Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:58 AM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
So, just to be clear... During this transaction between Al Qaeda and ISIS, during and after the violence had occurred. Were both sides screaming ALLAHU AKBAR?
ALLAHU AKBAR squared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 11:58 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
First I have heard of this. Apparently this occurred right after the Paris bombing.

These guys fight a common enemy, and they are fighting each other. So these are basically Middle Eastern MS-13 gangs in a turf war? Interesting...

'Severe blow': Al Qaeda suicide bomber takes out leadership of key ISIS brigade
A recent suicide bombing in southern Syria shows the rivalry between Al Qaeda and ISIS is more than just a contest to see who can kill the most infidels -- the groups are using classic terror techniques on each other.

While ISIS and Al Nusra fight common enemies as well as each other north of Damascus, the two terror groups are in an all-out war south of the capital, along the Israeli border. It is in that part of the hugely complex Syrian conflict where the bitter infighting between the Sunni Muslim terrorist groups is most deadly and direct.

ISIS has largely captured the international spotlight from Al Qaeda, the group from which it sprang, with mass executions, gruesome beheadings and even the apparent use of chemical weapons. But while the black-clad killers have sown fear across the globe, the organization behind the infamous 9/11, 7/7, and countless other major atrocities, is not surrendering its longtime perch atop the terror heap.
Is the CIA supporting Al Qaeda once again?

Old 11-24-2015, 12:05 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
I would think there might be some truth to that, there was a program on PBS Frontline about ISIS in Afghanistan, ISIS is taking over areas of Afghanistan that was once controlled by the Taliban. ISIS is killing any Taliban member that doesn't defect to ISIS.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I kinda assumed successors were being taken out.

Like you, I am challenged to believe anything coming out of the ME.
We didn't even know if Saddam had WMD and yet, we're supposed to believe all these half-assed news reports coming out of the M.E. about the inner workings of super secretive terror organizations.

I pay this stuff no mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFLMAO..so you've noticed this too ?

I laugh every time I hear we've taken out the #1 or #2 guy.
As if they will fall apart.
My thing is, how in the hell do they know who's the "number two guy" in these groups? Did ISIS or Al Qaeda put out a news release and hold a promotion party?

It's all nonsense designed to make us think we're doing something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I would think there might be some truth to that, there was a program on PBS Frontline about ISIS in Afghanistan, ISIS is taking over areas of Afghanistan that was once controlled by the Taliban. ISIS is killing any Taliban member that doesn't defect to ISIS.
Read your paragraph again and think about it. Not that what you're saying is wrong, but it just illustrates how convoluted this mess is. We don't know squat about what's going on. We're just guessing, and so are our Intel agencies. They're just making it up as they go along.

Perfect reason to get the hell out of the Middle East and let them fix their own issues.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't put stock in any of it.

Kinda like when we've just killed the number two guy in ISIS or Al Qaeda for the hundredth time.
'Next man up' is how they roll.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:57 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Yep.

Fact is, the only news organization I trust to report from the Middle East is Al Jazeera. Everyone else is just blabbing.

I don't think we have a clue as to who the leaders are in any of these organizations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFLMAO..so you've noticed this too ?

I laugh every time I hear we've taken out the #1 or #2 guy.

As if they will fall apart.

I agree with that.

I was more focusing on them at each other's throats.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Yep.

Fact is, the only news organization I trust to report from the Middle East is Al Jazeera. Everyone else is just blabbing.

I don't think we have a clue as to who the leaders are in any of these organizations.
Yep. Al Jazeera is the best, by a long shot.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
ALLAHU AKBAR squared
With 2 of them that's 144 virgins waiting at the gates for them !!

Old 11-24-2015, 03:34 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times
Thanks a lot Bin Laden!!

Old 11-24-2015, 04:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Thanks a lot Bin Laden!!
Obama Biden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies