Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 12:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times

Advertisements

Do you recall the brouhaha when Fox News guest Steven Emerson said there were no go places in England, specifically Birmingham? Fox News even did an on air apology.

Heck freezes over: FoxNews apologizes for "reporting" on no-go zones

Emerson, was a highly regarded expert on Islamic terrorism and had written numerous books on the subject (I read 2 of them). And I think his career took a turn for the worse after that. Well, it seems like he has been vindicated.

"BRITISH police officers have sensationally backed Donald Trump’s controversial claim that parts of the country are no-go areas because of growing Islamist extremism. Serving officers in terrorist hotspots including London and Birmingham said that forces are becoming increasingly nervy over the rising threat of Islamic State (ISIS) inspired attacks, with some telling staff not to wear their uniforms in their OWN patrol cars. One officer in London said the firebrand presidential hopeful was “pointing out something plainly obvious” whilst another in Lancashire said the police have to ask local Muslim leaders for PERMISSION before sending patrols into their communities. Their shocking testimonies are in stark contrast to the official responses from politicians and the Metropolitan Police, who have rounded on Mr Trump’s controversial claims."

Donald Trump: British police officers warn about growing ISIS radicalisation in London | UK | News | Daily Express
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 08:41 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,062,852 times
The Brits who want to "ban Trump" would have probably also wanted to ban Winston Churchill back in the day, and likely have no problem with the anti-Brit marches in the streets today (may even be participants).

(Disclaimer: I'm still not a Trump fan).

Old 12-10-2015, 08:46 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The Brits who want to "ban Trump" would have probably also wanted to ban Winston Churchill back in the day, and likely have no problem with the anti-Brit marches in the streets today (may even be participants).

(Disclaimer: I'm still not a Trump fan).
I think Trump can handle himself but I sure would like to see some people in the media talk about how they took the word of authorities over Steven Emerson, instead of talking to the rank and file police back then.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:51 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,061,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think Trump can handle himself but I sure would like to see some people in the media talk about how they took the word of authorities over Steven Emerson, instead of talking to the rank and file police back then.
errr, a couple of anonymous 'sources' posting on a forum and speaking too Breitbart? Why choose them to speak to and not a reputable source?

Sources who use phrases such as "“When I was a teenage lad in Burnley there were no go white areas." - I lived near Burnley and there were no areas like this unless you were scared of people looking a bit different from you. If you were 'brave' enough to go there you'd find great curries.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:53 AM

269 posts, read 178,800 times
England as we know it won't even exist in 30 years. The jokes on them. The blue print of how to take a country without even firing a shot will be their greatest contribution to the world. Watching the place crumble over the next few generations is going to be interesting. I don't think they'll fight. I think they'll just leave.

Pathetic

Old 12-10-2015, 08:57 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,763,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
England as we know it won't even exist in 30 years. The jokes on them. The blue print of how to take a country without even firing a shot will be their greatest contribution to the world. Watching the place crumble over the next few generations is going to be interesting. I don't think they'll fight. I think they'll just leave.

Pathetic

We should tell them they can't come here. They only get to suicide their own culture, not ours.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:52 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,517,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
We should tell them they can't come here. They only get to suicide their own culture, not ours.
Your culture? What culture would that be? A mass shooting every couple of weeks? Sheesh!

You're already a long way down that road to be taking cheap shots at the U.K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies