Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 05:59 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its a sliding scale. As it beats the odds of me slipping in my tub and killing myself, I will concern myself more and more. If it hits death from cancer it will become something I actually think about more. Theres no magic number. Theres rationality of risks.
There is no sliding scale, they killed on American ground, after your president said there is no credible threat.....an NO I don't want to hear about the lone wolf ****....that is your ilk's language.

Quote:
They are far from the biggest offenders. But you know that right? And I have REPEATEDLY expressed that fear mongering helps the terrorists. I dont care who does it, this isnt a "right vs left" thing, this is called "lets not encourage the terrorists who are less dangerous to me then slipping in my bath tub is."

As for supporting media, I've expressed support for Christian Science news as the best source of reporting. You can search my history. I've called out msnbc as a bad place to get your news from. Any more nonsense?
So you support CNN then...figures....

Then lets see it...they ARE the biggest offenders....who else does it but the media, the media YOU prop up, you voted for obama right...

Quote:
Fun fact-more people died last year falling out of bed in the US then from terrorists.
Why are you interested in facts? You don't like them when it goes against you?

Quote:
Yes or no question? Bite me.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, lookie lookie, see what I mean, you cannot ask a leftist anything they don't like, they get pissed....

Quote:
Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or no question!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, lookie lookie, see what I mean, you cannot ask a leftist anything they don't like, they get pissed....

Quote:
Well if terrorism wasnt effective we sure wouldnt be seeing it used so much.

but yes you confront it and deal with it, you dont fear monger, you don't help it be more effective by spreading unreasonable fear.

Yes, that's the point, something your ilk needs to figure out....except that it's not unreasonable, even the FBI director says so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 06:00 PM

254 posts, read 146,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You didn’t hear that from Trump by any chance, did you?
Thats exactly why he has the people support, hes anti establishment and we all know the establishment is mostly rotten across the board.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:03 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times
Quote:
Yes...from falling out of bed. Which has killed more of us this year then terrorism within our country. Piles of bodies.

Emotional laden words. Nice! And by doing so you help the spread of terror. Good job!

And shotguns and that evil black rife killed less that blunt objects, yet you and your ilk continue to push that the evil black rifle is bad......

Just continue like it never has happened....that way, you and you ilk can say.....look, it the guns fault, but not the terrorist....

Old 12-18-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I'm sure ISIS is very proud of the results they have received from terrorism. Quite literally this is success beyond their wildest dreams.

And you cheer them on. Truly, ISIS loves people like you.
Success for them is complete world domination, that's something even a sizable amount of moderate muslims believe.

By all means, bend over and take it as you will, but these people have an invading force effecting their daily lives, raping their women, killing their people, degrading their society, and the left attempts to cover it up and shove it down their throats.. Some of us wont just bend over like a good liberal, we'll resist.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:08 PM

42,867 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
We have seen the damage democrats have done, and clearly they aren't finished given their rhetoric and actions. Forgive me, for I am willing to give the other side a chance, if they equally as bad, then its time to replace the entire system as it currently stands.
Give the other side a chance? Don't you mean "another chance"? I don't dislike Bush, I think he was a decent man - but he was naive and listened to some very dangerous people; Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz et al. and those are still waiting in the wings to advise the next President. IMO there are only two R candidates who I don't think would listen to the same neo-cons, Rand Paul and Trump.

Unfortunately I have no idea who Trump would take advice from and that in itself is terrifying, so that leaves Rand Paul who I think is a very smart guy and while I disagree with him on a number of issues, I think he understands the problems in the middle east.

Does anyone ever think about the implications of what some of these candidates are suggesting? Nuking the middle east, or carpet bombing it, or shooting down Russian planes, or are those ideas acceptable because the Republican primary voter is generally too old to have to fight the wars that they are aching for us to get involved in?

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-19-2015 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: language

Old 12-18-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Give the other side a chance? Don't you mean "another chance"? I don't dislike Bush, I think he was a decent man - but he was naive and listened to some very dangerous people; Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz et al. and those are still waiting in the wings to advise the next President. IMO there are only two R candidates who I don't think would listen to the same neo-cons, Rand Paul and Trump.

Unfortunately I have no idea who Trump would take advice from and that in itself is terrifying, so that leaves Rand Paul who I think is a very smart guy and while I disagree with him on a number of issues, I think he understands the problems in the middle east.

Does anyone ever think about the implications of what some of these candidates are suggesting? Nuking the middle east, or carpet bombing it, or shooting down Russian planes, or are those ideas acceptable because the Republican primary voter is generally too old to have to fight the wars that they are aching for us to get involved in?
I was in highschool when the twin towers fell, I didn't vote and I never supported Bush. I voted for Obama as a naive kid bombarded by the lefts rhetoric in the liberal stronghold of Massachusetts. I've seen the results of letting liberals run rampant, I'm ready to see if the other side can fix this mess.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-19-2015 at 05:12 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 06:22 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,503,369 times
Nothing to worry about folks, just take them in, offer them some warm milk and cookies and all will be fine. At least that's what the Liberals tell me?

Old 12-18-2015, 06:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,409,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And shotguns and that evil black rife killed less that blunt objects, yet you and your ilk continue to push that the evil black rifle is bad......

Just continue like it never has happened....that way, you and you ilk can say.....look, it the guns fault, but not the terrorist....
Want to know what makes your comments especially hilarious? Search my postings for the words gun control. go ahead.

I support gun control 100%...if by gun control you mean using both hands.

Now instead of trying to conflate me with "my ilk"...try debating the actual topic if thats not too challenging.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,409,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There is no sliding scale, they killed on American ground, after your president said there is no credible threat.....an NO I don't want to hear about the lone wolf ****....that is your ilk's language.
Again...I am in more in danger from falling out of bed. Seriously, how does this not compute for you?

Quote:
So you support CNN then...figures....
Weird, I said I supported the Christian science monitor. At best you could get CSM out of it. I haven't actually watched CNN in a long long time. I haven't noticed massive amounts of fear mongering from them, but that may be because they aren't a go to resource online where I get most of my news.

Quote:
Then lets see it...they ARE the biggest offenders....who else does it but the media, the media YOU prop up, you voted for obama right...
Wow....just...wow.
Quote:
Why are you interested in facts? You don't like them when it goes against you?
I like living in reality. Some of my recent posts are actually about how facts changed my opinion on early education. You should try it rather then supporting the terrorists by making people afraid.

Quote:

No, I dislike people that reduce things to a yes or no question. Its intellectually shallow. I provided a example of why in my response, perhaps I should have made it more clear.

Quote:
Yes, that's the point, something your ilk needs to figure out....except that it's not unreasonable, even the FBI director says so....
my ilk. thats hilarious. As a FYI, the FBI director doesn't make up my mind for me. I think.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:37 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,142,218 times
Quote:
Yes...from falling out of bed. Which has killed more of us this year then terrorism within our country. Piles of bodies.

Emotional laden words. Nice! And by doing so you help the spread of terror. Good job!
Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies