Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 07:05 PM

78,522 posts, read 60,702,401 times

Advertisements

They bulldozed the mall in my area that got a bad reputation for gangs, car break-ins and violence in and around it.

The mall near my house is the only really successful one standing and they have STRICT policies. Heck, they kicked out the local highschool choir ensemble that impromptu sang some carols there....and it was a bunch of clean cut honor students lol.

My sibling recently saw a "represent" group meet up at a mall in the quad-cities (Iowa\Illinois) border where there was a large group of black youth that met up and then were running through the place shouting their gang affiliations and some fighting. They got locked in a store until it blew over.

Sh*t like that KILLS businesses.

Nobody wants to be somewhere when 100 teenagers start storming through the place fighting, yelling and tearing the place up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 07:44 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,628,839 times
I was really surprised to hear Black Lives Matter has so many issues with Minneapolis. I always thought Minneapolis was probably one of the best and fairest cities in the nation for blacks.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:26 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,986,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Again, the best thing that BLM can do for their cause is to be better parents and to make their children take their education seriously and to seek a good career.
This is where ignorance comes in.

Turn off fox news. Stop sending checks to Donald Trump and listening to rush Limbaugh.

You obviously dont know anything about BLM.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:30 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,986,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I was really surprised to hear Black Lives Matter has so many issues with Minneapolis. I always thought Minneapolis was probably one of the best and fairest cities in the nation for blacks.
It isnt about a particular city as much as it is a behaivior. Bad law enforcement can be found everywhere.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:55 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,628,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
It isnt about a particular city as much as it is a behaivior. Bad law enforcement can be found everywhere.

That's true that bad law enforcement can be found (nearly) everywhere, but the fact is if you don't co-operate with the cops when they stop you, you increase your chances of being shot by about a thousand percent.

That should be the message to be sent loud and clear to the public, that if you don't co-operate with the cops, you might get shot, because the cops WILL shoot.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:57 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,011,410 times
Quote:
It actually is ... compared to other cities it size ...

Old 12-23-2015, 04:38 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,198,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This is where ignorance comes in.

Turn off fox news. Stop sending checks to Donald Trump and listening to rush Limbaugh.

You obviously dont know anything about BLM.
And I disagree. Black lives will matter a whole lot more when the the majority of their community start acting and behaving like educated and civilized human beings and NOT acting all ghetto while wearing black hoodies and running away from the police trying to question them.

If I (a 57 year old Chinese woman) had acted like Sandra Bland, I would have made the police officer all upset and wanting to arrest me. If I were to wear a black hoodie with the hood over my head and swaggering down a dark city street like some gangsta, then I would also be attracting unwanted attention from police officers. And I would not even attempt to wear jeans that were falling off of my ass. That styling is one of the most stupid fashion statements ever.

I work at a graduate school, and the black students there are never disrespected or negatively profiled. We have a culturally and racially diverse campus and everyone gets along. They stand up straight, talk proper English and wear clothing in a normal fashion. They also great each other with a smile. We have no tough acting wannabe gangsta types on campus. They are all there to learn and have a good career. Not one of them is hoping for welfare or Section 8 government handouts, or reparations for black slavery. The BLM movement could learn a lot from these young people.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:06 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,606,995 times
today on the news, they said that the BLM could not be stopped at the Mall of America boooo on that

Old 12-23-2015, 05:23 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,736,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
#BlackLivesMatter is one of the biggest jokes this country has ever seen.
Indeed, they need to get a clue.

With their pseudo violent protests, BLM is putting themselves in a position where BMDM. (black money doesn't matter)

CN.......

Old 12-23-2015, 07:29 AM

17,447 posts, read 9,283,828 times
Quote:
How could you forget about those "chains" they keep poor Black people in?
Hands UP, Don't Shoot!

Black Lives MPLS
@BlackLivesMpls
We have nothing to lose but our chains. | Donate food and bail money Black Lives Matter Minneapolis | Text @blacklives to 23559 for upcoming alerts
Minneapolis, MN

These Anarchists just want publicity ... and money of course. (all BLM snowflakes should be donating to the 'cause' right now - get yo money up) The more CHAOS they cause, the better for them. Occupy WallStreet was exactly the same way AND financed by some of the same people.

Black Lives Matter Stopped Minneapolis “From Burning To The Ground” Says NAACP Leader

The Threats are real - Threats to "burn it down", if they don't get their "peaceful HandsUpDon'tShoot protests". The city is letting them take over the mall in hopes that is all they do. Retail is a tough business - they heavily count on the Christmas selling season. Blackmail is a dirty business and BLM has a great success record with their Blackmail. Will they be content with winning their court case to "protest" and not Destroy?
I wouldn't count on it - "protesting" is FunFunFun for the Little Snowflakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies