Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:19 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,456,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So we should be doing what Minority Report does now? Kill people before they themselves knew they want to fight for ISIS.

A silly post.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 06:20 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,929,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
We, as in the US, shouldn't be there. But due to the short sightedness of two administration's we, the US, created this mess and are stuck with it.
obama the incompetent coward created ISIS. He is solely to blame, no one else...

Old 11-29-2015, 09:30 PM

138 posts, read 94,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We shouldn't be bombing ISIS at all.
You are probably right, but if we are going to bomb we shouldn't pull punches.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
The leaflets are to warn civilians to evacuate the area. Why? Because every civilian we kill, his sons will join ISIS the very next day!

Have you guys learned NOTHING from the Iraq quagmire? This is a PR war, people! You lose the PR, you lose war, period.

How did winning hearts and minds turn out for the U.S. in Vietnam? We lost that war because military engagements were diluted by political considerations. We didn't belong in that war either but if we were going to risk the lives of our young men and women we should have at least let them swing with their full weight.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,983,307 times
Guess a poor plan is better than no plan......

Nothing like bombing the refugees our way......

Old 11-29-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
So you can tell a ISIS fighter from a fuel truck driver? For a while there, you were lumping them all together.
U.S. servicepersons who drive trucks aren't soldiers just like their brothers and sisters who are infantrypersons or fly fighters and bombers?

Old 11-29-2015, 09:50 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,111,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
If I had a solution for peace in the Middle East, I would be famous. As it stands, there is no solution accept for us to leave them alone and isolate the area. That is not politically feasible for our leaders so that will not happen.

The original posts that brought up you killing children were about children who were at the wrong place at the wrong time. In the scenario that was being discussed they were not actively trying to kill anyone. Now you move the bar to include this article to include children who are actively fighting. That is different. If they are actively trying to kill someone, then yes, they are fair game. I hate to say that but in war you either kill or be killed. However, what I will not do and would not condone is killing children just because they are there.

Have you been over? You are advocating the killing of children. For someone that is advocating that I would hope that you would have the balls to have been over there before. If you have, and you feel the way that you do I can actually understand it. It is a mess over there. However, if you have not been over there, then I would stop talking about what you do not know.

Before you ask, yes, I have been over there in the past. Spent plenty of time. I am sure that I will be back over there in the future.
Let me explain where I'm coming from. I had a good friend, a good man, a gentle giant, who befriended on of these "children". Treated him like a son, took him under his wing, ate with him. They were on a base. He was sitting with this "child" and chatting. When he got up to walk away that "child" shot him in the back and killed him. That "child" wasn't exposed to the radicalization to the degree that ISIS is instilling in the children. So, yeah, I guess I'm a bit jaded when it comes to these "child soldiers", or "cubs" as they are referred to.

If you do ever go back, watch your back and the back of your fellow Americans. You never know when that monster is going to strike.

Don't assume what I know and don't know. Does one really have to put their hand in the fire to find out that it will burn you?

Old 11-29-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Warning civilians is nothing new. We have been doing it since WW-II.
Congress also hasn't declared war since then.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So you are okay with them raping and hacking heads off across the ME.
Is the ME a U.S. state or territory?

I don't think that American boys and girls should be doing what Iraqi and Syrian boys and girls should do.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:57 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,111,287 times
Quote:
So someone MAYBE a bad guy and that justify us killing him?

Fox News is to news what ISIS is to Sunday school.

Only if the other 4 are cohorts. If they are just standing around talking about last night's game and one bonehead saw his ex and lost it then kills her, the other 4 really has nothing to do with it. You don't seem to get that.

If five people work for the mafia, one is a hit man and the other four just sweep the floor; the primary target should be the hitman.

I'm ok with some and not others. Don't be a simpleton - just because I support Obama doesn't mean I agree with him 100%!

You're now just babbling about things that aren't relevant don't make sense. Talk about a joke.

Any media that turns out news that doesn't meet the opposite sides view is always discounted.

OK with some, but not all? On what points do you agree with him?

Obviously the name of the person I mentioned in the post doesn't register with you. Now you can google it and get back to me with your response.

I make certain points that you consider "babble"?? Do you read your posts before you hit "submit"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies