Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 01:29 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,748,536 times

Advertisements

It's a yes no question.

Yes. Our arguments will lead to good make-ups 😀
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 01:33 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,251,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
It's a yes no question.

Yes. Our arguments will lead to good make-ups 😀
It is so not a 'yes or no' question. Someone who thinks it is a 'yes or no' question has no understanding of the intellectual breadth of what feminism encompasses.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:40 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,166,515 times
I only date gals that respect the patriarchy. I'm preparing for a long life alone.......

Old 03-20-2016, 01:42 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,391,328 times
If everything is great, and remains great, it makes no difference if she's a feminazi or not.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,930 times
Feminism in itself is not a bad thing...it depends entirely on the person.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:50 PM

18 posts, read 17,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It is so not a 'yes or no' question. Someone who thinks it is a 'yes or no' question has no understanding of the intellectual breadth of what feminism encompasses.
The core fundamentals of feminism is good stuff, equal opportunity, equal access, etc etc. I think part of the problem is is when you watch shows like CNN or Fox news and they're interviewing people on a given subject that might be a woman specific issue, it seems like the panel of people to discuss the issue, they always seem to have a complete whack job man hater their as the "feminist" representation. I've seen this type of thing over the years, so I think some people tend to associate feminism with "man hater" and obviously they aren't the same thing, not making excuses I'm just saying, I think what happens over the years is that the meaning of words tend to shift and sometimes take on different connotations.

Just a thought.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,251,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
The core fundamentals of feminism is good stuff, equal opportunity, equal access, etc etc. I think part of the problem is is when you watch shows like CNN or Fox news and they're interviewing people on a given subject that might be a woman specific issue, it seems like the panel of people to discuss the issue, they always seem to have a complete whack job man hater their as the "feminist" representation. I've seen this type of thing over the years, so I think some people tend to associate feminism with "man hater" and obviously they aren't the same thing, not making excuses I'm just saying, I think what happens over the years is that the meaning of words tend to shift and sometimes take on different connotations.

Just a thought.
I actually agree with you, hence my comment. Feminism is all over the place. For one example, I don't know a woman in America who doesn't think that women shouldn't be able to vote, sign contracts, take out loans, and host of other hard-won rights. But just as the Westboro Baptist Church grabs all the headlines yet doesn't represent a fraction of Christianity, the same is true for the women you mention.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:55 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,413,825 times
I'm a feminist as I believe in equal rights for women. Men and women are different but equal.

A male or female can choose their own path in life. They can choose to be a stay at home parent or work. They can have children, or not.

I am a moderate politically, stay at home parent, and I am also a feminist. I believe in the power to choose the right path in life for either gender. Do what makes you happy.

I've been happily with my husband for over two decades. :-)

Old 03-20-2016, 01:57 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,022,223 times
Naomi Wolf-Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4n6gFu-Ocs

Laurie Penny-No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj9dA6E3fJw

Old 03-20-2016, 02:00 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,746,667 times
I am not sure why any man would be scared to date a feminist especially before actually getting to know her? It is not a clear cut definition. I am feminist. I do believe that women and men should have equal rights (Why any woman would not want equal rights shocks me?). That does not mean I don't like kids, bake, cook, clean, wear high heels, make up or would ever think in a million years of burning my bra (I actually like my bras). But I don't want to be limited to any certain role and enjoy the idea of having choices and think all humans should have them. If you want to pay for dinner go ahead, but know if you are down on your luck I am strong enough help pull you back on your feet without judging you because I would see you as a person ... not just someone to support me. I would want you and not need you. Not sure why anyone man would be scared to be with a women like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies