Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 04:29 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
A man asked the question whether other people would date a self-identified feminist.
And to make an informed decision, one would have to know what feminism is. My point is that a fair number of men on this forum don't have the first clue because they dine at the manosphere dung-heap.

Dissenter is the only one here who had a good response, AFAIC. He'd ask her what she meant by that, and go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 04:32 PM

15 posts, read 10,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
And to make an informed decision, one would have to know what feminism is.
Penis envy + daddy issues + mental instability = feminism.

So for me, the answer to the OPs question is no thank you. Next question.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Jonathan View Post

That's a woman who needs a therapist. That isn't a feminist.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:35 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
And to make an informed decision, one would have to know what feminism is. My point is that a fair number of men on this forum don't have the first clue because they dine at the manosphere dung-heap.

Dissenter is the only one here who had a good response, AFAIC. He'd ask her what she meant by that, and go from there.
What if one doesn't need to have that person even define to know whether they would break off a relationship from a superficial label? Would one not date another if they don't fit a certain identification of a label, which will vary by person?

I wonder what my cats label of feminism is? He definitely prefers the female gender, but does that make him misogynostic? Now I'm questioning my cats true feelings on feminism.

I still like cats.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:37 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,416,130 times
Would I date a woman who turned out to be a feminist?

Actually I think I'd have a difficult time with a woman who wasn't.

No, no, sorry ladies. One of the sisters already has me. But good luck to all you folks out there.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:

Also a lot of feminists can take it too far and start spouting off hate towards men. That's why I wouldn't want to date one.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:58 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Also a lot of feminists can take it too far and start spouting off hate towards men. That's why I wouldn't want to date one.
Why do you think feminists hate men? Some do, but they are extremists and do not portray what feminism means to most women.

I love men. I think they are great. I just think women are equal to men. That's it.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:00 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:

Next question.
Why are you exposing yourself? The above stated clearly apply to you!

Old 03-20-2016, 05:05 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Yeah, there's feminism... and then there is "feminism". It's the difference between a level headed person who expects a level playing field for both sexes... and a petulant harpy whose knee-jerk reaction is pepper the conversation with such phrases as "patriarchy" and "rape culture".
Haven't we seen these behaviors in this very forum on a multitude of occasions? What's wrong with addressing the antiquated nature of patriarchy, or is it only bothersome if the feminist is a petulant harpy?

Old 03-20-2016, 05:12 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Any woman that mentions "patriarchy" is also a feminist. Feminists typically like to make up things and fudge history to justify their war on men and their (the woman's) current societal privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies