Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 06:38 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,111,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You said it right there. Fox News presents views, not news. Yes, thank you for acknowledging it.There is false advertising here, if they had call themselves Fox Views Channel, few people would have an issue with that. The problem is with the fiction they present as news.

That is a very broad question that'd require 500+ words to fully expound, and I don't see the point of going there in this thread. The point is, just because I support Obama doesn't mean I agree with his action 100%, that shouldn't be that hard to comprehend. Just as I'm a Giants fan but I certainly don't agree with every trades and signings that they made.

I know that person and his death has nothing to do with this thread. It is just another irrelevant thing presented by you to cloud the issue. Did dropping leaflets cause Wheeler's death? No. Is Wheeler involved with the operation we are discussing? No. Then he is irrelevant to our discussion. You bring him into this thread because it's an emotional thing, I get it. But nonetheless, if you want to discuss his death, start a new thread.

If you don't want to babble, then presents valid points! Things that have nothing to do with this thread is indeed babbling.
How many points did I list? Yet you can't point out those that you agree with or don't agree with. Nice deflection.

What is your obsession with Fox News? Apparently you watch and read way too much of what Fox puts out because obviously Fox got under your skin. I tend to tune in/read from more informed sources than Fox. Oh, wait, isn't Fox the news media that democrats love to hate??

When you stop babbling on and post something that is relevant, I'll let you know.

Bub-bye.

Wow, seeing as you think my posts are irrelevant, why are you responding to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
For your reading pleasure:

I think you gave some good advice ... for/to YOURSELF. And most times folks capitalize the personal pronoun I ... but you might think I "babble" ... O well.

BTW triple8s appears to agree with me also, but trip can decide that.

El Nox

Laughable isn't it? You would think he would practice what he preaches. Then again, this is just someone who follows the herd.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,640,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meow667 View Post
My tactics would to not be involved in the Middle East. Do you think that we should risk blood and spend treasure in that third world hell hole?

We're in agreement on that point.

There is no (and never has been) any "win" in the middle east for any side involved there. And their history of moronic conflicts stretches back into prehistory. It's simply endless violence with no rational basis.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,375,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meow667 View Post
“We dropped leaflets, warning the drivers to scatter,†said an official who had been briefed on the strike.'

US military: Air strikes destroy 116 ISIS fuel trucks, sharing target info with France | Fox News

The U.S. is warning ISIS fighters before they are attacked. Can anyone who isn't a dyed in the wool Obama supporter justify giving our enemies aid and comfort like the president is doing, which is the very definition of treason? Can you spell I-M-P-E-A-C-H-M-E-N-T?
This is absurd. This is not how a Commander-in-Chief runs a war.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:14 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,456,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Laughable isn't it? You would think he would practice what he preaches. Then again, this is just someone who follows the herd.

I didn't know lemmings traveled in herds ... but I do know they like cliffs.

El Nox

Old 11-30-2015, 07:17 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,456,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Why not ... we've had two Demo dummies (LBJ and the peanut) try that from the WH ... why not Odumba?

El Nox

Old 11-30-2015, 07:27 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,416,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is not a war in any sense, if it were we would have gound troops and a draft. The last thing we need to do is kill more innocent people and create more terrorists.

This is not our war, it's theirs,

Old 11-30-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I didn't know lemmings traveled in herds ... but I do know they like cliffs.

El Nox

Old 11-30-2015, 06:39 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,272,624 times
Quote:
For your reading pleasure:

I think you gave some good advice ... for/to YOURSELF. And most times folks capitalize the personal pronoun I ... but you might think I "babble" ... O well.
When you say the following:

Quote:
Doesn't mean they won't either.
El Nox
It appears as if you are not fully ware of what you wrote, and of my response.

You didn't say - "Doesn't mean they are not already terrorists." You said, "Doesn't mean they won't either." "Won't" is in reference to the future, hence based on your words, you are saying, "These people may decide to join ISIS sometime in the future, so it's ok that we strike them now."

Which is of course a dumb notion because it means killing people for crimes they have not yet committed, which is against our principle.

Hence, I brought up "Minority Report." You may want to google what that movie is about.

Now, do you finally get it?

Quote:
BTW triple8s appears to agree with me also, but trip can decide that.

El Nox
Being in agreement wth trip is hardly sometime to brag about.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:47 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,272,624 times
Quote:
How many points did I list? Yet you can't point out those that you agree with or don't agree with. Nice deflection.
You listed several points and I listed two - one is that what I agree or disagree with Obama is irrelevant to our topic. Perhaps you should tell me why you want to know and what contribution does it make?

Quote:
What is your obsession with Fox News? Apparently you watch and read way too much of what Fox puts out because obviously Fox got under your skin. I tend to tune in/read from more informed sources than Fox. Oh, wait, isn't Fox the news media that democrats love to hate??
Fox News makes huge profits from delivering extremely flawed products, and its customers love it precisely because the product is flawed. Anyone who is paying attention would be intrigued by that business because it is utterly illogical from a business sense.

Fox News is not just hated by Democrats, it is hated by just about anyone who likes facts.

Quote:
When you stop babbling on and post something that is relevant, I'll let you know.

Bub-bye.

Wow, seeing as you think my posts are irrelevant, why are you responding to them?
I like to explain things and I have a couple minutes to kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies