Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 01:39 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times

Advertisements

See coverage of Hillary Clinton's Flint visit to discuss water crisis | MLive.com

If the Flint water crises wasn't bad enough, the traumatized citizens had to endure a grueling visit from Hillary Clinton on Sunday. Have not these people suffered enough already???

Countering a disaster with another disaster is just not the answer. The fact that she is the Democrats best choice should disturb all of you just as much as her agonizing presence. Is this what you people really want? What useful thing does she do, besides loading her pockets with money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 01:56 PM

21,145 posts, read 19,722,567 times
What a waste of money (replacing the pipes). Just ship those people to Detroit. There are plenty of vacant houses there (Detroit has to tear down thousands of homes every year because no one wants to live in them).

And I don't think people were as poisoned as they are saying. All the water that was poisoned with lead was dirty (the corrosion in the pipes had to break down to release the lead). Who in their right mind would drink dirty water? I've had dirty water on occasion where the water department is working on pipes. I let the water flush until it becomes clear before drinking it.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:59 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
This is one of those moments where I would support my taxpayer dollars going to retrofit Flint with useable water pipes. Estimated cost is at least $1B. I see that kind of investment far more beneficial then watching billions of Medicaid dollars going to pay for illegal immigrants to pop out 5 anchor babies.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:35 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
See coverage of Hillary Clinton's Flint visit to discuss water crisis | MLive.com

If the Flint water crises wasn't bad enough, the traumatized citizens had to endure a grueling visit from Hillary Clinton on Sunday. Have not these people suffered enough already???

Countering a disaster with another disaster is just not the answer. The fact that she is the Democrats best choice should disturb all of you just as much as her agonizing presence. Is this what you people really want? What useful thing does she do, besides loading her pockets with money?

Personally, I would rather deal with the lead-less toxic!

Old 02-08-2016, 05:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Instead of working on the water infrastructure problem, this is what the Republicans in MI are working on instead:

http://winningdemocrats.com/the-mich...-anal-or-oral/

Old 02-08-2016, 06:50 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Instead of working on the water infrastructure problem, this is what the Republicans in MI are working on instead:

http://winningdemocrats.com/the-mich...-anal-or-oral/
Because after hundreds of years the state doesn't have laws allowing them to provide clean water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies