Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 10:14 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Why do you think feminists hate men? Some do, but they are extremists and do not portray what feminism means to most women.

I love men. I think they are great. I just think women are equal to men. That's it.
Here we go again. Everytime I say I wouldn't want to date a woman because of something I don't find attractive (my right by the way!) I get jumped on for my choice! A lot of women on this forum wouldn't date men for petty reasons like height and shyness but since I don't want to date a feminist I'm committing a dating world sin. I love women as well but if I don't want to date a woman then I am a bad person. Smh whatever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 10:30 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Here we go again. Everytime I say I wouldn't want to date a woman because of something I don't find attractive (my right by the way!) I get jumped on for my choice! A lot of women on this forum wouldn't date men for petty reasons like height and shyness but since I don't want to date a feminist I'm committing a dating world sin. I love women as well but if I don't want to date a woman then I am a bad person. Smh whatever
She(?) didn't say any of that.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:59 AM

854 posts, read 586,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
My husband is a feminist

Nice, you got a catch I hope you treat him well.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:09 AM

13 posts, read 6,839 times
Most people are sheep and just listen to what the media and society tells them. It's cool and trendy to be a feminist in today's world. So you'll see most women and many men saying that they are feminists.

These are the same people that, if they lived in a different time period, would also agree with the propaganda pitched during that particular time period (ie: they would dislike the military during Vietnam, dislike Jews during WW2, dislike blacks during the Jim Crow error). The average person is incapable of original thought and follow society without question.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:10 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Only on a conservative internet forum is the word "feminist" considered a pejorative.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:14 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsincity View Post
Most people are sheep and just listen to what the media and society tells them. It's cool and trendy to be a feminist in today's world. So you'll see most women and many men saying that they are feminists.

These are the same people that, if they lived in a different time period, would also agree with the propaganda pitched during that particular time period (ie: they would dislike the military during Vietnam, dislike Jews during WW2, dislike blacks during the Jim Crow error). The average person is incapable of original thought and follow society without question.
And you're able to see this because you're above-average, right? Thanks for enlightening us.

What I don't understand is why the Op would prefer a woman who doesn't value herself and her job skills enough to want to be paid fairly for her work, and who would be ok with workplace harrasment. If such a woman even exists. Some guys seem to gravitate towards women with low self-esteem.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:17 AM

13 posts, read 6,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And you're able to see this because you're above-average, right? Thanks for enlightening us.

What I don't understand is why the Op would prefer a woman who doesn't value herself and her job skills enough to want to be paid fairly for her work, and who would be ok with workplace harrasment. If such a woman even exists. Some guys seem to gravitate towards women with low self-esteem.
In some ways, I'm above average. In other ways, I'm not.

But the vast majority of people don't really have original thoughts and simply regurgitate what they are taught from a young age.

My generation has had feminism shoved down our throats since we were born. Like many other things in life, we were lied to.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:22 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
It was important to my husband that his long term partner be a feminist since he is one as well.

Like the awesome Justin Trudeau, Canada's Prime Minister, states:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtRnkm1GlY

Old 03-21-2016, 11:27 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsincity View Post
In some ways, I'm above average. In other ways, I'm not.

But the vast majority of people don't really have original thoughts and simply regurgitate what they are taught from a young age.

My generation has had feminism shoved down our throats since we were born. Like many other things in life, we were lied to.

You are right, and that is one of the tired old cliches right there. ^^^^^^
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,966 times
There are three completely different concepts that are called feminism:

1.) Activism to gain equal rights for women, the "original" feminism as intended when it was first started. Almost non-existent today.

2.) Taking away privileges from men and handing them over to women. All the rights with any of the responsibilities

3.) Blind hatred for all men.

I have no issues with woman #1, all the other ones, well - goes without saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies