Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times

Advertisements

"In his opening speech on Wednesday, Reid called on the Senate to quickly move forward on the passage of S. 1789, the 21st Century Postal Service Act,..."

“Madam President,” Reid said to Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), the presiding officer of the Senate, “I’ll come home tonight here to my home in Washington and there’ll be some mail there. A lot of it is what some people refer to as junk mail, but for the people who are sending that mail, it’s very important.” “And when talking about seniors, seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world,” Reid continued."

Harry Reid, Proudly Defending Seniors’ Access to Junk Mail - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

How old is Harry now anyway? Cause he seems to be losing what little mind he had. Junk Mail as a Senior's only connection to the real world? I don't know what exactly is in this Postal Service Act, he's trying to rush through but if he has to use this bizarre line of defense, it probably involves more tax payer waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
I have an idea.......lets all forward all our junk mail to Harry.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I have an idea.......lets all forward all our junk mail to Harry.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"in his opening speech on wednesday, reid called on the senate to quickly move forward on the passage of s. 1789, the 21st century postal service act,..."

“madam president,” reid said to sen. Kirsten gillibrand (d-n.y.), the presiding officer of the senate, “i’ll come home tonight here to my home in washington and there’ll be some mail there. A lot of it is what some people refer to as junk mail, but for the people who are sending that mail, it’s very important.” “and when talking about seniors, seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world,” reid continued."

harry reid, proudly defending seniors’ access to junk mail - by jim geraghty - the campaign spot - national review online

how old is harry now anyway? Cause he seems to be losing what little mind he had. Junk mail as a senior's only connection to the real world? I don't know what exactly is in this postal service act, he's trying to rush through but if he has to use this bizarre line of defense, it probably involves more tax payer waste.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Goes right to the top 10 with "Moon colony by end of decade" Newt and "All your oil field are belong to us" Waters.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Apperently republicans like it too since I am now getting alot of political junkmail from them.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 PM

LOL @ "Seniors love to get junk mail."

Old 04-19-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Apperently republicans like it too since I am now getting alot of political junkmail from them.
Yeah, I know how you feel. My wife (switched to R from D recently, mostly as a result of running her own small business and observing the process firsthand) is still getting "Obamacare is great, don't forget come November" junkmail.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have no doubt about people having no problem sending it. But, who in their right mind likes receiving it?!

Old 04-19-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I have no doubt about people having no problem sending it. But, who in their right mind likes receiving it?!
People that need that large glossy photo of The One before they lock the door to the bathroom, for some time alone with their right hand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies