Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 01:35 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

Donald trump is shaking the establishment to it's core.
They don't know what to do, all are paid of politicians against Trumps moderate stances of guarding our boarders, and helping vets in our own country rather than send them abroad.
His economic policies will make China pay for what they have done to us and create a trade war that will cause the economy to boom.

The EU will also suffer tariffs and lose against their antagonistic behaviors towards the U.S.

Liberals please join the fight to make America great again. we can truly do something magical together when we unite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 01:40 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
Wow. Thank you for illustrating how a reality TV star, a male Kardashian who is famous mainly for being famous, can attract support.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:51 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
A trade war would cause our economy to collapse, not boom.

Trump's soundbites are good to people who don't excel at critical thinking, or who can only handle one variable at a time, but to say his solutions are simplistic is really complimentary compared to the truth.

I can't stand the man, or what he stands for, but I will acknowledge that I'm glad he brought more scrutiny on the money in politics. Much like Bernie Sanders and (from the past) Ron Paul, I like a lot of the discussion that he's forced into the political arena, but I personally don't think any of the aforementioned people are qualified to run our country.

Wonder how much it will boost our economy the first time Putin backs Trump into a corner and he insults Putin's mother, or calls her fat, on the global stage?

Old 12-07-2015, 02:09 PM

You have to have nuance to understand that trump will win. Some of his ideas may sound ridiculous in hind sight but in reality it is just what we need. Infrastructure spending is also very important

You can vote for the "moderates" Rubio and bush who want to send your children to die for their donors
(virgin Atlantic, Boeing, etc.) or you can vote for someone strong on Trade and logic. don't scrutinize every word the media tells you to, use Daoism ideology to let thing fall into place properly and bring back industrial manufacturing jobs

Old 12-07-2015, 02:12 PM

30,392 posts, read 19,191,759 times
After watching Trump on Face the Nation, I no longer discount him...we could do a lot worse than Trump.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:17 PM

exactly. Hillary is owned by all the big banks and will let them collapse the economy.
Carson is nuts.
Rand Paul doesn't stand a chance and takes money from the Koch bros.
Bernie won't win.
Ted Cruz doesn't want to raise taxes on billionaires and is against stricter trade rules
All (except Trump) are for the disastrous TPP

And worst the lying corporate Media is trying to take him down.
Pro-SS pro-Medicare was against the Iraq war.
Strong border policies which with the wall (and all the real estate around it) will create a boom along the southern border. Trump 2016
ps. No outlandish spending to Bankrupt us either

Old 12-07-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
A trade war would cause our economy to collapse, not boom.

Trump's soundbites are good to people who don't excel at critical thinking, or who can only handle one variable at a time, but to say his solutions are simplistic is really complimentary compared to the truth.

I can't stand the man, or what he stands for, but I will acknowledge that I'm glad he brought more scrutiny on the money in politics. Much like Bernie Sanders and (from the past) Ron Paul, I like a lot of the discussion that he's forced into the political arena, but I personally don't think any of the aforementioned people are qualified to run our country.

Wonder how much it will boost our economy the first time Putin backs Trump into a corner and he insults Putin's mother, or calls her fat, on the global stage?
You say you don't like Trumps personality, that doesn't matter.
NAFTA and soon the TPP have caused great harm to our countries economy.
Money in Politics has scuffled much needed infrastructure spending and everything in Between.
He will stay away from starting WWIII with Putin and act as a semi-ally as he should.
He can run the country because
a.) the bureaucracy is heavily involved in the process making it less Trump centric
b.) if you see videos of him when he is not trying to sway voters or make views he can be very calm and reasonable

Old 12-07-2015, 02:25 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
America would have to have something that the world wants to buy, besides USD, for a trade war to work in our benefit.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
America would have to have something that the world wants to buy, besides USD, for a trade war to work in our benefit.

Okay, let me rephrase.
A trade war would not commence rather a more isolationist period in terms of manufacturing.
We can self produce for ourselves things like car (as you are from Detroit) which will create a stronger middle class and more wealth. International competition may later help this but non the less we don't have to dominate the global market, just do good enough for ourselves.
Secondly getting these job opening will help create need and job training programs for engineering which strengthens our economy.
And lastly don't be a person who gives and be like Trump who promotes a positive message of being winners that helps the mental state of this country. We have to improve, not give up

Old 12-07-2015, 02:33 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
You have to have nuance to understand that trump will win. Some of his ideas may sound ridiculous in hind sight but in reality it is just what we need. Infrastructure spending is also very important

You can vote for the "moderates" Rubio and bush who want to send your children to die for their donors
(virgin Atlantic, Boeing, etc.) or you can vote for someone strong on Trade and logic. don't scrutinize every word the media tells you to, use Daoism ideology to let thing fall into place properly and bring back industrial manufacturing jobs
Trump sounds an awful lot to me like Reagan did in 1980.

Everyone knew, the establishment knew, that Reagan didn't stand a chance of winning. Everyone was sure what's his name was going to be the new president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections