Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2016, 08:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not a big fan of owning property but if I did own a house I'd have insurance on it. I'd have a clause in my contract with the bank to protect me in case of scenario #2.
Those are the fun things in life: putting on my big boy pants and having the right to negotiate terms with other parties minus Uncle Sam as umpire to muck up the works.
Unlike the statist, freedom for me is met with excitement...not fear.
Your bank isn't going to give you a clause that would require your private fire dept. to put the fire out in your house if you didn't pay your bill, anyone who ever had a mortgage would know that, how old are you anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 08:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Your bank isn't going to give you a clause that would require your private fire dept. to put the fire out in your house if you didn't pay your bill, anyone who ever had a mortgage would know that, how old are you anyway?
I'm talking about in a non-statist world where people are free to make voluntary associations, form contracts, and appoint their own resolution tribunals.

I understand a bank in our current system will do nothing for me. That's basically what monopolies offer people: nothing.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
I'm talking about in a non-statist world where people are free to make voluntary associations, form contracts, and appoint their own resolution tribunals. I understand a bank in our current system will do nothing for me. That's basically what monopolies offer people: nothing.
Have you forgotten what you said?

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of owning property but if I did own a house I'd have insurance on it. I'd have a clause in my contract with the bank to protect me in case of scenario #2.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:08 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I'll do private police to give you an idea of what I mean...

There could be private police if everyone in the community agrees to it, but you could also hire security, form a neighborhood watch, have an organization that you pay into similar to insurance, and they reimburse you if anything is stolen, etc...whatever people come up with and decide is in their own best interest. Nobody is forced into one option. It would also be more affordable and better quality with various organizations competing for customers. They can't just take money to fund themselves...they have to convince people that they should choose what they offer.

I'm sure the best solutions would be adopted by other communities and there would be a lot of innovation. Nobody has any interest in alternatives right now because the state won't allow it even if they wanted to try it out.

I'm surrounded by drunk friends right now who are asking me why I'm on my phone haha, so I hope that was an ok answer.
You have no evidence of that whatsoever.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Have you forgotten what you said?
Yes, in the absence of the state I assume private citizens would start their own banks.

And within that paradigm I may utilize the services of a bank. Without Uncle Sam horning in on the proceedings I could negotiate and agree as I see fit.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:37 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually just the opposite

I think people who think privatization is ridiculously bad, while they run around calling to expand government, using the argument the government does it better, while ignoring that the government contracts out the very same services they want to nationalize.

STUPID.

Healthcare being a prime example.. almost every state government contracts out healthcare insurance, but yet we hear non stop.. "government healthcare, yaaaaaa"..

as I said..

STUPID..
Lets all hope your not against everyone and not all about profit..

Old 01-23-2016, 11:41 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
T0103E and others of the same ilk...here's what you do.

Instead of writing pages of comments on a board like this, run for office and use all those comments as your platform.
See how far you get.
And then understand that you simply do not reflect America.

Instead of arguing with me (and others), just go do it.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
T0103E and others of the same ilk...here's what you do.

Instead of writing pages of comments on a board like this, run for office and use all those comments as your platform.
See how far you get.
And then understand that you simply do not reflect America.

Instead of arguing with me (and others), just go do it.
We can't run for office. We're anarchists. Or anarcho-capitalists if I had to pick a label.

There is no universal "platform" either. We only have one thing in common for sure: belief in the non-aggression principle.

If you do some research and watch a few videos you'll see that in our everyday lives most of us really are laid back folks.

That's the ironic thing about this libertarian viewpoint: we actually have great concern for others because we've been liberated from our old ways of thinking. It's a relief. It's a blessing. And the majority of people who become anarcho capitalists realize helping people without force or theft really is a beautiful thing.

I've gone too far now speaking collectively (and that's an evil word ) but that's my experience.

Google some Murray Rothbard for more info. Adam Kokesh does some pretty interesting man-on-the-street stuff via Youtube as well.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:22 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,630 times
Quote:
And yet you bought the fable that there is such a thing as a private and a public sector.
what do you mean?

Old 01-24-2016, 09:14 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
We can't run for office. We're anarchists. Or anarcho-capitalists if I had to pick a label.
No one asked you to pick a label. Although I'm curious. Do you label yourselves Americans? Confederate-Americans? Individual monarchs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
There is no universal "platform" either. We only have one thing in common for sure: belief in the non-aggression principle.
Apparently you also share the same language, Libertarianspeak. Where common words are given uncommon meanings. Where voting or electing a representative is a violation of the non-aggression principle. Nonsensical to anyone who doesn't speak Libertaryianspeak.

Quote:
If you do some research and watch a few videos you'll see that in our everyday lives most of us really are laid back folks.
Hah! That is, if you like Drama Queens! You realize you've compared social security, police force & all social programs to being raped, robbed or murdered? Right here in this thread. Of course, in libertarianspeak, taxes are always theft. You are some very laid back dudes!

Quote:
That's the ironic thing about this libertarian viewpoint: we actually have great concern for others because we've been liberated from our old ways of thinking. It's a relief. It's a blessing. And the majority of people who become anarcho capitalists realize helping people without force or theft really is a beautiful thing.
& here's another perspective. As Iain Banks' characters describes: “Libertarianism. A simple-minded right-wing ideology ideally suited to those unable or unwilling to see past their own sociopathic self-regard.”

Quote:
I've gone too far now speaking collectively (and that's an evil word ) but that's my experience.

Google some Murray Rothbard for more info. Adam Kokesh does some pretty interesting man-on-the-street stuff via Youtube as well.
Either that or just listen to you guys here. Become part of the Libertarian collective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies