Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 08:48 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,580,493 times

Advertisements

The Eastern civilization (China, Japan, Korea) and the Western Civilization (Europe and countries its people occupied) have been considered advanced and its cultures considered as rich.

Now, the Western civilization is being slowly altered by waves and waves of immigration from the Middle East with different cultures and values. While the Eastern civilization's citizens, ethnicity, and culture are and will probably remain 90%+ homogeneous.

Do you think in the future, the Eastern civilization will be more powerful than the West?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 09:57 AM

I mean, I don't see Japan ever having millions of Muslims flooding in bringing in different cultures into the Japanese cities and society.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:04 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
The Eastern civilization (China, Japan, Korea) and the Western Civilization (Europe and countries its people occupied) have been considered advanced and its cultures considered as rich.

Now, the Western civilization is being slowly altered by waves and waves of immigration from the Middle East with different cultures and values. While the Eastern civilization's citizens, ethnicity, and culture are and will probably remain 90%+ homogeneous.

Do you think in the future, the Eastern civilization will be more powerful than the West?
I think when "powerful" and "superior" is used to describe culture, civilization, race or ethnicity, people tend to take it personally and discussion as such cannot stay civilized, honest or even open.

To me, Native American culture, in contrast, pursues nonhuman values such as nature, tradition, ritual, environmentalism, and ethnicity. That is a good culture and civilization.

No, I don't think eastern civilization will be more powerful in the future because it is a different culture or civilization. Comparing east to the west is like comparing apples to oranges.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
To me, Native American culture, in contrast, pursues nonhuman values such as nature, tradition, ritual, environmentalism, and ethnicity. That is a good culture and civilization.

I know right? Before the evil racist homophobic white racist Republicans founded this country by slaughtering Native peoples, all of the Indian tribes were living together in peace and harmony.

Remember those big cities with all the technological advancements? The different tribes living together over meals with hearth and kin?

The Crow and Ute developed a complex communication between themselves. The Lakota and the Omaha were like twinsies and stuff.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:18 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Internet is global.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:24 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
I mean, I don't see Japan ever having millions of Muslims flooding in bringing in different cultures into the Japanese cities and society.

No...but their low fertility rate might do them in in the long run.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No...but their low fertility rate might do them in in the long run.
Just import some other East Asians with similar cultures and values.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:19 PM

752 posts, read 567,210 times
Quote:
"Now, the Western civilization is being slowly altered by waves and waves of immigration from the Middle East with different cultures and values."
Key word: slowly. By the time they have sufficient numbers to hold any semblance of political power, the pull of cosmopolitanism/hedonism will have eroded most of the medieval religious baggage.

Quote:
"Do you think in the future, the Eastern civilization will be more powerful than the West?"
Perhaps at some point, owing to sheer numbers.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:24 PM

1,676 posts, read 946,435 times
No; I wouldn't say either one is more powerful; each has a unique set of problems. East Asia is seeing a severe population decline that will probably continue well into the 22nd Century, perhaps beyond.

I think something will happen that will cause the West to rise out of its slumber and "shake off" this Islamist disease, but I don't think it's at its height--that was probably 200 years ago, at least.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:

I belief the leftist are destroying the West. Then either East Asia will become dominate and take over the West or the leftist will infiltrate the East and multiculturalize, 'diversify' and destroy the East. Eventually the whole world will turn into a corrupt Brazil with two classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies