Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 07:00 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am a gun owner and hunter. I have no issue with background checks or closing the alleged loopholes. I wonder tho. How many mass shootings were the result of not having back ground checks and the alleged loopholes?
Idk, nothing can prevent the really crazy mass shootings in my opinion. However, gun violence in inner cities has gone down in all states that have enacted their own restrictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 07:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A lot of us have been saying for a long time that either the gun fetishists are going to participate in a national dialogue on what to do about the murder rate and mass shootings in the U.S., or they are going to get steamrolled by the tidal wave of popular support for measures to address the issue.

Looks like President Obama is getting ready to pounce on it, since the GOP is incapable of voting unless the NRA tells them how. His proposals won't solve the problems entirely, but every little bit helps. Doing nothing is not an option.

A Disgusted President Obama Will Act Alone And Take Executive Action On Guns
This is Absolutely, Positively the BEST news I've heard in a Year.
Nothing is better than the "I WON" guy and all his Minions (including Hillary Clinton and EVERY Democrat running for election) to jump on the "Executive Action" Bandwagon to "change" the 2nd Amendment in an Election Year.

Go Obama GO. Valerie is giving you the same great advise she has given you through 7 years of Disaster. It couldn't happen at a better time than an Election Year.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What loopholes?
Thats why I say alleged. It's Obama and hid Admin and anti-gun folks who say there are loopholes.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:02 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am a gun owner and hunter. I have no issue with background checks or closing the alleged loopholes. I wonder tho. How many mass shootings were the result of not having back ground checks and the alleged loopholes?
None. But the anti gun nut fanatics won't acknowledge reality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-by-gun-laws/

Old 12-10-2015, 07:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
There is a gun buying frenzy going on.

Anti-gun liberals are a gun dealers best friend.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:07 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
What the authoritarian left affectionately calls a "loophole" is deliberate, considered legislation.

It is the difference between a free society and nationwide gun registration--which is useful only for confiscation.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:09 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
The progressive left wants to get back to keeping its slaves. Unarmed is the very definition of slave.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:09 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,727 times
Tell me more about how criminals follow gun laws...Do tell.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:23 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
There is a gun buying frenzy going on.

Anti-gun liberals are a gun dealers best friend.
I'm looking at a second safe. I'm out of storage space!

Old 12-10-2015, 07:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
I reload my own. With my gear I can crank out several thousand rounds a day.
But keep dreaming, and the 2A is absolute. Shall not be infringed means exactly that. At best your idiot in the WH can have my Title III license pulled and that wouldn't break my heart. Still a lot of legally owned machine guns and cannons out there. Good luck seizing those.
Why do you take such offense at what he said? Gun rights are not absolute, that has been demonstrated several times by SCOTUS refusing to hear gun cases:

The Supreme Court disappointed gun rights activists once again Monday, declining to review two cases involving the rights of those under 21 to own handguns.

The court decided not to hear a challenge to a New Jersey state law that requires people who want to carry handguns to show they have a special reason before they can get a permit.

Supreme Court Won’t Hear Challenge to Assault Weapons Ban in Chicago Suburb

NRA Rejected by U.S. Supreme Court on San Francisco Gun Law - Bloomberg Business
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies