Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 08:03 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Here's a little thought experiment if you think the majority of Muslims are peace loving and tolerant while it's just a small percentage of extremists giving them all a bad name.

Imagine going to a majority Christian country or community while carrying a cartoon of Jesus Christ, openly proclaim that you are gay, you support women's rights and full equality with men and you are an atheist who rejects all religion.

Now...

Change the drawing to a cartoon of Mohammad and imagine going to a majority Muslim country or community, like Dearborn Michigan, openly proclaim that you are gay, you support women's rights and full equality with men and you are an atheist who rejects all religion.

What's that? You're hesitant?
Why? The vast majority of Muslims are from the religion of peace and it's just a few bad apples you have to worry about, what could go wrong?
Since the vast majority of Muslims denounce radicalism and violence, perhaps the majority will help protect and defend you from the minority as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are many non Muslims in Dearborn and no one is killing them.
This in regards to Dearborn, MI.

I really don't understand the xenophobia in regards to Dearborn espoused by the right. Your media must be telling you all kinds of crazy things about Dearborn.

FWIW, as stated above, I am an atheist. I have been to Dearborn many times and no Muslim tried to kill me. They have some great shopping venues in Dearborn. Prior to all this xenophobia the only "stereotypes" I ever had about Muslims/Arabs were that they own a lot of gas station and corner stores and they love to shop for gold jewelry lol. I grew up in the NW OH, SE MI area where Dearborn in located. We have a lot of Muslims, they are just regular people not wacko jihadists.

Another FWIW, there are a lot of conservative Christian "militia" types in Michigan too. They are mostly white Christians but guess what????!!!......Most of the white people in Michigan who are Christians aren't nutty militia survivalists either.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Cleveland Browns fans aren't burying women up to their necks and throwing rocks at them until they die. Only Muslims are doing that today....people the Democrats are trying to bring to America.
Those are two different topics. Fewer would be looking to leave their country if we would quit blowing theirs up.

I read where you can be thrown in prison now for gossiping in China. Counter their beliefs and see how long you last. Start causing trouble for Putin and you will disappear....bad things happen in other countries but yet we don't attack China or Russia.

We don't attack Middle East countries because of their actions. We attack them to try to drag out the day we are going to have to face our bad actions at home.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Absolutely why many Christians are trying to end abortion.
While other "Christians" wait in line. Should another country attack us for this? What would be our reaction if they did? Would we retaliate? Of course we would so why should we expect them to be different?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 AM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
I'm glad to see others brought up the crusades. Of course that was centuries ago but more recently i believe the abortion clinic bombings and doctor killings are usually by 'peaceful' christians. Don't forget about the KKK who killed and lynched so many people but were very religious. The other christians around the south supported the KKK too even if they didn't do the killings themselves. Many of them probably still do.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Go to any small town in Southern Mo and do the same. Be sure that your life policy is paid up.

They will beat the **** out of you for just being a stranger any night of the week.
do the same what?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:08 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,974,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
That may be true of Democrats who define themselves first and foremost as Democrats. My instinct as a liberal person is to protect them because America has a long, sordid and sadistic history of bullying vulnerable minorities.

I believe the majority of Conservatives support lawful immigration because it's one of the most effective ways to increase GDP and our stock portfolios. Some of the finest Conservative thinkers today are minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies