Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:54 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times

Advertisements

It's all hidden in one amazing quote:
"Bibi, you have to understand something. I’m the African American son of a single mother, and I live here, in this house. I live in the White House. I managed to get elected president of the United States. You think I don’t understand what you’re talking about, but I do.”

Really? The fact that you are an African American son of a single mother who managed to get to the WH makes you fully understand the extremely complicated matters of the ME?
And we see the results of this "understanding" every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 07:58 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
the US is so meaningless in the ME that the Palestinian authority can now praise the murder of an American with impunity

Biden criticizes Palestinians for not condemning attack that killed American student | FOX25

Old 03-10-2016, 08:01 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
For those whom wish to have a link, here is the full article:

President Obama

Old 03-10-2016, 08:40 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Why should we have anything to do with Middle East?
In other news:
Israel has more influence in the US congress than the American taxpayer.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:41 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why should we have anything to do with Middle East?
In other news:
Israel has more influence in the US congress than the American taxpayer.
aww, do you need a tissue?

Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
aww, do you need a tissue?
No, Israel (and others) need to fund their own defense,abortions, welfare state etc.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:46 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No, Israel (and others) need to fund their own defense,abortions, welfare state etc.
...especially when we are approaching $20T in debt.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:34 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Default Understanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
"Bibi, you have to understand something. I’m the African American son of a single mother, and I live here, in this house. I live in the White House. I managed to get elected president of the United States. You think I don’t understand what you’re talking about, but I do.”

Really? The fact that you are an African American son of a single mother who managed to get to the WH makes you fully understand the extremely complicated matters of the ME?
In response to what Obama has characterized as Netanyahu's condescending manner, Obama was trying to explain he was the POTUS and as such not to underestimate what he understands.

As Obama has also taken a different course from the heady cowboy days of George Bush and the other predecessors who all seemed somehow of the belief that we here in the west could alter the mentality of the Middle East, Obama has proven himself more prudent and measured in terms of our foreign policy than most Americans can grasp, including push-back against Israel's ongoing actions forever being protested by the Palestinians. We funnel those billions of dollars to Israel to fuel that fire? Yes, for decades now. Obama has tried to dampen that fire some...

Most Americans still seem to think that the problems in the Middle East are for us to fix somehow, ala Iraq, and no matter the long list of blunders, failures, money and lives lost, we just still don't get it.

Much like the beginning of this thread is hardly a step toward better "understanding." It is the opposite...

Old 03-10-2016, 11:04 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,379,892 times
because Putin is (by far) the smartest in the entire room?

Old 03-10-2016, 12:42 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post

What power are we losing in the Middle East. The power to send our young men and women to fight and die or be crippled by people who often hate our very presence? The power to be ripped off by oil sheiks who have picked our pockets for hundreds of billions of dollars? What sort of power is that, buddy? The Middle East needs to quarantined (cut off from our money, trade, military assistance and even air travel and telecommunications. surrounded by a great wall if necessary (The Chinese could give us building tips for such a wall)) Someday the fires of hate and insanity of that area may burn its self out but that day is not today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies