Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:21 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
Maryland just elected a republican govenor, and they've been democrat for decades...the repub govenor is also a lot less qaulified than the dem one, but that's none of my business.
By what standard? Hogan is a self made businessman and Brown worked in government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 03:33 PM

371 posts, read 426,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
By what standard? Hogan is a self made businessman and Brown worked in government.
College education and test scores...what this whole thread is about.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
The problem with affirmative action like at Harvard and elsewhere besides it is not based on meritocracy is that it is unfairly administered. European whites are not afforded fair representation especially when merit is considered. Non-Hispanic, non-Jewish ethnic identity white are underrepresented at Harvard. They are 63% of the population (down from 85-90% from 1600-1970s due to demographic changing immigration policy) but way below 63% of the admitted.

In effect, blacks and Hispanics are affirmative actioned into near equal representation, Jewish and Asians are allowed over representation by a factor of 4-7x and European whites are squeezed out of the middle. And our immigration policy is one big squeeze out policy.

And the fact is America doesn't need any of this immigration. We were innovative and prosperous and more than the rest of the world before the immigration policy was changed. Our immigration policy is one sided like our trade policy. Asia likes to flood the West with immigration and imports, but do you see them allowing non Asian immigration and imports to flood in?

Old 01-04-2016, 12:35 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
....when you dig deeper and look within those states, the republican majority territories of those states, is where the segregated schools are located.
Well, of course they are.

There are few if any non-whites in those areas.

Quote:
Wp are 'cist.
I think you're the one who is "'cist'."

Quote:
See attachment below, all the majority white schools are located in majority republican territories and are the most segregated.
Majority white area -- yeah, I guess the students there would mostly be white.

Someone call 911!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's total BS. And that's why African immigrants are far more successful than American-born Blacks.
Good point.

There is a young black African I deal with daily, and it's like dealing with a white guy who went to Eton and then Oxford.

His look and attitude are completely different than what we have in America.

It is really culture, not race, that explains so much of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The problem with affirmative action like at Harvard and elsewhere besides it is not based on meritocracy is that it is unfairly administered. European whites are not afforded fair representation especially when merit is considered. Non-Hispanic, non-Jewish ethnic identity white are underrepresented at Harvard. They are 63% of the population (down from 85-90% from 1600-1970s due to demographic changing immigration policy) but way below 63% of the admitted.

In effect, blacks and Hispanics are affirmative actioned into near equal representation, Jewish and Asians are allowed over representation by a factor of 4-7x and European whites are squeezed out of the middle. And our immigration policy is one big squeeze out policy.

And the fact is America doesn't need any of this immigration. We were innovative and prosperous and more than the rest of the world before the immigration policy was changed. Our immigration policy is one sided like our trade policy. Asia likes to flood the West with immigration and imports, but do you see them allowing non Asian immigration and imports to flood in?
Well said.

When affirmative action started, the initial goal was equal representation of groups relative to their percentage of the population. Then it simply became "Let's do whatever we have to to get rid of white people and have more people of color."

Whites at the very least are as smart as any other group. It is the achievements of whites that are mostly studied in college. But whites are underrepresented at leading universities. And the whites who do get in are guilt-tripped into apologizing for their very existence. Thus does a society degenerate.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:26 PM

371 posts, read 426,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well, of course they are.

There are few if any non-whites in those areas.

I think you're the one who is "'cist'."

Majority white area -- yeah, I guess the students there would mostly be white.

Someone call 911!

Good point.

There is a young black African I deal with daily, and it's like dealing with a white guy who went to Eton and then Oxford.

His look and attitude are completely different than what we have in America.

It is really culture, not race, that explains so much of this.

Well said.

When affirmative action started, the initial goal was equal representation of groups relative to their percentage of the population. Then it simply became "Let's do whatever we have to to get rid of white people and have more people of color."

Whites at the very least are as smart as any other group. It is the achievements of whites that are mostly studied in college. But whites are underrepresented at leading universities. And the whites who do get in are guilt-tripped into apologizing for their very existence. Thus does a society degenerate.
Detlechat is such a composed racist that it's scary. "It is the achievements of whites that are mostly studied in college" victors write the history *****, let me add, Euros also destroyed 2000 years worth of Chinese history during it's British Empire occupation, do you know how many inventions and "given dues" (stemming from Africa, yes), there would be if this was not the case?

White people do not get guilt tripped into apologizing for the existence. However, they do realize, in college, that their ancestors were not the polite civilized people that the high school diploma makes them out to be. On the flip side, college reveals to the black folk that there was a time where every institution was black owned and ran, and that they are indeed a person of eqaul worth to other people. Simply due to the timeline of human history, currency, bartering, early forms of government began in Africa, and with progression we advanced these instutions in every superseding empire. I will say, british common law and rule of law is the strongest entity, governmental structure, in history at this point, but it did not begin in Britain, remember that.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Detlechat is such a composed racist that it's scary. "It is the achievements of whites that are mostly studied in college"
Yes. For example Newton, Copernicus, Kepler, Darwin, Euclid, Galileo, Mendel, Curie...the list goes on.

Quote:
Euros also destroyed 2000 years worth of Chinese history during it's British Empire occupation
I doubt that very much.

Quote:
do you know how many inventions and "given dues" (stemming from Africa, yes), there would be if this was not the case?
Any worthwhile inventions would have been preserved by the white colonists.

Quote:
White people do not get guilt tripped into apologizing for the existence.
Yes, they do. All the time. Especially in college.

Quote:
However, they do realize, in college, that their ancestors were not the polite civilized people that the high school diploma makes them out to be.
They don't need to go to college to figure that out.

People are people. Some good, some bad.

And non-whites are hardly innocent, historically speaking.

They have practiced slavery, waged war, stolen from their neighbors, etc. There is no reason to think they wouldn't have done that even if whites had never existed.

You accuse me of racism and then proceed to bash whites and misrepresent history.

You sound like a student of Leonard Jeffries.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:35 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
I'm a black man, and I truly believe blacks and whites would get along much better if we as black people stopped depending on them for everything and created our own economic bases and institutions away from whites.

The problem is as blacks we love to try to get ourselves in everything owned by whites because we've had it ingrained in us that everything they have is of quality standard. We want to get into their corporations and beg them for jobs, we want to go to their schools, be included in their movies and shows, and be allowed to go to their entertainment venues rather than CREATE OUR OWN. We clearly aren't meant to get along, and I really don't see why it is so hard to understand that when you have your own ecnomic empowerment amongst your people, problems like these aren't as common. For example, the Asian community. Let's CREATE OUR OWN banks, restaurants, clubs, brands, etc.

Imagine, these issues such as affirmative action wouldn't be talked about if we as blacks started our own high-quality schools and businesses.

I tell my friends and family nearly every day they tell me stories about how they are disrespected by the waiters, their bosses, and others they patronize through either overt or subliminal racism and when I ask them "Instead of breaking your back to shop at that white-owned store that profiled you, why didn't you go to the black-owned store that has just as great quality clothes..." and they get quiet.

Self-economic-empowerment, it is the answer to problems like this.
I agree with you on those aspects of self-reliance, especially in a society that views us as second class citizens more than they will ever admit. With that being said, many times when we did pool our money together and create FUNCTIONING communities that also built wealth we were sabotaged. Jealous whites would get together and destroy what we had built, like the Tulsa Black Wall street which is just one of many instances. The whites who destroyed our truly successful communities were never reprimanded in any sort of way. I think this caused many of our people to give up building enterprises like that again and broke many of our spirits.

Truth is I don't think the black man was ever meant to be self-sufficient in this society!!

Old 01-11-2016, 12:54 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Affirmative Action should've been ended long ago before it started really. Now they we are immigrating enough Asians to fill all the college slots, now there's talk about ending affirmative action. The real motive of starting affirmative action was to harm whites, and the real reason for ending it will be the same-to replace whites with Asians.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:02 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I agree with you on those aspects of self-reliance, especially in a society that views us as second class citizens more than they will ever admit. With that being said, many times when we did pool our money together and create FUNCTIONING communities that also built wealth we were sabotaged. Jealous whites would get together and destroy what we had built, like the Tulsa Black Wall street which is just one of many instances. The whites who destroyed our truly successful communities were never reprimanded in any sort of way. I think this caused many of our people to give up building enterprises like that again and broke many of our spirits.

Truth is I don't think the black man was ever meant to be self-sufficient in this society!!
"jealous whites would get together and destroy what we had built, like the Tulsa Black Wall street which is just one of many instances. The whites who destroyed our truly successful communities"

Details please.

I worked in an area which was 99% black and owned ALL the businesses.

I agree with the poster you responded to.

Keep in mind Walt Disney went bankrupt 3 TIMES before "making" it.

Quit making excises and pick yourself up and try AGAIN. KEEP trying until you succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies