Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,524,460 times

Advertisements

Go ahead. I'm waiting for you "freedom loving" conservatives to chime in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 09:37 PM

109 posts, read 68,389 times
I can't. Marijuana legalization is not a partisan issue. Channel JFK and build a coalition instead of trying to put people in a box.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:38 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
1. Alcohol makes girls clothes come off easier where Pot puts them to sleep.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:38 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Give me 5 reasons why I should care..

Old 01-29-2016, 09:43 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Forget schedule this or that. Why should politicians dictate what people can put into their own bodies?

Old 01-29-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Give me 5 reasons why I should care..
The thousands of people a year put in cages for these substances that the tax payers are paying for in prison, the existence of gangs and cartels that murder people by the thousands each year to control a substance that should be legal, the research that these substances are not only benign, but may have several medical benefits but remain illegal...etc....

Do I need to continue? I sure hope not...I bet you clamor on and on about guns...

Old 01-29-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Forget schedule this or that. Why should politicians dictate what people can put into their own bodies?
They should't

Old 01-29-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
I can't. Marijuana legalization is not a partisan issue. .
It shouldn't be...but funny thing about this forum, if you haven't been here long enough... all of the self proclaimed "conservatives" ***** and moan about their freedom being taken away, but fight tooth nail if you bring up cannabis legalization...they then resort to the old tried and true "stop advocating for lazy people without jobs" tripe that they go to time and time again.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:51 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
The thousands of people a year put in cages for these substances that the tax payers are paying for in prison, the existence of gangs and cartels that murder people by the thousands each year to control a substance that should be legal, the research that these substances are not only benign, but may have several medical benefits but remain illegal...etc....

Do I need to continue? I sure hope not...I bet you clamor on and on about guns...
My bad... I should have been more specific and said good reasons... I don't care if you go to prison for breaking a federal law. Gangs will still exist, they will simply change what they sell and fight over. There has been no definite benefit linked directly to cannabis medically. Actually I don't care if it's legalized or not. That said, I have never met a smoker who wasn't basically a loser.. If the shoe fits...

Old 01-29-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
My bad... I should have been more specific and said good reasons... I don't care if you go to prison for breaking a federal law. Gangs will still exist, they will simply change what they sell and fight over. There has been no definite benefit linked directly to cannabis medically. Actually I don't care if it's legalized or not. That said, I have never met a smoker who wasn't basically a loser.. If the shoe fits...
yeah haven't heard any good reasons from you. just your limited opinion.

you don't care if thousands of people go to prison a year for posessing a plant? we pay for all those prisoners. funny..I bet you complain about "free stuff" and "paying for people's healthcare"

Your presumption about how "gang violence will be the same" doesn't mean anything

You aren't up on the latest research on PTSD, depression, status epilepticus, alcoholism and nicotine addiciton if you don't think cannabis and psilocybin are relevant in 2016 in the medical world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies