Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 04:06 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...stop it.
Prove me wrong

Old 01-21-2016, 04:11 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I don't understand why some posters here continually bring up reparations. I don't get it. Is it to rile up posters like the one I just responded to?
It's troll bait. Period.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
If reparations passed, I want reparations from blacks as I lost a distant relative who died in the civil war freeing them.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-22-2016 at 05:11 AM..

Old 01-21-2016, 06:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Who are you talking to with all that claptrap? Nobody cares.
Many of us DO care. Like some of the other posters said; give each 1 of those "Black" Americans who want their reparations the 100K dollars and a 1 way ride OUT of the US, preferably to Liberia where white people CAN'T get citizenship. It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than holding their butts in prison till they die since most of their kind WILL do something stupid to be sent there.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:19 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Would that ever happen?
No-

Tax payers would just no longer pay taxes. There would be no reason for "war".

Every bum will do what they can to get a handout. The guilty party is not the bum, but those who would pay and encourage the bum.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Reparations????? Affirmative action, cradle to grave entitlements, you name it you got. We are talking trillions of dollars spent in the last 50+ years...I think that tab has been paid.

My family came here dirt poor in the 1930s and 40s, and they managed to make great lives for themselves through hard work, no handouts. So forgive me if I don't give a d*mn about your stupid reparations. Get over yourselves.

And before some jacka** pulls the race card on me, my wife is black. Her family as well as herself worked hard for everything they have. Good, honest and successful people. No damn reparations needed or wanted.

So sick of people that expect something for nothing. Get off your a**es and do something with your lives, pathetic.
My maternal and paternal ancestors came here (dirt poor and legally) in the mid-19th and early 20th centuries, from Italy and Czechoslovakia. I do have a great great GM we believe was actually an illegal from Mexico, who married my Black GGGF (I have his nose) in AZ way back when. Their sons (my uncles) actually rented a house from the Earp brothers, and were miners, and I still have family in AZ. So, I come from a truly diverse family tree. Not exactly blue-bloods, buy my family roots can be traced in the US back to the early 1800s at least.

I have a drop of just about every blood, making me a true American Mutt!

My take on the question: Reparations have already been paid one way or another. It's time for people to stop looking back, blaming everyone else, pull themselves up by the boot straps, take responsibility for your own lives and get on with it.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:51 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Would that ever happen?
Well, I'm not sure why they would need anything since they and generations before them are living off tax dollars anyway. To simple of an approach?

Old 01-21-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Not likely a race war but it could spark a civil war with more people looking to either overturn or secede from the US.
That wouldn't work out real well since the "Black" hoods are scattered across the US with those Black Americans living everywhere else probably have no real interest in succession because they're doing well in life.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
If you are half white (Mulatto, Obama) do you only get half of the reparations for the black half?

Or being Mulatto (Obama) do you have to 'pay' reparations because the majority of slaves sold and owned, were sold and owned .. by Mulattoes?
Obama wouldn't get boo since his Black father came from Africa as a free man. Tho word is his white mom did have a touch of Black in her family but; "1 drop rule" is dead.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:00 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...yeah, to you, we were like the servants in Ol' Massa's house. We're there, but like most fairly delusional people, you figured that blacks are without emotion or capable of thought. Or maybe you figured that we all have Stockholm Syndrome.
Why am I not surprised at your revelation.
"Look Ethel...Rastus can read!" LMAO...
But you knew NOTHING until 2008. Amazing.

But, will you continue this resentment for decades more? When do you forgive and forget? It surely does nothing for your culture. No cohesive families, gang violence and the lack of integration into society of the U. S.

Honestly, the new immigrants to America, are kicking the Black Americans economically. When will you say enough and begin to heal? And, remember, the new immigrants have no white guilt and I see a world of hurt down the road, unless changes are made in your psyche. Look at Compton, California and how cities are changing demographically.

Please. get on with your lives. And, personally, I know that Blacks have just as much intelligence, energy and bravery as any other American citizen. They need to channel their positives to save themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies