Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 12:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
WIKI
Nice try!

You have stated that you have no problem with companies making billions in profits or capitalism.

You have stated you are affluent.

You have stated that insurance company CEO's don't deserve to be compensated large amounts and that health insurance companies don't deserve return on capital (profits).

And you stated that doctors at urgent care clinics were bottom feeders.

I don't think you understand when somebody repeats what you've stated its not an attack...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 12:52 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Not by the doc, but someone will have to do it.

Not according to Julian. Medicare will eliminate all paperwork and the Medicare Fairy will simply pay doctors without any paperwork. No claims. No errors. No fraud.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Not according to Julian. Medicare will eliminate all paperwork and the Medicare Fairy will simply pay doctors without any paperwork. No claims. No errors. No fraud.
I think Bernie Sanders thinks that, too!

Old 02-13-2016, 04:48 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
I think Bernie Sanders thinks that, too!
I think paper pushers are worried about losing their jobs. Ultimately this can be automated by giving every citizen in the system a card with a chip that can be read when the patient has an encounter.

Paperwork for universal care should be minimum because everybody is covered and paid for. Paperwork is designed to exclude or deny care. The only paperwork should be the patient's history and medical record and hopefully that would be up in the cloud ready to go.

This is devastating for bureaucrats!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
I think paper pushers are worried about losing their jobs. Ultimately this can be automated by giving every citizen in the system a card with a chip that can be read when the patient has an encounter.

Paperwork for universal care should be minimum because everybody is covered and paid for. Paperwork is designed to exclude or deny care. The only paperwork should be the patient's history and medical record and hopefully that would be up in the cloud ready to go.

That is the biggest misapprehension that people have about UHC, that everything is covered! If everything is covered, we will all be signing our checks over to the government! I don't believe all the rationing horror stories I hear about re: UHC countries, but there will be non-covered services. You should see all the regs for Medicare! I once worked for a home health agency, and really private insurance was easier to deal with than Medicare. In pvt ins, if the doctor said they needed home care, that was it! With Medicare, you had to tell them WHY the patient needed home care, why s/he was 'homebound', etc. And not every service was/is covered! There will need to be judgements made. There will still be a place for people.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 02-13-2016 at 05:51 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 05:25 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:

That's already done... It's called 5010 transactions covered by hipaa (ANSI sets the standards). Funny you mention it: cmms mandated it, Medicare couldn't do it, so payors, providers, and clearinghouse a operating as WEDI created the crosswalk for cmms...

Old 02-13-2016, 06:38 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
My position has been very consistent: single payer only works when everyone pays; the rates will be far more regressive than the democrats will allow.
Everyone needs to pay, even those making less than "poverty level" (snicker) need to be paying $25/month, at least.

Quote:
A public health plan would collect premiums just as the private system collects premiums. And I suspect the premiums would be lower.
But the premiums wouldn't be lower. I just proved that to you mathematically.

Quote:
Yes, it is usually about MONEy and that is why right wingers are violently opposed to healthcare for ALL.
"Right wingers" are not opposed to healthcare for all, in spite of your rantings.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:31 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Capping procedure reimbursement? And who makes that determination? The AMA?

In Japan it is the Ministry of Health. They decide what a MRI or CAT scan costs (roughly 15 dollars last year). It is illegal to to charge any more than what the Ministry sets as the price.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:06 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
In Japan it is the Ministry of Health. They decide what a MRI or CAT scan costs (roughly 15 dollars last year). It is illegal to to charge any more than what the Ministry sets as the price.
Believe it or not, it is 'illegal' to try and get more than contract, or 'ucr' rates here too. It is a term called balance billing. If reported to a state, provider can face sanctions, censure, and possible loss of license.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:00 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
That is the biggest misapprehension that people have about UHC, that everything is covered! If everything is covered, we will all be signing our checks over to the government! I don't believe all the rationing horror stories I hear about re: UHC countries, but there will be non-covered services. You should see all the regs for Medicare! I once worked for a home health agency, and really private insurance was easier to deal with than Medicare. In pvt ins, if the doctor said they needed home care, that was it! With Medicare, you had to tell them WHY the patient needed home care, why s/he was 'homebound', etc. And not every service was/is covered! There will need to be judgements made. There will still be a place for people.
This is your opinion from anecdotal evidence. And BTW, Medicare is managed by private contractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies