bretheren
in this country.

US Accepts Less Than 3 Percent Christian Refugees, 96 Percent Muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BiwFWD4yxs Moving right along.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:27 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,461,661 times
Just one coming or slipping thru the cracks to get into this Country to do damage control and harm, sorry but is one too many!

And you can just bet on it, that so many coming in, will have an ax to grind here to think no, is naïve stupid and gullable as our President is.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Sorry you can't grasp what I'm so clearly saying.
I am looking for specific answers, and you can talk all you want, but nothing you have said answers the questions. I don't think it's a deliberate deflection from your part, but it is irrelevant to the topic.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 AM

594 posts, read 346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
This Newsmax article implies discrimination of Christians, but this data is utterly worthless without knowing the relative numbers of Christians and Muslims who are seeking asylum in the U.S. In other words, if Christians are (as a percentage of total applications) more likely to be rejected, that might show discrimination but if Christians are more likely to be accepted as a percentage, then there is no discrimination. Simply more Muslims applying.

As a point of reference, the Syrian population in 2011 was over 90% Muslim, so 96% is not that much of an overrepresentation and nothing is said about how many Christians applied for asylum vis-a-vis Muslims.

Mick
Since Christians are being singled out for brutal treatment, death, rape and slavery in the Mid East, we should be going out of our way to give them preferred place in line for asylum

Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,758,981 times
Quote:
Ten percent of Syrians are Christians. Three percent of Syrian refugees accepted by the US are Christians.
Yes, I know.

It doesn't change what I said.

Quote:
Syrian Christians are being targeted for persecution in Syria, but not by Assad - by ISIS - so they are not considered political refugees and are therefore not given political asylum in many cases.

They are also persecuted in and therefore generally avoid refugee camps, which is where most refugees admitted to the US are coming from.

They are falling through the cracks.
Citation needed.

Just because some of them aren't filing for asylum in the U.S. doesn't mean they aren't filing for asylum in Europe or elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies