Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 06:20 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yeah that's why white males (specifically Germanic) have a deep lock on all the leading roles in 99% of mainstream movies
Tho IF Hollywood ever needed an actor to do German Nazi Goebbels in a movie; they'd need some kind of Asian since Goebbels def did NOT look "Aryan" white. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 06:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Your anti-white imaginary fiction doesn't contradict anything but reality.
Sad because that poster sad his mom's family IS "German" in the past.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:10 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Now the leftists and progressives are eating their own, now in the form of Hollywood. Cant have it both ways!! Now they will blame the fraud "white privilege" rather than come up with a movie that WILL get the oscars. and anyway, for that matter, the public will watch a movie because they like it, not because it wins or does not win an oscar. Or, perhaps all the movies with black actors suck and so why should they also get an oscar just because its a black movie/black actor movie? Thats like people giving trophys to kids just for showing up.
Does anyone think for a second that the movie studios would not want to make a movie with the highest selling box office of all times or a record number of Oscars if all those awards went to black people?

Let's remember, there is no limit on the number of movies they can make and they can raise all the money that they want to make them - as long as the prospects are good that it gets paid back with interest and a nice profit.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:44 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Does anyone think for a second that the movie studios would not want to make a movie with the highest selling box office of all times or a record number of Oscars if all those awards went to black people?

Let's remember, there is no limit on the number of movies they can make and they can raise all the money that they want to make them - as long as the prospects are good that it gets paid back with interest and a nice profit.
Yes but that is too logical and makes too much sense, so people want to believe "conspiracy theory" and "why no black actors win oscars"?

I got another idea - ok so i heard some guy say "how come Straight Outta Compton" didn't win? Well for me, its like this. Lets say a movie like Titanic went up against Straight outta compton? for me, i dont care about the subject matter of a movie that has violence and city ghetto life and the topic does not interest me? you think im going to put the Compton move to win an award which is about a horrid depressing Compton movie and then diss Titanic just to give some kind of Politically Corect Award and not give Titanic one that is DESERVED AND EARNED?

For that matter, i read about how decent actors and decent white people get snubbed all the time!!!!

So whomever pulls out the race card at these things - is STUPID and racist themselves. They aren't worrying about any Japanese people not getting an award.. its always racist.. In fact, someone is gonna call me a racist ,, just watch.. I make too much sense. and someone wont like that. lol

Old 01-16-2016, 09:53 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Well yeah. Loving black and Mexican people is something that you say you do, it isn't something that you put into practice in real life or anything.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Exactly. Their motive is profit, as it should be. If hiring non white actors produces more profit they would do it.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:01 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well yeah. Loving black and Mexican people is something that you say you do, it isn't something that you put into practice in real life or anything.
I love Halle Berry, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek and Eva Mendes even in real life.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Yes but that is too logical and makes too much sense, so people want to believe "conspiracy theory" and "why no black actors win oscars"?

I got another idea - ok so i heard some guy say "how come Straight Outta Compton" didn't win? Well for me, its like this. Lets say a movie like Titanic went up against Straight outta compton? for me, i dont care about the subject matter of a movie that has violence and city ghetto life and the topic does not interest me? you think im going to put the Compton move to win an award which is about a horrid depressing Compton movie and then diss Titanic just to give some kind of Politically Corect Award and not give Titanic one that is DESERVED AND EARNED?

For that matter, i read about how decent actors and decent white people get snubbed all the time!!!!

So whomever pulls out the race card at these things - is STUPID and racist themselves. They aren't worrying about any Japanese people not getting an award.. its always racist.. In fact, someone is gonna call me a racist ,, just watch.. I make too much sense. and someone wont like that. lol
Lol...what are you talking about?

Old 01-16-2016, 12:08 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
you think im going to put the Compton move to win an award which is about a horrid depressing Compton movie and then diss Titanic just to give some kind of Politically Corect Award and not give Titanic one that is DESERVED AND EARNED?

l
Can you tell us why you believe Titanic deserved & earned an award & not the other movie? I'm curious. I haven't seen Compton but I did see Titanic. I actually own it. I like the movie but let's be honest here, the acting in that movie is hardly deserving of an Academy Award. The special effects? Sure, great CGI, fantastic effects. Acting? Nope.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:38 PM

248 posts, read 172,647 times
I just quick scanned through this thread...it's comical how the most rational and sensible things have been said / posted and people act like it wasn't said at all just for the sake of keeping the argument alive and well.
This should serve as a lesson in social psychology; people will subconsciously decide to ignore logical reason to push a personal agenda absolutely forbidding themselves to consider they may be wrong and their logic flawed....Hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies